West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
SemiOldIron
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Johnny K
westhamonkey
IronDane
Blakey
Campo
11 posters

Carroll confirmed

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Carroll confirmed Empty Carroll confirmed

Post  Campo Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

clap clap clap

Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Carroll confirmed Empty Re: Carroll confirmed

Post  Blakey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

Hammers net Carroll

West Ham United have signed England international Andy Carroll on loan from Liverpool

Carroll confirmed 0,,12562~11174019,00

West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of England striker Andy Carroll on a season-long loan deal.

The 23-year-old has moved to the Boleyn Ground from Liverpool for the remainder of the 2012/13 Barclays Premier League campaign, with the Hammers having the option to complete a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee next summer.

Carroll, a powerful forward who is an outstanding header of the ball and blessed with superb technical ability, led the line for his country at EURO 2012 and has been named in the England squad for the upcoming 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers with Moldova and Ukraine.

The signing of Carroll, who became the most-expensive English footballer in history when he joined Liverpool from Newcastle United for a reported fee of £35m in January 2011, represents a huge statement of the Board's intentions to make West Ham a force to be reckoned with in the Barclays Premier League.

The Gateshead-born frontman, who could make his Hammers debut in Saturday's home fixture with Fulham, has expressed his happiness at completing a move that sees him reunited with his former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce and captain Kevin Nolan.

"It's great to be here at West Ham and all signed up - I just can't wait to get started now," Carroll said. "I want to be playing games and obviously hoping to score some goals. I know the manager well and some of the lads, so it is nice for me to come to a place where I know people.

"I'm hoping to add a lot of goals and create a few chances. I know Sam from Newcastle and he was a massive reason for me coming. When I worked with him at Newcastle it was great so it was a no-brainer really."

His new manager was understandably pleased to welcome Carroll to east London.

He said: "I think for all parties this is a great signing. Andy is an all-round footballer, but because he is 6'3" and one of his strengths is his aerial power, everybody dismisses the ability he possesses on the floor.

"Hopefully he can score goals for us and we will be in a very good position at the end of the year in the Barclays Premier League."

Carroll burst into the Newcastle first-team at the age of 17, making his first-team debut as a replacement for future Hammer Nolberto Solano in a UEFA Cup victory over Palermo on 2 November 2006 - an appearance that made him the youngest-ever player to represent Newcastle in Europe.

After scoring his maiden first-team goal past FIFA World Cup winner Gianluigi Buffon in a friendly win over Juventus in July 2007, Carroll embarked on a six-month loan spell with Championship side Preston North End.

On his return to St James' Park, the centre forward forced his way into the Magpies starting XI, scoring on his full home debut with a towering header against West Ham in a 2-2 Premier League draw on 10 January 2009.

The 2009/10 season saw Carroll come into his own as he combined with Nolan to shoot Newcastle to the Championship title and promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt. The striker finished the campaign as the club's top scorer with 19 goals in all competitions and be voted into the Championship Team of the Year.

At the start of 2010/11, he then took the top-flight by storm, netting a hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Aston Villa and eleven goals in just 19 league appearances before completing his record-breaking move to Anfield.

Last season, Carroll collected a League Cup winner's medal as Liverpool beat Cardiff City before returning to Wembley to score the winning goal against Everton to take the Reds into the FA Cup final.

Carroll's performances for Newcastle earned him a senior England debut in a friendly international with France on 17 November 2010. His first senior international goal arrived in a friendly with Ghana at Wembley on 29 March 2011.

The striker's all-round ability saw him named in England's squad for the 2012 UEFA European Championship finals, where he impressed by scoring a trademark header in a group-stage victory over Sweden.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:57 pm

O M F G I can't believe it ! Soooooooo well done.. And on a loan deal jawdrop

Bow

clap

Bear
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

the commentators even mentioned it on the comms for the Pool/Hearts game...

it's a done deal...

gonna have to get my arse up early on saturday to watch the game... will he play?

sub or straight into the line-up?

Last edited by westhamonkey on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:59 pm

I'm off to Sweden to watch my son play on saturday so I'm going to miss it. Bloody typical!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:00 pm

Hoo-finguck-rray!!

Great deal for us £1m a season for a current international BORN to play Sam's way. WAY beyond anything we could have hoped for. Yes, of course he wanted to stay at Liverpool and prove himself; why would anyone expect anything less?? But he is here now and has a manager who knows him and a captain who knows him also.

A no-brainer really and whatever the wages we are paying, look at the actual capital outlay. finguck brilliant business by the Daves.

Happy Hammer.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

Can't believe we got both Jarvis AND Carroll jawdrop Birmingham fans can just stfu now Very Happy
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:03 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Hoo-finguck-rray!!

Great deal for us £1m a season for a current international BORN to play Sam's way. WAY beyond anything we could have hoped for. Yes, of course he wanted to stay at Liverpool and prove himself; why would anyone expect anything less?? But he is here now and has a manager who knows him and a captain who knows him also.

A no-brainer really and whatever the wages we are paying, look at the actual capital outlay. finguck brilliant business by the Daves.

Happy Hammer.

agree

we will be paying £3K less a week for a top player than we did for Dyer .. that is progress
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

Hell's bells! I thought all the talk about Carrol was just a bit of posturing by the club TBH. I'm happy that it's a loan, if he does turn out to have a plonk problem as rumoured then we have an exit.
    There we are then, last gasps of the window and we get a viable new strike force just like that, you have to take your hat off to GAS and BFS, they really do know how this business works. clap scarf
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:03 am

jawdrop A Massive well done to BFS and the two DAVIDS !!! What a signing he could turn out to be for us this season , I wonder if we will lose any players today on deadline day ??? Hope not , So who starts against fulham - Cole or Carroll ? I would atart Cole to see he if he has any response to this signing and then bring on Carroll for the last half or so scarf

Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Fri 31 Aug 2012, 7:34 am

I feel much better about the season now. Hopefully he nets a few goals and earns that salary. Then he will be worth every penny.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:18 am

heart scarf woohoo scarf heart
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:44 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:Hell's bells! I thought all the talk about Carrol was just a bit of posturing by the club TBH. I'm happy that it's a loan, if he does turn out to have a plonk problem as rumoured then we have an exit.
    There we are then, last gasps of the window and we get a viable new strike force just like that, you have to take your hat off to GAS and BFS, they really do know how this business works. clap scarf

Well said...it's fantastic news, chuffed to bits when my brother text to confirm it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:33 pm