West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Tony P
Jiggs
westhamonkey
Campo
Charlie Ham
Nicki
daib0
Admin
12 posters

Everton v West Ham United FC

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Everton v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v West Ham United FC

Post  westhamonkey Sun 12 May 2013, 9:54 pm

Campo wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

It's not even about the money for places... it's about pride.

you only work 9 months of the year... why would you sit back and take tenth in the table when there's a decent possibility that you could finish 8th?

why would you sit back and take a beating when you have the ability to hand one out?

football really frustrates me sometimes...

when was the last time we gave that lot a kicking up there?
    they are a side that have only lost 6 games all season .. there is a reason for that
    we are years and years behind the blue scouse

Erm... Wigan have NEVER won an FA Cup and are dead certs for relegation, so should they not have bothered performing in yesterday's cup final?????

Wigan decided they had something to play for against a team they had no right to beat and achieving something they'd never done before in their history... they went for it and they won.

I'm not saying we should expect to thrash Everton at their place... but a draw should at least be a possibility.

you saw the game today... you even said you'd quit watching it after half an hour... apart from Collins and Jussi, the team might just as well have not bothered getting out of bed this morning for all the good it did.
    That's the part that to me is unacceptable.
    As many people have mentioned... we had no fight and that part is just not good enough... regardless of the result.

we're lucky we have Reading on the last day of the season and mathematically safe - cos there's 3 teams beneath us only 2 points behind... so if the unthinkable happened and we lost to Reading we could drop three places potentially... maybe even four as Soton could get the same points as us and better our goal difference.

And the thought of ending the season on a couple of places and a couple of points above relegation isn't a great way to go out of this campaign.

Plus we now can't go above Swansea unless we win, they lose and the combined goal difference of both matches goes in our favor by more than +10.

So we DID actually have A LOT to play for today... but for some reason all but two of our players either seemed to ignore that fact or just didn't care about it...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 13 May 2013, 8:24 am

It was just one of those end of season games
    in the same way that west brom got stuffed by Norwich 4-0
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 13 May 2013, 1:37 pm

Everton have always been one of my bogey teams - right back since I was a kid. Home matches against them always seemed to end up 1-0 to them even when they were shit. So I wasn't expecting much from yesterday's match - us with the season over & them wanting to say goodbye to a popular boss. So I switched off at half-time to go & watch IFK Mariehamn play a home match - which they lost 0-4, a shambles of a team.

The only saving grace was my son's team who fought back from 0-2 to draw 2-2 in their Advanced league match yesterday - after winning another league match on saturday. They showed all these show pony footballers what heart in football is all about this weekend for my part.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 13 May 2013, 5:19 pm

I thought we were moving away from the old West Ham who had nothing to play for so did nothing but in the last two home games some players did not seem up for it. According to the papers we could have lost by a lot more with only our goalkeeper having a good game.

Very disappointing still the managers knows who he wants and now knows who he does not want.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 13 May 2013, 7:26 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:I thought we were moving away from the old West Ham who had nothing to play for so did nothing but in the last two home games some players did not seem up for it. According to the papers we could have lost by a lot more with only our goalkeeper having a good game.

Very disappointing still the managers knows who he wants and now knows who he does not want.

yup... if it weren't for Collins and Jussi, we could easily have shipped 6 or 7 at least... we were that woeful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:21 pm