West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Campo
Charlie Ham
Geezer
Arran H
Johnny K
Admin
10 posters

West Ham United FC v Watford

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Watford Empty West Ham United FC v Watford

Post  Admin Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

West Ham United FC v Watford ClubLogoWest Ham United v Watford West Ham United FC v Watford ClubLogo

TEAM NEWS

Matt Taylor returns to the West Ham squad for the visit of Watford after serving a three-game ban.

Julien Faubert (virus) is doubtful while John Carew is struggling with a knee problem. Defender Winston Reid could miss out after he was knocked unconscious on international duty.

Watford are without long-term absentees Martin Taylor (shoulder) and Stephen McGinn (knee).

Ross Jenkins (groin) and Gavin Massey (tooth infection) both miss out.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Ham lead 21-5 in the overall head-to-head, with five of their 31 league meetings drawn.

• Watford were trounced 4-0 when they faced West Ham at Vicarage Road seven months ago, but they recorded a 1-0 win on their last visit to Upton Park, in the Premier League in February 2007. It was their only victory over these opponents in 21 league fixtures since November 1985.

• The Hammers need to score twice to total 50 league goals against Watford.

West Ham United

• The second-placed Hammers resume the race with Southampton for top spot in the Championship, looking to stretch their unbeaten league run to six games.

• Sam Allardyce has masterminded three wins and two draws since a shock 5-1 away loss to Ipswich; their only reverse in nine league games this calendar year.

• The East London club, who are aiming for an immediate return to the Premier League, are also a seventh home league game without defeat. They have drawn the last two at Upton Park, but have not been beaten before the home faithful since the visit of Burnley on 3 December.

Watford
    Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

• Watford have spent all season in lower mid-table, and travel in search of their second back-to-back wins in eight league outings.

• On Saturday they came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at home against Burnley. It was the fourth time the Hornets have come from behind to win in the league this season.

• Sean Dyche's men have managed just three away victories in the Championship and their total of 12 goals scored is the second lowest away return in the division. Only Coventry (seven) have a worse record.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Watford Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Watford

Post  Admin Mon 05 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

As per normal , I popped over to the Hornets Chat and asked a few questions , here are some of the responses I have so far and will post more if/when they reply .

My questions

Seeing as you will be visiting us in a couple of day,s I thought I would pop over and introduce myself . I started a Chat Forum a few months ago , so it is still very new with only 80+ members and I have been visiting our oppo,s every week to get some feedback to post on our site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . You are currently 17th in the table so not much chance of a play off place but how do you see next season , do you have the funds to fight for a place in the prem ? Who are the players we should keep an eye on on Wednesday and why ? Do you think we will make the champion place to get promoted or have you any other views on that subject ? Who are the players that will give you the biggest problem in WH and why ? Its very tight at the top at the mo , who do you think will take 1st , 2nd and 3rd place and who will be the 4 that fight it out in the play offs . All reasonable answers will be posted on our Chat Site by me , you are welcome over but be nice as I have been on your gaff
    I was up at Watford for a night game years ago and on the way out I actually lost my trainer , someone stood on the heel and it came off , could,nt stop to get it as the crowd just carried me forward . So if anyone has found a size 9 Reebock trainer , white , its the left foot , can you take it with you on Wednesday and leave it at the ticket office , cheers

CThulhu

Welcome. To answer your questions.
    We are all fuming we are not in the playoffs, this season is a disaster. We have spent to go up this year and this hasn't happened. We have a millionaire owner and he has made it clear lots off funds are available for the fight.
    Keep an eye out for Iwelumo - our impact sub. If you knows your football you'll appreciate his style.
    I think you'll go up second.
    I think any of your 30 or so strikers will be a problem - btw how do fans keep track?
    Saints, then you then erm, only two go up automatically

Forget to say, good luck for the rest of the season, except for when you play us o b v i o u s l y!

WFCloyal

Everyone of your 572 strikers are better than ours so I guess they will be the main threat although they can't all threaten when most of them are sitting in the stand watching. We know Lansbury is good from his time with us and I would be wary of Noble and Nolan as well. All the evidence suggests that West Ham should win the league but I have a sneaky feeling that they will only make the playoffs and then miss out on promotion. I would expect them to beat us on Wednesday though

Hornetboy

West Ham are one of those clubs that should be in their own "special" league in between the Premiership and the Championship. You could be founder members, along with any Midlands club (apart from Villa), Rangers and Celtic. You will win the Championship this season, and will also win it again in 2014.

I think the most important players will be the goalies. Both sides have high profile, error prone keepers and it will be the one that concedes the fewest will win the game I think

I didn't find a trainer, but I did find a flipper on holiday once. I will donate that to you if you like, so you wont have to walk around with one shoe and a wet sock anymore.

Nnnn

Here's a question to 'ammers fans that I would genuinely like to know the anwser to. Serious question because, like it or not, this is a fact.

How did West Ham go from being one of the most liked & respected clubs in the land with neutral fans in the 60's & early 70's, to being one of the most hated british clubs in modern times? Where did it all go wrong?

To pints of Lager now

Listen sam if you wanted to know who will threaten you you should get off your backside and come watch us instead of us giving you all the clues to our side,that is really lazy management.the nerve of it Big sam!!!!

iamofwfc

ICF and upton park being a nightmare for any away fan! I got taxed there when I was about 15 by a group saying they were the Under 5's right outside the main stand ! all character building stuff ! Also they all claim to be Eastenders and not many live near the ground or in the area! All claim to have family that know the Krays and they were nice decent blokes who loved their mum and only hurt their own!

Never known a group who can turn on a manager so quickly and they claim to be the most loyal in the country, the treatment they gave John Lyall at the end was a joke!

Frontrowrook

Next season: I see us building on what is starting to look like a decent team. I think we will struggle to keep hold of the likes of Mariappa and I think Murray will attract some (more) interest. I think realistically next season we can aim for the top half.

Key man: I think our key man has to be Sean Murray. He is fantastic from set pieces, at is our most creative player. He doesn't mind beating the full back and getting a cross in or cutting inside and getting a shot off. Alex Kacaniklic is another one to look out for.

WH Key Man: Haven't really seen much of West Ham this season. I know you have an abundance of quality strikers but I haven't seen who has been starting recently. I think if he starts, Maynard would be my biggest worry. Vaz Te was in great form for Barnsley earlier in the season and could pose a huge threat, and we all know about Lansbury as well. He is a class player, and I really don't understand why he hasn't been kept around the Arsenal first team.

WH season: Personally I think Birmingham will pinch an automatic spot. Southampton seem to have picked up a bit of form again so I can see Brum nicking your place right at the end. I'm not even going to try and predict what might happen in the playoffs because you simply never know! Reading will be very tough to beat going on their current form but anything can happen between now and then.

Admin

Every year in the early 80's they used to turn up in big numbers under the scoreboard.

Friendly club? No, they are a slightly posher Millwall, that's all.

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

Last time out Smile

[youtube][/youtube]
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

They are a bit prickly, aren't they? Must be not really knowing whether you come from the big city or are a yokel, when in truth you are neither. A sort of banjo playing chav.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

Iam going 4-1 West Ham !! Cole,Nolan and Maynard to score twice WH Flag COYI
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

I'm a bit nervous about this. Mainly because our home form has looked more wobbly than our away form. I guess it's the half empty side of me. Was listening to a Radio London sports report this morning & the reporter was more or less suggesting we were up if we won. Two games less than Soton & only 2 points behind - easy games in the immediate future. I don't know but all I can see is Reading on our shoulder coming like a runaway train!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 07 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Reading are gonna fcuk up soon , I read it in my tea leaves this morning Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 4:28 pm

Anyone who wants to pop over to the hornets site , here,s the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:40 pm

Some don't seem to like us.

I like the posh Millwall types only we don't have caravans.

As for being frendly, not on match days.

Looking forward to the game tonight and hope they bring some fans along.
    Been poor in the past. Are they afraid?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:55 pm

Links , probably radio only

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Windows media player)

Outside of UK , try
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (needs Real Player)
    or
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 07 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

touchy lot aint they.. do thier replica shirts come with a free chip to place on the shoulder
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:28 pm

Get in their ... 442 with Maynard and Cole upfront , Now we should a few goals with them upfront WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:33 pm

The team news is in. Three changes from Big Sam as Jack Collison, Ricardo Vaz Te and Henri Lansbury drop out, with Matt Taylor, Julien Faubert and Carlton Cole coming in. Watford make four changes from the side that roared back to beat Burnley 3-2 at the weekend, with Liam Dickinson, Dale Bennett, Alex Kacaniklic and Chris Iwelumo coming in. Lee Hodson, Nyron Nosworthy, Prince Buaben and Joe Garner make way. West Ham will likely play 4-4-2 at home, with Cole and Nicky Maynard together up front.

West Ham United: Green, O'Brien, McCartney, Faye, Tomkins, Faubert, Noble, Nolan, Taylor, Cole, Maynard
    Subs: Boffin, O'Neil, Lansbury, Vaz Te, Baldock

Watford: Kuszczak, Dickinson, Doyley, Mariappa, Bennett, Kacaniklic, Eustace, Hogg, Murray, Deeney, Iwelumo
    Subs: Loach, Taylor, Buaben, Trotta, Garner
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:37 pm

This ones working

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

rofl smiley Spurs losing 1-0 already , only took stevenage 4mins to score cheesey grin
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Its on radio London too.
    Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Kray_Snr Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

audio .............possible stream
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Sounds like we are pushing these fuckers back , foobear close there COYI WH Flag
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

That stream comes up with the Yids game-they have equalised!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

Noble gets a yellow for what ?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

ProbAably needlessly giving away a foul for no reason. One of his favourite tricks!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:14 pm

Whos the comm tonight , anyone know ?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

Brian Moore???

I am following the offish text commentary.
    Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Kray_Snr Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

stream wasnt working earlier just had us on audio Smile

don't shoot the middle man :O)
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

Kray_Snr wrote:stream wasnt working earlier just had us on audio Smile

don't shoot the middle man :O)

I weren't. I linked to it from Geezers post so it's his bloody fault!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:48 am