Ipswich Town V West Ham United

Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:10 pm

Last Time out

TEAM NEWS

Ipswich midfielder Lee Bowyer misses out on an appearance against his old club with a groin strain.

Goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is suspended while Ryan Stevenson could make his debut after signing from Hearts.

West Ham welcome back Matt Taylor who has missed the last eight Hammers game but midfielder Papa Bouba Diop is out with a hamstring strain.

American George John could make his debut while Joey O'Brien returns as does Guy Demel after a thigh injury.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Ham lead by 27 wins to 20 over Ipswich after 67 league and cup clashes since 1950. At Portman Road, the Hammers have won 12 and lost 11 of the 28 league matches, scoring 42 goals and conceding 42.

• Ipswich won the reverse fixture 1-0 in September, and are hoping to complete their first double over the London club since the 1976/77 top-flight campaign.

• The East End club, who need to score twice to total 100 competitive goals against Ipswich, have not dropped a point in three visits to Portman Road, and last lost a regular league game in Suffolk 23 years ago, although they did lose 1-0 in the first leg of the play-off semi-final in May 2004.

Ipswich Town

• Paul Jewell's Tractor Boys are on the longest current winless run in the Championship of six games (D2, L4), and lie immediately above the relegation zone, with a four-point cushion.

• The Suffolk club have the weakest defence in the Championship (54 goals conceded in 27 games), and are the only club in the division to have shipped two goals a game on average.

• The victory at Upton Park in September is their only triumph against any of the top eight clubs.

West HamUnited

• The Championship's new table toppers are chasing a fourth straight league win, to maintain their three point lead at the summit, and keep their 100% league record in 2012.

• Sam Allardyce's side have the tightest defence in the division, with just 24 goals shipped in 27 games, at 0.89 goals per game. They have kept an unrivalled 12 clean sheets, of which 10 were won.

• The home loss to Ipswich was their only defeat to date against a bottom-half club.

Re: Ipswich Town V West Ham United

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

Nice one Darlin , your getting good at this , innit hugsmiley
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

Why thank you boss....I try me best... Very Happy

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

Was over to the Tractor Boys and this is some of the answers I got Very Happy

Jamma123
    I'm really looking forward to this match, and the chance for us to get some revenge for the last meeting between the two sides. Well not the last, obviously - us Tractor Boys all enjoyed the game at Upton Park earlier in the season! Smile Matches between Ipswich and West Ham always seem to be special occasions and hopefully this one will be no different. The first goal will be crucial, especially with us short of confidence at the moment, but I can see a high-scoring, entertaining affair with Ipswich coming out on top by a single goal. I'd love nothing more than to do the double over the Hammers and to put a spanner in the works of your promotion bid! May the best team win and hopefully there won't be any crowd trouble on the night - I mentioned on here recently that West Ham fans can never seem to find their way to the away end at Portman Road!

marko69
    Geezeeeeerrrrrr cockneyboooooyyyyy. Do you look like Darts player Bobby George?

I reckon it'll be a cracking game @ PR with you guys looking for some revenge. I've got it down for a draw though. I personally am hoping you guys win the league as I've got a decent bet on that you do.
    As for relegation battle......, well it's certainly looking that way at the moment, but the window ain't shut yet...., still more deals to be done, hopefully the right staff come in and it'll be a mid table season.

By the way......, I detest the colour of a west ham top. Why you wanna play in that sh*te?

bluemike
    Hi Geezer and welcome to the forum. This will probably be one of the most eagerly awaited games at Portman Road this season and hopefully will be a good game to watch. As for players to watch out for, well we havent got man y just lately to be honest, although in the last two or three games wideman Lee Martin is finally starting to find some form and has looked impressive, while on his day Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is full of tricks too, he is also starting to look a bit better after a very slow start for us.

I think Southampton are starting to show signs of fatigue at the top and I can see you guys winning the Championship come next May. Quite a few of our fans are consigned to us being relegated already but they do tend yo be very knee jerk around these parts, while it hasnt been great this season I think we will be just fine in the second half of the season, we are told some nbew faces should be arriving soon and that will hopefully help in areas where we are weak, mainly defence. Hopefully it will be a trouble free evening and enjoy the game, well not too much!! 😉

jerry2011
    Oi Geezer! Your peacefull invasion is welcome, It should be a good close game, hopefully Town can repay you by doing the double over you, you know as pay back for the times you guys knocked us out of the playoff's. 😢 I wish all you guys a safe journey up and a misrable but safe journey home again :mrgreen: likewise though it'll be great for the evening to go off without any crowd problems and everyone goes home having been entertained by a goalfest of a game, realisticly I can see it ending in a draw but Town could just pinch this one if our players put in the same type of shift as they did Saturday, here's hoping 😉

shabba
    Wow the mood here changes fast, pre-Blackpool I think everyone would have had this down as a 48-0 defeat......

For me I've written this game off, West Ham usually do well at our place and they are a strong side with a top manager, should be dead cert for Promotion this year, viat 1st place I'd imagine.

We badly need a right back and another CB, maybe a midfielder too, injuries aren't helping us at the moment, and frankly I don't know what team will turn up on Sat, the one that played well on Sat or the one that got beat by a terrible Forrest.

philgoddard
    Would it be really bitter for me to say i hope west ham finish 3rd, after being in the top 2 most of the season. End up playing the team in 6th earning a draw in the first leg then being battered at home in the second?

only kidding of course, oh those happy memories!!
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

Jamma123
    I'm really looking forward to this match, and the chance for us to get some revenge for the last meeting between the two sides. Well not the last, obviously - us Tractor Boys all enjoyed the game at Upton Park earlier in the season! Smile Matches between Ipswich and West Ham always seem to be special occasions and hopefully this one will be no different. The first goal will be crucial, especially with us short of confidence at the moment, but I can see a high-scoring, entertaining affair with Ipswich coming out on top by a single goal. I'd love nothing more than to do the double over the Hammers and to put a spanner in the works of your promotion bid! May the best team win and hopefully there won't be any crowd trouble on the night - I mentioned on here recently that West Ham fans can never seem to find their way to the away end at Portman Road!

Is he mental :shock:
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 5:02 pm

philgoddard
    Would it be really bitter for me to say i hope west ham finish 3rd, after being in the top 2 most of the season. End up playing the team in 6th earning a draw in the first leg then being battered at home in the second?

only kidding of course, oh those happy memories!!

My favourite thankyou

Post  mottinghammer on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

yeah like that one cheesey grin . Was prob my favourite night at UP, that or the game against entracht Frankfaut in 1976.

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:12 am

We must and should win this quite easy , Iam going 3-1 West Ham -( Cole,Nolan and a Noble penalty ) .. With matty Taylor back we should if plays have alot of decent crosses coming in from the left for cole to put away hopefuly WH Flag
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:28 am

mottinghammer wrote:yeah like that one cheesey grin . Was prob my favourite night at UP, that or the game against entracht Frankfaut in 1976.

Ian and I often talk about that night (not entracht Frankfaut in 1976, he's too young) and how special it was, still gives me goose bumps thinging about it.
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

Big Sam on Ipswich
    Sam Allardyce on why a striker is top of his transfer-window wish list and why his team must stay focused
    Send Print RSS

Sam Allardyce pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday evening's game with Ipswich Town was a chance for journalists to get the manager's thoughts on the npower Championship match but also, of course, the latest on possible transfers into the club.
    Why are you looking at bringing a striker in?
    SA: Having analysed it, we've had so many good chances, even against Nottingham Forest we had easy chances that we missed and in some cases did not hit the target. Perhaps the players are getting a little anxious about it, perhaps I moan too much but we all know that we've got to do better in that area. If we do better in that area then we'll start scoring freely. That'll take a lot of pressure off us as we go into the final stages of a game or the final stages of the season. We all know the anxiety the last few minutes of a game brings up if you're 1-0 up and the anxiety will now only increase as the games get fewer and fewer. If you're in control of the game and you punish the opposition then it genuinely takes the anxiety out of everybody.
    Are you looking overseas at players?
    SA: On the back of our search in this country, the ability for us to find a player that we wanted was rejected constantly, particularly how early we bid and how much money we bid. Unlike most windows, the money hasn't talked like it normally has. There's no doubt that sometimes clubs try to squeeze more out of us, while there are some clubs that don't want to sell to us in the first place if we're in their division. You just have to live with that and move on. As far as Carlos Tevez is concerned that is not an option for us. I don't think we've got the OK from Manchester City.
    Are you looking to get another striker?
    SA: I'm trying to get another striker but I thought we were going to get our players early in the window and the only one we managed was George John on loan. Every other option has come and gone and there are all sorts of reasons why they haven't. During those negotiations, things can happen like agents fees get too big or wages get escalated beyond belief so there are many reasons why a deal breaks down but you must always have a sensible value in your head. You must always protect the fact that the finances at West Ham are extremely delicate in terms of where it lies at the moment. You want to get better players but if it's too expensive you have to say 'No'.
    You are now top of the npower Championship. Is it a case that you're now looking over your shoulder?
    SA: When you're in my position the worst thing you can hear is 'You're nearly there'. You're never up until is mathematically certain. Once it is then you can start celebrating. With 19 games still to go there are a massive amount of points still available and you've got to gather as many as you can. If you're good enough as my team was at Notts County [when they were promoted] then you can win it with eight games to go.
    Is there still a weight of expectation on the players at the club?
    SA: I think they still feel it as the pressure is constant for us. In our group of players there's only Kevin Nolan at Newcastle that has experienced the need to consistently be winning games week-in, week-out and the pressure that brings. It's a big ask. You go to bed and you wake up with it. If you can relieve that then that is my job as a manager and you have to try and make the players relax a little bit more. If they're thinking about it too much it becomes a burden for them rather than a pleasure - pressure should be a pleasure not a burden.
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 6:53 pm

Couple of links found , dont know if they will w**k [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A possible stream [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

cheers fo the link WH Flag
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

Ipswich Town: Lee-Barrett, Cresswell, Edwards, Sonko, Smith, Martin, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chopra, Drury, Hyam, Murphy
    Subs: Wright, Delaney, Leadbitter, Scotland, Bullard

West Ham United: Green, Faubert, McCartney, Tomkins, Reid, Noble, Collison, Nolan, Lansbury, Taylor, Cole
    Subs: Baldock, Faye, Nouble, Hall, O'Neil
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:47 pm

No Piq Carew or sears

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:47 pm

Come on you Irons lets get an early goal before they do please WH Flag FFS WEST HAM FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry2 SORT OUT WEST HAM 1-0 DOWN ALREADY FFS angry2
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

Radio comm that works peeps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

Going to be a long game. 😠

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

lets hope that morrsison and maynard and sign they contracts cheesey grin WH Flag because this will put them off signing for us angry2
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

Come on West Ham this is not a walk in the park you lazy fuckers
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

Casual seems to being used a bit too much from the comm regarding West Ham . What the fcuk are they playing at , its dipswitch FFS

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:29 pm

well morrison,vas te and maynard i bet you wish you hadnt signed now ffs west ham losing to ispwich
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

finguck brilliant West ham , could hold out for a min or two more . What the fcuk are they playing at , uphill battle in the 2nd half and from what I have heard it will be a battle to get a point out of this angry2 angry2 angry2
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

*Shakes head in despair* Telling

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

FFS WEST HAM 3-1 FFS WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU DOING !!! angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

this is finguck embarrasing scratch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:34 am