West Ham Cockney Boys

Fulham v West Ham United FC

Arran H
    Reserves

Re: Fulham v West Ham United FC

Post  Arran H on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

I would expect us to get a similar result against them as we did at Upton Park earler on in the season !!
    I would go with 4-3-3/4-5-1 :
    Jussi,Pogatetz,Reid,Tomkins,Demel,Jarvis,Nolan,Diame,Noble,J.Cole,Chamakh
    SUBS:Henderson,O`Brien,Diarra,Collison,Vaz Te,Cole,O`Neil

I wouldnt risk Carroll at all tommorow night scarf

I`am going 3-0 Again (Nolan,Chamakh and Cole off the bench )
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

A view from the Oppo

Fulham currently lie 14th on 25 points - Are you happy with your season so far? What were your expectations at the start of the campaign?

Michael: I can't say that I'm happy about the season so far as we've not been beating the teams at home that we should. We've always relied on our home form so draws with Wigan and Southampton and losses to Swansea and Sunderland isn't really good enough. The Sunderland home game in November was really the start of our down turn in form. Since then we've been timid at best.

I'd have expected a top ten finish at the start of this season but losing Dembele and Dempsey in August didn't help and was always going to catch up with us at some point.

Liam: The season so far has been quite disappointing. I didn’t expect us to be so near to the bottom of table at this part of the season, my expectations for this season were a lot higher than usual, I had a really positive feeling before the season started, I was expecting our home form to be a lot stronger than it has been recently, and for us to be playing more attacking football.

What did you make of our encounter earlier in the season?

Michael: Quite simply we got bullied. Andy Carroll was fantastic and I didn't get why we left Berbatov on the bench for his first game. It was over as a contest by the time we brought him on.

Liam: It was a disappointing result for me as we lost quite heavily and I don't feel our result reflected in our performance.

Why do you support Fulham and what do the club mean to you?

Michael: I support Fulham because my Dad took me there as a kid and it's somewhere we've been going ever since. Probably like most die hard fans the reason I love my club is because in those minutes leading up to kick off you think to yourself 'there's nowhere else in the world I would rather be right now'.

Liam: I support Fulham for the atmosphere you get when you go to the Cottage, it was the first ground I ever went to as a child. It is such a friendly ground and they give so much to the young generation. Fulham is one of the most important things in my life as there is nothing better than going to the Cottage on a Saturday afternoon and watching a great game of football.

What song best describes your season?

Michael: 'Your support is fucking shit'.

Two reasons for this. One is that our away following isn't often that big probably due to our woeful away form but secondly, from a playing perspective the support offered to Berbatov, who undeniably is the focal point of our team, has been pretty useless, especially in recent weeks. Bryan Ruiz is the only other creative player we have and both he and Berbatov end up always coming too deep to affect the game in the final third. None of the midfielders move from their position and are so slow to join in attacks.

Liam: Stick your blue flag up your arse.

Who are your best and worst players?

Michae: Best - Berbatov and Ruiz. Hangeland hasn't been as consistent this season but has been immense for us over the last five years so he gets a nod too.

Worst - Rodallega and Richardson. To be fair to Richardson he's been ok at left back but when he plays midfield he hasn't got a creative idea in his head. I can see why Wigan weren't fussed about losing Rodallega on a free. He doesn't seem to have a football brain and has what can only be described as an English first touch.

Liam: My favourite players this season have to be Bryan Ruiz, Hangelaand, I have been disappointed with Risse as I havent yet witnessed one of his “Risse Rockets” but I’m sure it will come soon!

What do you make of West Ham this season?

Michael: Pretty solid which is what you want after a promotion. The players all work for each other at West Ham which is something to be admired and has led to you having a steady season. Comfortable mid-table is not to be sniffed at when you come up and can be built upon rather than needing radical changes. As much as some people don't like him, Allardyce has a great record at keeping teams in this league.

Liam: I have been quite impressed with West Ham this season, they have been really strong going forward and at the back, they have definitely surprised me as I didn't think they had what it takes to be a Premiership club so soon after getting promoted but they have really pulled it out the bag.

Which West Ham player would you like at Fulham?

Michael: We're lacking a Kevin Nolan type character at the moment. A leader who takes responsibility and holds the other players and himself accountable. Nolan's goal threat is also a big bonus. Although you're three in midfield formation frees him up to hit the box frequently it's still nice to see a midfielder with so much desire to score goals.

Liam: I would quite like to see Kevin Nolan at Fulham, I think he is a great player who is very underrated he seems to pull all the strings in the middle of the park for the hammers and I think there season would be a completely different story if it it wasn't for him.

What (if anything) annoys you about West Ham?

Michael: This probably isn't West Ham's fault so much but I always get the perception that a lot of sections of the media love West Ham for no apparent reason. There's always talk of West Ham's great tradition of attractive football like they're the only team to ever do it.

Liam: Nothing really annoys me about west ham I think they are a very respectable football club and they go about themselves in a very good manner.

And Finally, your prediction for the game.

Michael: I'll go for 1 - 1. West Ham are a bogey side for us.

Liam: 2-1 Fulham
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 3:53 pm

alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

Yip, a point today and three at Saturday against Swansea (we owe them a good beating) would get our season back on track. Once we get Carroll back to fitness with Cole and Jarvis supplying him and Nolan feeding off the knock downs we'll be flying again!
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

Going by the dip in this part of the season it does seem that Nolan needs AC back to start knocking them in again . We desperatly need all three points tonight to give them back their confidence .
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:21 pm

And to get us out of the shite we are falling into
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:52 pm

Swansea worry me far more than Fooham, the way they pinged the ball around last night at blunderland was nice to watch, had their front line been on form it could have been 4 - 0 at half time
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:12 pm

Agree Campo.....I'd rather we get three points tonight

COYI

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:15 pm

West Ham United starting XI: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid, Tomkins, O'Brien, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, J.Cole, Chamakh

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:22 pm

West Ham Jaaskelainen,Demel,Reid,Tomkins,O`Brien,Noble,Diame,Nolan,Jarvis,J.Cole,Chamakh
    West Ham SubsHenderson,Pogatetz,Taylor,O`Neil,Vaz Te,Carroll,C.Cole

Fulham Schwarzer,Riether,Hangeland,Senderous,Riise,Duff,Karagounis,Sidwell,Rodallega,Ruiz,Berbatov
    Fulham SubsEtheridge,Baird,Petric,Frimpong,Hughes,Dejagah,Davies

That is a strong looking line up for us with a just as strong bench IMO scarf

Iam still going to say 3-1 West Ham (Nolan,Chamakh and C.Cole and Berbatov for them)
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

As I said to Tony, I reckon thats just about our best starting 11 (except for Carroll) and an ambitious team for an away game too
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

C~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~IC~O~Y~I

Post  Campo on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:11 pm

asleep again at the start of the game .. this is getting to be beyond the joke
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:12 pm

0-1 absolutely shocking marking. There were 3 Fulham players who could have scored that goal. Yet again Jussi stays rooted to his line

We are dreadful - again - away from home

Edit - Berbatov was offside. Shit linesman. However, we still look awful
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:14 pm

Tell me about it...We should be trying something a little bit different now Sad

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

alfiehammer wrote:shame Carroll isn't back, he terrorized them last time. Their always a good team foolham and berbatov still a very decent striker on the day if he can be bothered so i'd be happy with a point here.

looks like he's having a bothered day
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:20 pm

Even though Berbatov was offside, nobody from our back four attacked the ball. We need Collins back or Pogatetz instead of Tomkins. We never conceded a headed goal when Ginge was alongside Reid
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

At this rate, I'd be surprised if we stay up. The bottom dropped out awhile ago.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

will the players be pulled in for another 7 nut kicking from sam (if they survive their way through half time) ?
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

Message for Capt Nolan .. any bloody chance of you getting in this game

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Very poor 1st half !! Bring on Carroll for chamakh for start of 2nd half
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

What a pile of wank.......Not good enough end of! Fulham are controlling the game, we aren't even going to the ball for god sake!!! We have been showing the composure of a paedophile in a playground.....The whole team needs reading the riot act and if that means threatening them with the rotting in the reserves thing then so be it! Rather fight relegation with people that can be arsed than those that think they are getting a free ride!!!

Frustrated of Norwich
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

Take Chanakh off. He doesn't look like he is breaking sweat to me.

Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:54 pm

Johnny K wrote:Take Chanakh off. He doesn't look like he is breaking sweat to me.

Can he break wind? Me thinks not Suspect
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:56 pm

We are walking around in midfield. Not getting tight. Letting players just run through our midfield. It is Sidwell and Karagounis FFS, but Nolan and Noble are making them look like Xavia and Iniesta.

Chamakh being marked out the game by.......Philip Senderos !! Get that prick off too

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:53 pm