West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
JamesC
Johnny K
Campo
Geezer
Jiggs
Tony P
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Admin
13 posters

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

This is not enjoyable to watch. Chimbonda has acres of space on the right and he crosses low for Diouf. He shoots first-time but Green makes a fantastic save. Diouf's corner is high and Green makes the catch.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:49 pm

2 mins left and we aint got a scooby
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

COME ON WEST HAM FFS
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 10 Mar 2012, 4:56 pm

no excuses.. players and manager not finguck good enough
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

That's it. I'm done with football for today.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

Really really disappointed with this result , played them off the park in the 1st half and then went to sleep in the 2nd , just dont get it . Seemed like Fatfucksam was happy with a draw taking off a midfield player for a defender . Joint 2nd with Reading beating them on goal dif . What a bloody joke . How can you defend this result , two home draws in the space of a few day against shit clubs , now for Lids away . O my god , we are doomed . Still be a nice day out at Wemberly , aint been to the new gaff
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

Just got back however found every dick head driver on the way home.

Very frustrated and have decided I won't be going to the next home game.

Must be a way I can get my money back because I paid to see football not this shit serve up in the later first half and the second half.

I think you all now need to realise this lot are not going up.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:12 pm

Care to elaborate Charlie ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

Utter, utter clueless garbage. Once Vaz Te went off injured we had absolutely NO creativity on the pitch whatsoever. No pace, no guile, no shots, no clue

Play-offs for us I am afraid Sad
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

Why did he take off Nolan Tone ?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

With 11 games to go I can see us finguck it up , If we dont go up then we can say bye to Green,Tomkins,Noble....bascily most of the squad will leave Sad Evil or Very Mad

How the fcuk can we draw to doncaster after winning 1-0
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

Tony P wrote:Utter, utter clueless garbage. Once Vaz Te went off injured we had absolutely NO creativity on the pitch whatsoever. No pace, no guile, no shots, no clue

Iam hoping the fans booed the team ?
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 10 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Don't know Arran, I had already gone before the end.

Should have been 4 up after 8 minutes and afte Vas Te went off we just started to give the ball away.
    Doncaster started to gain in confidence and realised they could pass the ball about and started to catch us out at the back. You could see their goal coming 10 minutes before they scored. Only Green had a good game for us. I cannot remember their keeper making a save in the secone half.

Can't put my finger on why so many of our players are so poor.

Still pissed off about this.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

It's not over yet. We can come back. Believe in the fat one!

Please tell all you know to stop booing our own players and staff. It is only making them play worse (if possible).
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Nothing to say apart from this is shite, good niht folks 😠
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:56 pm

IronDane wrote:It's not over yet. We can come back. Believe in the fat one!

Please tell all you know to stop booing our own players and staff. It is only making them play worse (if possible).

Fans don't boo - idiots do.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

Admin wrote:Why did he take off Nolan Tone ?

Not sure why it was Nolan and not the (yet again) inffective Collison dude? He brought Collins on at left back so that he could move Taylor to left midfield....and we went 4-4-2
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

Arran H wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Utter, utter clueless garbage. Once Vaz Te went off injured we had absolutely NO creativity on the pitch whatsoever. No pace, no guile, no shots, no clue

Iam hoping the fans booed the team ?

There were lots of boos at the end of the game Arran
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

Big Sam after the game

Sam: Dean Saunders described the first fifteen minutes as a battering. What happened for the last hour (or so)?

Well, we didn't finish the opposition off when we had the opportunity - via maybe a refereeing decision or two.

Vaz Te's goal in the first few seconds, I didn't think that was a foul. A penalty on the hand ball; Carlton Cole hit the bar; Nobby Nolan scores. And then the big turning point for me was Vaz Te going off injured, that stopped our biggest and most dangerous threat against the opposition and we lost our fluency going forward in terms of attacking.

Finally, I wouldn't say it was a struggle but we weren't as good as we should have been and I think in the end, like always, you could always slip [up] and if you slip [up] they might score. At 1-0 I'd have liked the players to have seen it out, but they didn't.

We made our substitutions when we felt it was the right time and then got the golden chance to win the game right at the very end - and missed it.

It's not the end of the world. It's disappointing because it's happened three times now - I don't count the draw against Southampton because that was like a win with ten men after 15/20 minutes, that almost felt like a win on the night, a fantastic performance. I didn't expect it, but it's here.

If we had won two out of three at home and we drew three away we wouldn't be moaning. But because we've won two away and drawn today at home, we are moaning. It's always in reverse of what you want - I'd much prefer to win two and draw one at home and draw three away - but we haven't, we've done it in reverse!

So we're disappointed but we've got to stay patient, keep our nerve and not get too anxious or panic. That then will hopefully get us over this little blip we've had and [we can] move forward and get a victory next time out at Upton Park.

You mentioned substitutions there; you took Nolan off, was that a tactical switch?

Tactical and [because he was] tired. He played at Cardiff and then again on Wednesday. Those who played the whole game on Wednesday - because you've got to remember that Doncaster played [on] Tuesday night, not Wednesday - we wanted fresher legs on, if you like.

And then we changed of system because we wanted to try and win the game. We wanted to put the two up top and Jack hadn't played on Wednesday. It gave us the opportunity to win it when we changed it, but we didn't win it with Jack's chance. But there we go.

[El Hadji] Diouf's a player you know very well, he caused you a few problems today, didn't he?

He's a Premier League player, you know. You've got a Premier League player playing in the Championship via his unfortunate reputation. That's why he's playing at Doncaster and not in the Premier League because of his reputation - not his footballing ability - his reputation isn't allowing him to play there.

What was the matter with Vaz Te?

Hamstring.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 11 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Sam says

West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce insists the turning point in their disappointing draw with Doncaster Rovers was the injury to Ricardo Vaz Te.

The Hammers led after an early Kevin Nolan goal and were well on top but Vaz Te went off with a hamstring injury during the first half. Doncaster fought back as the Irons drew their fourth consecutive home game.

Allardyce said: "The big changing point for me was Vaz Te went off injured and that stopped our biggest and most dangerous threat against the opposition.

"We lost our fluency going forward in terms of attacking and found it, I wouldn't say a struggle, but not as good as we should have been. In the end you can always give the opposition a slip and if you slip and they might score.

"I would have liked the players to have seen it out but they didn't."

So we have to rely on one player now with the name of Vaz Te , a one man army so to speak , what about the other ten and I thought we played better with ten men
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

It would appear that Vaz Te is the only one that looks like creating anything or scoring Tony, the only one that will have a go from distance and only miss by inches.

He's been playing for us just 5 weeks and has already had the ball in the net 3 times (ok, one was disallowed, but that was debatable)

I hope he is back soon.....He could just be our saviour Smile

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:40 am

He's pulled a ham string Jiggs , what's the healing time for that , can't see him back soon Sad
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:51 am

^^this^^ Sad
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

A women of many words Suz , then again after Sat I totally agree , what can you say

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 7:36 am