West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
Jiggs
SemiOldIron
Charlie Ham
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
mottinghammer
Sir Ian
Kray JR
Admin
13 posters

West Ham United FC v Crewe

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Crewe - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Crewe

Post  Campo Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:05 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:matt taylor off and Fanimo on (whoever he is??)

Sounds like something you would use to keep the nether regions in trim.....

cheesey grin
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

Sir Ian wrote:for me and others who dont know who he is......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now there's something to fire the imagination, a pubic lawnmower firing on all cylinders..... Very Happy

Poor lad, bet he had a rotten time at school.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

He was in Green Street, the fillum with the hobbit bloke in.

I hasten to add I only watched the film whilst in hospital, paralysed one side and dropped the remote. I was off my nut on a concoction of drugs too; but distinctly saw FannyFlymo's name in the credits.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm

pmsl @ Semi...

This is his first season as a full time professional.

It sounds like he's quite nippy on the break scarf
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:17 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:for me and others who dont know who he is......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now there's something to fire the imagination, a pubic lawnmower firing on all cylinders..... Very Happy

Poor lad, bet he had a rotten time at school.

His lesbian sister on the other hand.....
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm

hall on for vaz te
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:29 pm

moncur on for nolan that means there are 6 players from the academy (including o'neil who started here) on the pitch now Smile
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

Sir Ian wrote:moncur on for nolan that means there are 6 players from the academy (including o'neil who started here) on the pitch now Smile

Like the days of Sears, Hines and Stanislas... it all seemed so rosey!!!
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

all over 2-0 to the cockney boys Smile
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:43 pm

Fank gawd...... tramp

Nite nite all.....laters West Ham United FC v Crewe - Page 2 86123369
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:50 pm

twist

WH Flag

cheesey grin
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:53 pm

Jiggs wrote:Fank gawd...... tramp

Nite nite all.....laters West Ham United FC v Crewe - Page 2 86123369
    g night darlin Smile
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:57 pm

clap good evening all
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:02 pm

Job done, onwards and upwards!

More cannon fodder in the next round , please! WH Flag
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:30 pm

Ahhh,
    Samuel Alladyce,
    just as I predicted,
    A season of Samba Football and positive results,
    never in doubt
    scarf
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:07 pm

Sir Ian wrote:moncur on for nolan that means there are 6 players from the academy (including o'neil who started here) on the pitch now Smile

Where did you get that one from? Was he at our creche?! Smile
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:45 am

Tony P wrote:

sure he said it when we signed him, he was a youth with us for a while but never made the grade and went elsewhere.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 29 Aug 2012, 5:27 am

I didn't hear or see the game last night but I found this report on C&B in my blood , does this sum things up ?

Newbies and Youngsters Dispatch Crewe
    That was a breath of fresh air in more ways than one.  It may have "only" been the League Cup (no advertising for loan-sharks here), but Crewe were a good test for a West Ham team made up of new recruits, academy prospects and under-utilized players with potential. 

And, by and large, most of the ten replacements for the players who slumped to defeat at Swansea last weekend were excellent.  Firstly, the team played less long-ball stuff; instead, many times they built from within their own half and a passed it on the deck forward; secondly, the movement off the ball was intelligent and allowed for some fine passing moves.  Many of the new faces this evening, Maiga, Diarra, Hall, and Potts looked very comfortable on the ball.  It was an odd line up though, with Potts and O'Brien used as CB's.  Spence showed that in a pinch, he is good cover for Demel, and seemed to have a good understanding with O'Neill.  Taylor on the other hand was really just there.  He didn't do too much and, just like against Villa, he looked relatively anonymous.  Diarra's favourite spot is defensive midfielder, and that was evident tonight.  Apart from a blunder which, on a different day with a different ref, could have ended in a penalty, he was magnificent.  I would really like to see him with Diame sitting in front of the back four this weekend against Fulham.  Nolan will continue to divide supporters; while he scores goals and bosses the psychology of the field, he will be tolerated, but too many lacklustre performances like tonight and last weekend, and I think we will start to hear some grumbles.  Against Swansea he was out paced and slow, and again tonight, he was off the pace - half a yard behind the action.  Perhaps it's the recent injury to the toe that has reduced his fitness.  Lets hope he was included tonight in order to give him more match time and get that stamina back, and not because of his history with Sam.

I thought Vaz-te, Maiga and Maynard played intuitively together, with many nice moves, one of which lead to Maynard's goal.  I think Cole plays an important, if under-appreciated role for the club, but these three really have to have the chance to be let loose at home more often together.  Like Diame, Maiga seems to have a great engine and showed great confidence; Maynard is starting to show some nice technique and I think he just needs more frequent run-outs: we don't want to see him sold like Baldock was without first having given him a damn good crack for a season!  Vaz te too is a confidence player - and with the ball played for the majority on the deck tonight, he came into his own.  Rob Hall showed real - real - potential. Fanimo and Moncur got run outs later on too.

So well done to Allardyce and McDonald for giving the new recruits, fringes and boys a try.  Can we now please see them given some first team chances too? If Sam puts his money where his mouth is, then against Fulham we should see Diarra partnering Diame ahead of the back four.  We should see Maiga, Vaz Te and Maynard start, with Noble, Cole, Taylor and perhaps Nolan (unlikely I agree), on the bench.  Add Jarvis into the mix, and I think you have a creative, flowing and free playing team who, given time, will score at will.  

All in all, a good result.  I would have preferred 3 points, but we get that chance on Saturday.   

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:22 am

Sir Ian wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

sure he said it when we signed him, he was a youth with us for a while but never made the grade and went elsewhere.

Not heard that one Sire. He went to Portsmouth when he was 16. Maybe he was with us beforehand, but I don't think so
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:17 am

A 2-0 win over Crewe 3scared
    woohoo
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:40 am

Tony P wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Not heard that one Sire. He went to Portsmouth when he was 16. Maybe he was with us beforehand, but I don't think so

I read the returns to West Ham quotes when he signed as well dude.

Any thoughts on the pitch ? Read a tweet that somebody said the pitch was a state In the goal mouths and chicken run side ?
    Could have been a disgruntled Crewe fan tweeting though.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Ahhh,
    Samuel Alladyce,
    just as I predicted,
    A season of Samba Football and positive results,
    never in doubt
    scarf

cheesey grin

Last night, allegedly, the kids
    "built from within their own half and passed it on the deck forward; secondly, the movement off the ball was intelligent and allowed for some fine passing moves"
    This should please you for the future HH? Unless Allerdyce gets his mitts on them that is Wink

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

I just noticed that Paolo's boys knocked out Stoke - at Stoke! clap

Surely it's never, ever been such fun to be a Swindon supporter?! Look after him down there, some of us still dream of the Second Coming...

I'm hoping we don't draw them tomorrow - it would be embarassing to lose, and I think I'd be a bit sad if we won.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Wed 29 Aug 2012, 5:04 pm

O'Neil was with us at 13/14: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Re last night, I was impressed with the link-up of Maiga and Vaz Te. Maynard worked particularly hard too - such a shame that, again (a la Baldock), a natural goalscorer is forced to play wide of a front three. At times, he was stuck on the right touchline - when he ventured inside, he scored, with a very good finish too. Vaz Te put a decent amount of effort in too, often coming deep to pick up the ball from the defence and midfield.

Nolan gave the ball away for fun in the first half, while Matty Taylor's deliveries from set-pieces caused problems, as always. O'Neil and O'Brien had solid games. Spence looked good and came close with a couple of headers from corners - he offered an outlet going forward from right-back but his crossing was often very poor. Potts had a decent game at centre-back too. Diarra looked like he will be a decent addition with some more game time. Henderson didn't throw the ball in his net so looked an improvement on Jaaskelainen.

Fanimo had an excellent run and cross seconds after coming on that Maiga really should have converted. Hall looked excellent when he came on and we really should look to get him involved next in the first-team picture. Moncur was on for too short a time to stamp his mark on proceedings.

All in all, very pleasing. Good to see the youngsters, good to see a clean sheet and relatively few problems in securing the victory.

For Saturday, I would like to see Henderson, Taylor, Diarra, Maiga and Maynard given a starting role in place of (from the Swansea game) Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Tomkins, Diame and Cole. Henderson has earned his chance and Jussi has hardly merited keeping his place; I am a big fan of McCartney but feel we should look to be an attacking threat in home games against opposition such as Fulham and Taylor can offer that outlet from left-back and also needs accomodating for his fantastic delivery on set-pieces; Diarra should start to allow Nolan to get closer to the central striker; and I'm a big believer in keeping players in the side if they're scoring goals, which The Mod and Maynard did last night.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:38 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

I read the returns to West Ham quotes when he signed as well dude.

Any thoughts on the pitch ? Read a tweet that somebody said the pitch was a state In the goal mouths and chicken run side ?
    Could have been a disgruntled Crewe fan tweeting though.

No. They are correct. Not sure what has happened as it was not like that at the Villa game. It looked scorched on the east side, towards the BM stand. Looked like a strange rectangular version of crop circles ! Didn't notice the goalmouths

As for the game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was played at a great pace and both teams looked to play the ball on the ground as much as possible. I must say the way Sam set up our back four surprised me. Spence who started his career as a centre back was at right back. O'Brien who has mainly played for us at right back was at centre back. Dan Potts who is a left back played at centre back too. Taylor was at left back. Spence was good going forward; using his pace and athleticism but got caught out of position far too often, resulting in two desperate fouls in quick succession which earned him a yellow card. O'Brien and Potts looked solid at centre back. It was like deja vu watching a "Potts" at centre back after seeing his father play there for so many years ! Taylor did not look out of place at left back, but let's not forget we were playing a League One side!

Nolan lumbered around giving the ball away and was causing many moans and groans in the ground. O'Neil was quietly efficient and did exactly the same as Noble does. Diarra got stuck in and looks a good player. Our front three were lively all night. Lots of pace. In particular RVT and Miaga seemed to link up very well. It was their one-two that resulted in RVT crossing for Maynard to volley in our opener. Some of our approach play was excellent. Maynard worked his socks off and was clearly out to impress. RVT started slowly - his shooting in particular was woeful - but started to come inside more and was very positive. Maiga looks a class act. Held the ball up brilliantly and is seriously quick. Following a quick free kick from Taylor, Nolan hit a left foot shot at goal. The keeper should really have held it but he spilled it. Maiga was the quickest player to react and slotted the ball home

I have to say that I was not impressed with Henderson. He flapped at one cross and doesn't look at all comfortable with the ball at his feet. It looks to me that we have TWO keepers who are not good enough at PL level.

Taylor (apart from his dead ball deliveries) was rarely in the game. I certainly would not want him at left back ahead of McCartney. He simply cannot defend or head a ball

I would certainly like to see Maiga start ahead of Cole on Saturday. With RVT and Jarvis flanking him that is a potent front three IMO. It is harsh on Maynard but it is not his natural position. Bring in Diame and Diarra in front of the back four, allowing Nolan to play in the hole. It would mean Noble starting from the bench. I would play Tomkins and Collins at centre back. McCartney at left back and Demel at right back

It was good to see so many of our Academy products on the pitch at the end. Fanimo came on for Taylor and slotted in at left back. He (Fanimo) is tiny and looked about 12 years old! He nearly made an instant hero of himself by having a run and cross within a minute of coming on. Maiga really should have scored. Hall came on for RVT and was very positive in everything he did. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops. He looks a real talent. Moncur came on for Nolan with about 5 or 6 mins to go. Looked nervous and didn't really have time to get into the game

All in all, it was a very enjoyable game which left me thinking that (despite the opposition) our back up players are motivated and can come in if necessary

MoM: A toss-up between Maynard and Maiga. Both excellent

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:40 pm