West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
SemiOldIron
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Kray JR
westhamonkey
Nicki
Chas Hammer
mottinghammer
Jiggs
Suzanne Claret
Campo
Arran H
Admin
17 posters

Norwich v West Ham United FC

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Norwich v West Ham United FC - Page 4 Empty Re: Norwich v West Ham United FC

Post  Kray JR Thu 20 Sep 2012, 7:56 pm

Agreed the service was finguck woeful, but if you are a striker and not getting any service would you not drop a bit deeper and try to make something happen ?

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:18 pm

Kray JR wrote:Agreed the service was finguck woeful, but if you are a striker and not getting any service would you not drop a bit deeper and try to make something happen ?

Or win a couple of headers? Or keep control of the ball? Or make runs into the channels to drag your marker away from the centre of the pitch? No. Better to be static and rely on "service"
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

fact is cole is very marmite, i like him and i think he is under rated and does a lot more than people give him credit for, others disagree, that's footie i guess Smile
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 20 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

Sir Ian wrote:fact is cole is very marmite, i like him and i think he is under rated and does a lot more than people give him credit for, others disagree, that's footie i guess Smile

I'm firmly in your camp on this mate.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 20 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Could be that Vaz Te and Taylor thought there would be more chance crossing to Carroll against Fulham, but seeing Cole there instead, decided the best chance was to have a go themselves? confu
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

Jiggs wrote:Could be that Vaz Te and Taylor thought there would be more chance crossing to Carroll against Fulham, but seeing Cole there instead, decided the best chance was to have a go themselves? confu

I made a similar assumption earlier. When the ball was hit up to Carroll the midfield players made sure they got up with him ready for a flick-on or a lay-off. It seems to me that when similar balls are played up to CC there seems to be an acceptance that to get up around him is "pointless" or may result in a loss of possession and a chance of being left short of players behind the ball. I could be wrong but it is one explanation
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:09 am

Dan C wrote:
    Sir Ian wrote:fact is cole is very marmite, i like him and i think he is under rated and does a lot more than people give him credit for, others disagree, that's footie i guess Smile

I'm firmly in your camp on this mate.

I too think he is a little underated.
    Can do a lot better then his last showing.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 22 Sep 2012, 2:33 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Could be that Vaz Te and Taylor thought there would be more chance crossing to Carroll against Fulham, but seeing Cole there instead, decided the best chance was to have a go themselves? confu

I made a similar assumption earlier. When the ball was hit up to Carroll the midfield players made sure they got up with him ready for a flick-on or a lay-off. It seems to me that when similar balls are played up to CC there seems to be an acceptance that to get up around him is "pointless" or may result in a loss of possession and a chance of being left short of players behind the ball. I could be wrong but it is one explanation

Norwich v West Ham United FC - Page 4 Givemefivejpg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:54 am