West Ham Cockney Boys

West Ham United FC v Arsenal

SemiOldIron
    Academy

Re: West Ham United FC v Arsenal

Post  SemiOldIron on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:24 pm

Admin wrote:I,m sure D&D Sam have a plan just in case Carroll gets recalled to the bin dippers

As long as it's not Kevin Davies........ Evil or Very Mad
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:24 pm

Tony P wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:Having reflected on it, I'm not too disgruntled - I would have been pleasantly surprised to have got even a point from this fixture. We didn't roll over and die, and we are now a pretty tough prospect for even the top clubs. The win against the Parkkeepers was far more important IMO.
    Regarding Collins, it's undeniable that some mistakes have cost us dear, but I think BFS will persevere with him just because of his experience. I don't think a Reid/Tomkins partnership is strong enough at the moment for the PL, unless we are forced into it.
    My current biggest worry is what we are going to do when Carroll is dragged back to Mouserland in January. We are so much better all round when he plays, and I can't see where the hell we can get a halfway-decent replacement to do that job properly. I laughed when we tried to get Holt, but it doesn't seem quite so funny now...

surely that should read IF not WHEN...no guarentee Liverpool will want him back and Carroll might turn around to rodgers and say "fupp u, I like it down here where the fans respect me and the manager plays me". WH Flag

He can say or think what he wants, if his employer wants him to return to Anfield he will have no choice, sadly

To an extent yes, and certainly in the 'real world'. However history has shown that once a footballer wants to move they nearly always do. It's just not worth keeping them if they won't to leave, they won't play as well and will disrupt the dressing room.

It could well be that Rodgers would rather the money for Carroll and we sort a per enact deal out in jan so Rodgers can go and sign a his type of player and we get Carroll permenantly.

These happy pills are good Smile
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:Having reflected on it, I'm not too disgruntled - I would have been pleasantly surprised to have got even a point from this fixture. We didn't roll over and die, and we are now a pretty tough prospect for even the top clubs. The win against the Parkkeepers was far more important IMO.
    Regarding Collins, it's undeniable that some mistakes have cost us dear, but I think BFS will persevere with him just because of his experience. I don't think a Reid/Tomkins partnership is strong enough at the moment for the PL, unless we are forced into it.
    My current biggest worry is what we are going to do when Carroll is dragged back to Mouserland in January. We are so much better all round when he plays, and I can't see where the hell we can get a halfway-decent replacement to do that job properly. I laughed when we tried to get Holt, but it doesn't seem quite so funny now...

surely that should read IF not WHEN...no guarentee Liverpool will want him back and Carroll might turn around to rodgers and say "fupp u, I like it down here where the fans respect me and the manager plays me". WH Flag

He can say or think what he wants, if his employer wants him to return to Anfield he will have no choice, sadly

To an extent yes, and certainly in the 'real world'. However history has shown that once a footballer wants to move they nearly always do. It's just not worth keeping them if they won't to leave, they won't play as well and will disrupt the dressing room.

It could well be that Rodgers would rather the money for Carroll and we sort a per enact deal out in jan so Rodgers can go and sign a his type of player and we get Carroll permenantly.

These happy pills are good Smile

The deal to sign him is for the end of the season "provided ALL parties agree". Carroll didn't want to leave Liverpool to come to us on loan and wanted to stay and fight for his place to prove himself. It was only when Rogers told him that he may not even make the bench that he agreed to join us. So should Rogers give him assurances that he will at least be in the first team squad for matches then he may well go back
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

I'm sure Carroll would have been in the first team SQUAD at Liverpool had he stayed there instead of joining us...I think Carroll, commendably, want5s more from his football career then that...he enjoys being out on the pitch and seems to enjoy representing England (needing regular first team football somewhere to be selected by woy). Unless Rodgers offers him regular playing time I really dont think Carroll will want to go back there. I also dont think the mousers fans are too fussed about having Carroll at their club, they would probably be happy enough with him being sold for a fair whack of money and a good replacement found.

Just my opinions. hatsoff
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I'm sure Carroll would have been in the first team SQUAD at Liverpool had he stayed there instead of joining us...I think Carroll, commendably, want5s more from his football career then that...he enjoys being out on the pitch and seems to enjoy representing England (needing regular first team football somewhere to be selected by woy). Unless Rodgers offers him regular playing time I really dont think Carroll will want to go back there. I also dont think the mousers fans are too fussed about having Carroll at their club, they would probably be happy enough with him being sold for a fair whack of money and a good replacement found.

You are letting your opinions get in the way of facts Alfie. Rogers told him he would NOT even be making the bench had he stayed at Liverpool and may not have even have been named in the 25 man PL squad
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

Rodgers would look a right prick if he recalled AC in january
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:28 pm

Admin wrote:Rodgers would look a right prick if he recalled AC in january

Yep! Let's hope he doesn't do it eh?

Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:10 pm

Followed liverpool for most of last season and always rated Carroll, but also suspected that he was either lacking fitness or was prone to injury. Better half is a Scouser.
    Now we have him I am worried on 2 counts.

1 - he does well in England and they take him back at the new year, and 2 - he gets injured during his England stint and we get stuck with his wages while we carry him. I hope we get to keep him and he features regularly in the first team but I still have this feeling of doom. What makes it worse is that fat sam built the team around Carroll. Just food for thought
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

Tony P wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:I'm sure Carroll would have been in the first team SQUAD at Liverpool had he stayed there instead of joining us...I think Carroll, commendably, want5s more from his football career then that...he enjoys being out on the pitch and seems to enjoy representing England (needing regular first team football somewhere to be selected by woy). Unless Rodgers offers him regular playing time I really dont think Carroll will want to go back there. I also dont think the mousers fans are too fussed about having Carroll at their club, they would probably be happy enough with him being sold for a fair whack of money and a good replacement found.

You are letting your opinions get in the way of facts Alfie. Rogers told him he would NOT even be making the bench had he stayed at Liverpool and may not have even have been named in the 25 man PL squad

He may have said that but if you want to deal in facts, carroll was a used substitute against west brom and man city. I simply dont think if carroll was still at anfield he'd be out of the squad and training with the youth team. Thats a punishment reserved for the truly shit or badly behaved and he is neither. Rodgers said it to get carroll off the wages and give him a push towards UP. And carroll to his credit didn't wanna just sit on the bench and pick up his wages, he wanted to come here and play football. Which is why i think he wont want to go back to anfield and will be staying here or another premiership team one day. FACTS are however when carroll was there he was used as a sub player.

Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:28 pm

Having been with an ardent liverpool fan, who is erudite with every player and manager over the last 50 decades, and also in touch with many old buddies from the cop end, I am reasonably certain that the fans would love to see Carroll back in a red jersey asap. As a Hammer I would love to see him fit and playing 90 mins full out for us. Somehow I get the impression that if he survives playing for England and us without injury he will be recalled to Merseyland. Alternately if he suffers injury we will carry his salary. Of course this is alL conjecture.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:31 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

He may have said that but if you want to deal in facts, carroll was a used substitute against west brom and man city. I simply dont think if carroll was still at anfield he'd be out of the squad and training with the youth team. Thats a punishment reserved for the truly shit or badly behaved and he is neither. Rodgers said it to get carroll off the wages and give him a push towards UP. And carroll to his credit didn't wanna just sit on the bench and pick up his wages, he wanted to come here and play football. Which is why i think he wont want to go back to anfield and will be staying here or another premiership team one day. FACTS are however when carroll was there he was used as a sub player.

All of this happened BEFORE the transfer deadline which is also the date when clubs have to name their 25 man squad. He was told by Rogers that if he stayed beyond the end of August he was NOT in his plans and "may not even make the bench"

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 8:56 am

I think had Carroll stayed at Liverpool he would of been in the 25 squad but weather or not he would of played is a different story , How i see is : All the time he is playing here we have a top player who can score,hold the ball up,chase back etc for the team and liverpool are stuck with suarez a cheating diving bastard scarf
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:06 pm

Whereas our cheating diving bastard is now injured!
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:21 pm

Could be a blessing in disguise JDLK , Yossi now gets to earn his keep
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

No, Jussi the keep not Yossi.

You Swede's know nuffink.
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

Yossi is Jewish and Jussi is Finish , no Swedish there dude Laughing
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

Admin wrote:Yossi is Jewish and Jussi is Finish , no Swedish there dude Laughing

I may be wrong, but I believe finish and the fore-mentioned Swedish are nationalities wheres "jewish" is a religion . Long Leg
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

No, Finish is for a dishwasher. Finnish is a nationality though.
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Admin wrote:Yossi is Jewish and Jussi is Finish , no Swedish there dude Laughing

I may be wrong, but I believe finish and the fore-mentioned Swedish are nationalities wheres "jewish" is a religion . Long Leg

So sorry , maybe I should have said " Yossi is a Jewish name " and for JDLK " Jussi is a Finnish name "
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:08 pm

just yanking ya chain dude, im not normally a pedantic one normally, making more then my fair share of typos and basic errors hatsoff
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:06 am

No worries dude hatsoff

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:42 am