West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Campo
Charlie Ham
Geezer
Arran H
Johnny K
Admin
10 posters

West Ham United FC v Watford

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Watford - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Watford

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Brian Moore???

I am following the offish text commentary.

Its on here Stu [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Audio only

fcuk me I,m sorry mate , forgot meself there for a minute

Last edited by Admin on Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:32 pm

Any subtitles??
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

See above dude :oops:
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:36 pm

This ref sounds to be finguck everything up , what a bloody joke

Whats this all about " After three attempts, Doyley takes a throw correctly "
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 8:51 pm

We need a goal as soon as possible as watford I can just see them scoring Evil or Very Mad Come on west ham , Bring on Lansbury and Vaz te for me , Take off Faubert and Taylor
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

Sounds like Baldock is coming on for .......Maynard
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

Come on West Ham FFS , your letting them back in it after starting so well in the 2nd half

Bollix , what the fcuk are you playing at , jesus finguck christ Viking
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:16 pm

I just finguck knew it angry2 angry2 Bunch of West Ham United FC v Watford - Page 2 3725042725 angry2 Do they not want to go top ffs angry2
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

How many chances do we need , how many sitters have we missed . Pissed awf in Sweden angry2 angry2 angry2
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:30 pm

Just got in..One nil down and Cole misses a sitter...I thought this was a live game, seems like I've heard it before :shock:
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

When will BFS learn that we play better when we actually play football and not when we play the hoof it up and hope for the best style that BFS likes to play FFS angry2

after this proformance I EXPECT US TO THRASH DONCASTER WITH NO EXCUSES angry2
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

yyyyeeeeesssss Vaz Te clap Now lets go on and get a very late winner WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

Get in there Vaz Te
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

9 minutes extra time......what's that all about?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Where you been , lots of injuries
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:47 pm

Well I think the Fans Have every right to Boo that proformance , that finguck awful , we did not diserve to get a point out of this game
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

Admin wrote:Where you been , lots of injuries

I've been out for dinner.....
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Admin wrote:Where you been , lots of injuries

I've been out for dinner.....

Best place to have been.

It was so bad there tonight. We made Watford look good.

Another game on saturday and I'ver got to admit that I'm fed up with watching shit play football.

We look really good away but have no clue at home with at least 5 player looking bad.

Sam has to bring his love child back and make other changes and what a good job he made of it.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

What a load of inept shite that was last night

Maybe BFS has a point and we simply cannot function in a 4-4-2? It certainly seems like that when the undroppable Nolan plays in midfield. Noble is simply not the same player with Nolan alongside him. Nolan is not a central midfield player in a 4-4-2. He cannot head, chase or tackle and leaves Noble exposed. His best position is just behind the main striker in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. In essence he is a "luxury" player which you cannot afford to have in a 4-4-2 in the centre of the park. BFS seems too blinkered to see this fact

Add to that the fact that we had two wingers on the pitch but chose to lump the ball up to Cole - who was awful all night. Mariappa who is clearly a foot shorter than him not only beat him in the air ALL NIGHT but had to let him out of his pocket at full time. Maynard was very poor too

Faubert was back to being..........well Faubert. One decent cross all night. He was shite.

Our back four was solid as it more than often is. McCartney was the pick of them. In fact he was our best player IMO. It is the lack of creativity and ideas in front of them that is so worrying. Baldock, Vaz Te and Lansbury gave us much needed energy and enthusiasm when they came on. Baldock's movement is superb and deserves a start in front of Maynard. Vaz Te makes things happen and has now scored the same number of goals for West Ham since he joined at the end of January that Faubert has scored in FIVE YEARS. Says it all really

Maybe we need to set up 4-3-3 at home with a holding player in front of Nolan/Noble like we do away from home

I would go with Green, O'Brien, Reid, Faye, McCartney, Tomkins, Nolan, Noble, Vaz Te, Baldock, Taylor as the starting 11. Bench Boffin, Maynard, Cole, Lansbury, O'Neil

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

I think from now to the end of the season we should play 451 at Home and 433 away from home WH Flag

Home 451: Green,McCartney,Tomkins,Faye,O`Brien,Taylor,Nolan,Noble,Faubert,Vaz Te and Cole
    Green
    McCartney--Tomkins--Faye--O`Brien
    Taylor--Noble--Noble--Faubert
    Vaz Te
    Cole

Away 433: Green,McCartney,Tomkins,Faye,O`Brien,Lansbury,Nolan,Noble,Vaz Te,Taylor,Maynard
    Green
    McCartney--Tomkins--Faye--O`Brien
    Lansbury--Noble--Nolan
    Taylor--Maynard--Vaz Te
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

Not sure either of those line-ups/formations would w**k Arran - for a myriad of reasons. Still football is all about opinions mate !
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

West Ham United FC v Watford - Page 2 Empty Big Sam after the game ( Kumb,ed )

Post  Geezer Thu 08 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

Frustration, Sam?

Very frustrating. We haven't shown enough quality in the chances we've created or the final ball delivered to see off Watford tonight and [we] nearly paid the price for it.

The frustrating part is that we know what we want to do, we know where we want to get but at the moment we just can't find the cutting edge here at Upton Park. Obviously Watford were a very stubborn unit today and made life difficult for us but you've got to expect that. Based on the chances we've had and missed - again - it's disappointing, because if you're not clinical enough then it's always a struggle.

It nearly ended with us losing this one instead of winning the game. We haven't been like that or looked like that for a long, long time - certainly away from home. At least we had the ability and desire to claw it back to 1-1, but I really did expect us to win it from thereon especially with the nine minutes of stoppage time and the amount of pressure we were exerting on the opposition who couldn't get out of their own half. But we didn't find the killer touch yet again sadly.

So a frustrating night for us all but in the end you have to respect the point again, move on to Doncaster and make sure we get three on Saturday.

Is it the strikers who are to blame?

Well one of our strikers scored to get us back in the game today. But yet again some of the chances didn't fall to our strikers; Mark Noble in the first half, Julien Faubert at the far post... Carlton Cole, to be fair; the cross came in from Vaz Te, [it was] just a sidefoot in [but] he completely missed it. Balls that dropped down in the box... Sam Baldock [or] whoever's there, they've got to lash them in the back of the net. Shooting from outside the box, making sure you hit the target...

I've just had a look at their goal and I thought it went straight in, but it's typical of a night like this. They've hit a speculative shot and it's actually going nowhere in terms of causing us any trouble, but it's deflected off Abdoulaye Faye and gone in off the post. Then you start wondering whether it's going to be one of those nights, of course. But to be fair to the lads at least we came back with a vengeance, changed the system again to a 4-3-3 instead of a 4-4-2 and got back into a winning position from where we should never have been but were.

Your problems do seem to be at home - you don't have them away from home?

In the last two games, yeah. In the two games previous we drew with Southampton with ten men and we beat Millwall with ten men after eight minutes. In those terms we were f***ing magnificent! Recently we've turned that magnificent home form into frustrating results.

But it boils down to sticking the ball in the back of the net; it eases the anxiety and it eases the pressure on everybody. We go away from home... we beat Blackpool 4-1, we beat Cardiff 2-0. Cardiff could have been beaten by three or four nil. What we've got to do at home is the same as we do away and be as good and clinical as we are.

But yet again, it entices the opposition on to you when they're playing at home and their responsibility is to attack you; they leave a lot more space for us to exploit. When people come here they're going to sit with two banks of four, like Watford did today, and frustrate you. We've got to be able to cope with it and make sure we overcome it.

Is it a psychological blow that you haven't gone top?

It's a psychological blow for us because we could have won this game, gone back on top of this league and got closer to two points a game which is our target. Forget the position in the league, it's nice to be at the top but our target is two points per game. If we had won today we'd have been one point off two points a game - and if we beat Doncaster [this weekend], do the first nine point week, we're right back where we want to be. Now we've dropped behind again.

Our position in the league is not as important to me as making sure we get two points a game, because I know what two points per game gives us. And you know don't you, because you've heard me say it enough! Automatic promotion.

Do you see Reading being as serious contenders as Southampton for the top two now?

Absolutely. I wish we could go on a run like Reading! They've had the best run in the league from... maybe Southampton early doors might have matched it in the first ten games, but Reading in the last ten or twelve have taken 33 points out of 39, haven't they? It's a fantastic run of games.

Birmingham went 15 without defeat but have found that a little difficult to keep up. Brighton are back on track. Somebody will always come up from the pack and challenge you, what you've got to do is get back to the old boring two points per game again. You won't have to worry about that then.

You mentioned anxiety; do you think there is anxiety in the team?

There's always anxiety when you want to go out and win a game of football, you don't get to where you want to get. What you must do is not get frustrated with it, be patient, use your abilities and superior skills to overcome the opposition and the way they're trying to frustrate you. You do that by taking your chances if and when they come along - and what we aint good at is taking our chances.

If we'd have had [Ricky] Lambert in our team we’d have won the Championship already. We haven't got one person with ten goals yet, that's the key element missing. We're second in the league without anybody scoring ten so that's a magnificent achievement from some of the squad in terms of the lack of goal efficiency that we knew we'd have to show - and we haven't shown that.

We've added extra players to [solve that issue]; Vaz Te's got two now so hopefully he'll go on. If you look at Vaz Te's record he is the man for us this year because that's 16 for this season. He came to us having scored 14 for Barnsley and he's scored two for us now. We could have done with him at the start of the season, couldn't we? [laughs]

It'll be a similar sort of test for you on Saturday?

No. No, I'm expecting us to be brave enough, produce our best performance and win. It'll not be easy, it's never easy to win a game of football; Doncaster won 2-1 at Nottingham Forest last night and will get a massive confidence boost from it. We know we've got to play at our best - or as near to our best - and the result will look after itself.

Thank you...
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:20 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:21 pm