West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
SemiOldIron
IronDane
Dan C
alfiehammer
mottinghammer
Campo
Blakey
TaniaP
carrick
Charlie Ham
Tony P
Arran H
Admin
17 posters

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game )

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) Empty Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game )

Post  Admin Mon 14 Jan 2013, 4:28 pm

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) ManUvWHcup_zpsf11b550b

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Premier-League_2878969

Manchester United and West Ham meet in an FA Cup third round replay, with a home date against Fulham awaiting the victors.

There was to be no separating the two sides during an initial meeting at Upton Park, with Robin van Persie snatching a late leveller for United in a 2-2 draw.

The Red Devils take each competition they enter seriously, with Sir Alex Ferguson a coach who demands success, and they will be looking to go all the way to Wembley.

United have, however, gone six years since they last graced an FA Cup final, and nine since they last lifted the trophy.

West Ham will be determined to see that barren run stretched on Wednesday, with the Hammers looking to make their way into round four.

Sam Allardyce's injury-ravaged squad could do without the extra games, but fresh faces will be drafted in during the January transfer window to help manage the workload.

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 210 Man Utd

Wayne Rooney is set to return to the Manchester United starting line-up at Old Trafford.

Rooney has recovered from the knee injury he suffered in training on Christmas Day and is likely to be among a number of changes for the Red Devils.

Nani is fit again after spending two months out with a hamstring problem but Ashley Young (knee) and Johnny Evans (hamstring) both miss out. Nemanja Vidic (also knee) is expected to be fit, but may not be risked.

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 367 West Ham United FC

West Ham manager Allardyce has only three fit defenders to choose from, so may opt to change his system as Joey O'Brien (hamstring) and George McCartney (knee) are definitely out, but midfielder Mohamed Diame is available again.

Striker Marouane Chamakh is ineligible for the cup competition due to the terms of his loan from Arsenal, while Allardyce is still deciding how best to integrate new signing Wellington Paulista.

Andy Carroll continues to nurse a knee problem and fellow frontman Modibo Maiga is away at the Africa Cup of Nations with Mali.

Last edited by Admin on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) Empty Re: Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game )

Post  Admin Mon 14 Jan 2013, 4:45 pm

Found this somewhere

Slur Alex Ferguson faces the tricky prospect of facing a dangerous West Ham United side on Wednesday night in the FA Cup, knowing his side must travel to London to face Spurs on Sunday.

There is no doubt that Manchester United's priority this season is the Premier League, but Ferguson's jubilant reaction to Robin van Persie's equaliser against the Hammers in the original tie shows he still wants to do well in the FA Cup.

Ferguson has a delicate balancing act on his hands. He doesn't want to crash out of the FA Cup at the first stage, but he also wants to keep his players fresh for Sunday, particularly after a tough battle last weekend against old rivals Liverpool.

Jonny Evans (hamstring) and Nemanja Vidic (knee) are both carrying knocks and are unlikely to play, while Rio Ferdinand rarely plays three games in a week, so could well be rested for this Old Trafford cup replay. That means we may see the talented but inexperienced pairing of Chris Smalling and Phil Jones together at the back.

At left-back, Patrice Evra may well step aside to allow Alex Buttner to gain more first-team experience, while Rafael is likely to continue on the right.

With Ashley Young receiving treatment for a knee injury, Antonio Valencia is likely to get the nod on the right flank, with old hands Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes also getting a rare first-team start.

Up front, Robin van Persie may well start the game on the bench with Javier Hernandez paired alongside Danny Welbeck, who won man of the match against Liverpool.

Anderson, Nani and Wayne Rooney are all likely to be back in the squad after returning from injury, so you could see them playing at least some of the game. If Rooney can demonstrate his sharpness, he could get a start at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Ferguson will want to win this match, but he will feel that he can still achieve that without risking further injuries to his already fragile back-line, while also blooding those in need of some game minutes.

It's a risk and one West Ham might be able to capitalise on.

Got a feeling we are gonna go up there and give them a spanking
    Arran H
    Reserves

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) Empty Re: Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game )

Post  Arran H Mon 14 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

My line up and formation :
    Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 140113184338
    SUBS:Spiegel,Moncur,Vaz Te,C.Cole,Noble,Diarra,Demel

I would give Diame just over an hour on the pitch before taking him off for Noble
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm

Any players not registered when we played the original game cannot play Arran ie Paulista or Chamakh. Maiga is away at the African Cup of Nations

You really need to keep up!!

I would certainly not risk Diame. I would play Diarra Taylor and O'Neil

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 140113203647
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:49 pm

Tony P wrote:Any players not registered when we played the original game cannot play Arran ie Paulista or Chamakh. Maiga is away at the African Cup of Nations

You really need to keep up!!

I would certainly not risk Diame. I would play Diarra Taylor and O'Neil

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 140113203647

I wish we could rest one or both centre backs as well.
    carrick
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  carrick Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

I would go with this line up...

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 140113204957
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

Yep. I like the look of that line-up Carrick !
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

I'd have Messi on the bench.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:44 am

TaniaP wrote:I'd have Messi on the bench.

You get Messy in the Supps Club, let alone on the bench Wink
    carrick
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  carrick Tue 15 Jan 2013, 1:20 am

I had considered that Tania, had Vaz Te on the left. I just felt Messi would help out more defensively...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:43 am

I know i said in the first game that we needed a good show and to build confidence for the Sunderland game (well that worked didn't it doh )
    I would rest some key players for this one, QPR at the weekend has become and bit of a must win game now, they also will have an extra day recovery time.

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

Really need to concentrate on the QPR game.
    This one is now a bridge to far and the only thing that worries me is that it’s on the tele and could be very embarrassing.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

With you Charlie on the QPR game . Shame we did,nt win last time at home but shit happens , now all concentration should be on stuffing Arry,s mob good and proper , the league is more important to us at the mo
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

carrick wrote:I would go with this line up...

Man Utd v West Ham United FC ( cup game ) 140113204957

I don't know if some of them are ready to play in the West Ham first team, Messi? Fabrigas? Villa? hmmm when we have Cole x 2 and Vaz Te!! emot

(I think Messi scored more goals on his own in 2012 than West Ham United FC managed!)
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 15 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:Really need to concentrate on the QPR game.
    This one is now a bridge to far and the only thing that worries me is that it’s on the tele and could be very embarrassing.

stupid
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

As a stat attack, we haven't won an FA Cup third round replay, by my recollection since beating Farnborough Town 1-0 in 1992. Since then we've lost three FA Cup third round replays: to Wrexham (1997), Swansea (1999) and Man City (2008).
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

Dan C wrote:As a stat attack, we haven't won an FA Cup third round replay, by my recollection since beating Farnborough Town 1-0 in 1992. Since then we've lost three FA Cup third round replays: to Wrexham (1997), Swansea (1999) and Man City (2008).

Well it looks like that trend is going to continue Dan !!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:08 am

Dont ask me why but I just have this feeling that we may see a repeat of the Carling Cup Q/F result tonight scarf

Iam going to go 3-1 West Ham (C.Cole x2 and Nolan and Rooney for them )
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:12 am

I can see nothing but being on the wrong end of 3 or 4
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:36 am

Campo wrote:I can see nothing but being on the wrong end of 3 or 4

stupid
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

No injuries is a success tonight Smile
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 16 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

Admin wrote:Found this somewhere

Slur Alex Ferguson faces the tricky prospect of facing a dangerous West Ham United side on Wednesday night in the FA Cup, knowing his side must travel to London to face Spurs on Sunday.

Dangerous?!dangerous??!! clearly whoever penned this never watched that Sunderland game.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 16 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Not sure I want to watch tonight game.

Might give me nightmares. nailbiter
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

Really not feeling very confident about this one
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:49 pm

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Spence, Reid, Tomkins, Potts, Diarra, O'Neil, Diame, Taylor, Vaz Te, C.Cole

Manchester United: Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Valencia, Anderson, Smalling, Nani, Buttner, Rooney, Hernandez

West Ham United subs: Spiegel, Demel, Jarvis, Collison, Nolan, Lletget, Lee

Manchester United subs: Amos, Ferdinand, Carrick, Scholes, Van Persie, Kagawa, Welbeck

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:04 pm