West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+18
westhamonkey
Jiggs
Arran H
Stooby Doo 2002
manurewa hammer
TaniaP
Tony P
Dan C
Johnny K
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Nicki
RichB
Suzanne Claret
Campo
SemiOldIron
mottinghammer
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
22 posters

Carroll signs

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Carroll signs  Empty Fee agreed with Liverpool for Carroll.

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 21 May 2013, 7:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Carroll signs  Empty Re: Carroll signs

Post  alfiehammer Tue 21 May 2013, 7:26 pm

Excellent Carroll signs  1626210847
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 21 May 2013, 11:14 pm

hmm as a number of people commented on that report, a fee may (MAY) have been agreed, that does not mean that Carroll or his agent have agreed anything yet.

I will be happy when I see him holding the shirt and saying its what he always wanted from the time he stood on the Norf bank as a kid!
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 22 May 2013, 10:26 am

mottinghammer wrote:hmm as a number of people commented on that report, a fee may (MAY) have been agreed, that does not mean that Carroll or his agent have agreed anything yet.

I will be happy when I see him holding the shirt and saying its what he always wanted from the time he stood on the Norf bank as a kid!

stupid
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 22 May 2013, 11:45 am

press are now reporting he is out for 4 months with an ankle problem, that could change a few things
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 22 May 2013, 12:31 pm

Journo's are idiots, BBC Sports web page;

"Carroll ended the season as West Ham's leading goalscorer after finding the net seven times during a season-long loan with the Londoners"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

err Kevin Nolan scored 10 finger
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Wed 22 May 2013, 6:22 pm

Campo wrote:press are now reporting he is out for 4 months with an ankle problem, that could change a few things
    indeed it cold but it might just make him more inclined to put pen to paper while the contract is still on the table.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 22 May 2013, 6:52 pm

At least Newcastle have said they don't want him now. Come on Andy - you know you want to.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 22 May 2013, 7:05 pm

Whatever is to believed or not-I am fairly sure Sam and the Dave's would have enured AC was willing to entertain the idea of a permanent move before wasting time on preparing a deal.

Whatever the outcome or truths lie-I think the Dave's are canny enough to either ensured he is willing OR leaking the right rumours so it looks kike we bid and were unsuccessful if not!

In other words-nobody knows except those involved. Fish and chip wrapping for many a week yhis one.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 29 May 2013, 12:46 pm

rumours are that he will be announced the day of the new home kit launch.. 20th june
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 30 May 2013, 9:25 am

So Suarez wants to go to Real Madrid. How will this effect our deal with Liverpool? I suppose it depends on whether this statement was a surprise to the mousers.
    It could swing both ways. They may want to keep Carroll until they have replacements on board or they may want to blow the combined fees on big money signings.

I guess we'll just have to suck it & see
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Thu 30 May 2013, 9:53 am

They will get replacements on board before end of transfer window and if rumours are right AC wont be fit by then anyway. Whatever happens he doesn't fit Brendan Rodgers way of playing and he fits ours. No brainer for him really - depends what spanners the agent is throwing in the works. Hopefully not too many as he is also agent to Big Sam and our Kev.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 30 May 2013, 10:42 am

Nicki wrote:They will get replacements on board before end of transfer window and if rumours are right AC wont be fit by then anyway. Whatever happens he doesn't fit Brendan Rodgers way of playing and he fits ours. No brainer for him really - depends what spanners the agent is throwing in the works. Hopefully not too many as he is also agent to Big Sam and our Kev.

You can count on there being weeks of poker-playing about this contract before he signs. His agent will want to see "interest" from as many clubs as possible to bump up the fee (and his cut). Similarly the Daves will be expressing "interest" in all sorts of hulking great strikers to demonstrate that they are not prepared to pay any price for Carroll. It's like ritual dancing....
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 30 May 2013, 11:36 am

Aye what SOI said. Don't think the Suarez thing will affect us or Carroll at all. Carroll being injured (again) might help us to negotiate a lower price though.

Can't wait to see the back of that talented but driving, racist, biting prick (Suarez)
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 30 May 2013, 1:46 pm

Suarez would be a loss to the PL Alfie. Spain caught us up, Germany have now too and France, with PSG and Monaco money, are getting there too. The PL has not been great for 2 or 3 years now and our clubs' general performances in Europe, Chelsea aside, has echoed this slide too.

Rumours are that Carroll could be confirmed by Tuesday or Wednesday. I fear it may rumble past that.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 30 May 2013, 5:08 pm

Carroll is on his hold until the end of next week, he is in Geordieland at the moment
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 30 May 2013, 8:58 pm

Dan C wrote:Suarez would be a loss to the PL Alfie. Spain caught us up, Germany have now too and France, with PSG and Monaco money, are getting there too. The PL has not been great for 2 or 3 years now and our clubs' general performances in Europe, Chelsea aside, has echoed this slide too.

Rumours are that Carroll could be confirmed by Tuesday or Wednesday. I fear it may rumble past that.

As a talent maybe, but like baloteli I just can't stand him. And the French maybe catching us up (only two clubs I'd argue and Monaco are yet to make there big signings) but I'd rather the. Premier league play second fiddle then keep having these sheiks distorting things.

I'm west ham anyway and don't much care which European league is the biggest or most attractive.

Normally agree with every word u post dude but on Suarez it's good riddance to bad rubbish Carroll signs  3717672098
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 30 May 2013, 9:39 pm

It will directly affect West Ham though dude - the unearthed gems will start wanting to go to France and Germany if the money goes there and it will become increasingly difficult for us to attract the unknown Yossi Benayouns and Demba Bas that we have in the past. The big money from the Sheikhs and oil barons does help the rest of the league too - where would we have been without £12.6m of Abramovich's money when Chelsea signed Joe Cole and Glen Johnson just after we'd been relegated in 2003?

Having players like Suarez in our league also helps our young English players and, therefore the national team. James Tomkins and James Collins both had excellent games testing themselves against Suarez at Anfield. Daniel Sturridge will learn plenty from him in training too to make him a better player at both club and international level.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 31 May 2013, 11:04 am

Dan C wrote:It will directly affect West Ham though dude - the unearthed gems will start wanting to go to France and Germany if the money goes there and it will become increasingly difficult for us to attract the unknown Yossi Benayouns and Demba Bas that we have in the past. The big money from the Sheikhs and oil barons does help the rest of the league too - where would we have been without £12.6m of Abramovich's money when Chelsea signed Joe Cole and Glen Johnson just after we'd been relegated in 2003?

Having players like Suarez in our league also helps our young English players and, therefore the national team. James Tomkins and James Collins both had excellent games testing themselves against Suarez at Anfield. Daniel Sturridge will learn plenty from him in training too to make him a better player at both club and international level.

But Dan, the man is a shit - a talented shit, but a shit nevertheless. If he turned out in a West Ham shirt I would be ashamed ( I had enough trouble with Bellamy till I learnt about his charity work). IMO the Mousers are reluctantly coming to the conclusion that most people have already reached, that the man tarnishes their club no matter how many goals he scores.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 31 May 2013, 12:50 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Dan C wrote:It will directly affect West Ham though dude - the unearthed gems will start wanting to go to France and Germany if the money goes there and it will become increasingly difficult for us to attract the unknown Yossi Benayouns and Demba Bas that we have in the past. The big money from the Sheikhs and oil barons does help the rest of the league too - where would we have been without £12.6m of Abramovich's money when Chelsea signed Joe Cole and Glen Johnson just after we'd been relegated in 2003?

But Dan, the man is a shit - a talented shit, but a shit nevertheless. If he turned out in a West Ham shirt I would be ashamed ( I had enough trouble with Bellamy till I learnt about his charity work). IMO the Mousers are reluctantly coming to the conclusion that most people have already reached, that the man tarnishes their club no matter how many goals he scores.

stupid
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 31 May 2013, 6:07 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:

the man is a shit - a talented shit, but a shit nevertheless.

and that is giving him far too much credit
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Fri 31 May 2013, 6:52 pm

Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:

stupid

stupid x2

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:32 am

And when he goes, cancel his passport so he can never return!
    The PL does NOT need arseholes like Suarez .
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:27 pm

I'd have him in our side.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:30 pm

Be interested to see how many agree with you Stu.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:18 pm