West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+18
westhamonkey
Jiggs
Arran H
Stooby Doo 2002
manurewa hammer
TaniaP
Tony P
Dan C
Johnny K
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Nicki
RichB
Suzanne Claret
Campo
SemiOldIron
mottinghammer
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
22 posters

Carroll signs

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Carroll signs  - Page 2 Empty Re: Carroll signs

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:29 am

No brainer really. 20+ goals a season.

Far as I have seen he has done nothing worse on the pitch than bite someone-as in put his mouth on their arm, and whatever went on with Evra-if anyone here can say they never racially abuse anyone in their own language-let alone a foreign one-then they could disagree.

Football fans are fickle-ten minutes and 3 goals and he would be the next PdC-a player who came with history is now revered.

It won't happen anyhow!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:46 pm

TaniaP wrote:
    Tony P wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:
    Dan C wrote:It will directly affect West Ham though dude - the unearthed gems will start wanting to go to France and Germany if the money goes there and it will become increasingly difficult for us to attract the unknown Yossi Benayouns and Demba Bas that we have in the past. The big money from the Sheikhs and oil barons does help the rest of the league too - where would we have been without £12.6m of Abramovich's money when Chelsea signed Joe Cole and Glen Johnson just after we'd been relegated in 2003?

Having players like Suarez in our league also helps our young English players and, therefore the national team. James Tomkins and James Collins both had excellent games testing themselves against Suarez at Anfield. Daniel Sturridge will learn plenty from him in training too to make him a better player at both club and international level.

But Dan, the man is a shit - a talented shit, but a shit nevertheless. If he turned out in a West Ham shirt I would be ashamed ( I had enough trouble with Bellamy till I learnt about his charity work). IMO the Mousers are reluctantly coming to the conclusion that most people have already reached, that the man tarnishes their club no matter how many goals he scores.

stupid

stupid x2

stupid x3
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Mon 03 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:No brainer really. 20+ goals a season.

Far as I have seen he has done nothing worse on the pitch than bite someone-as in put his mouth on their arm, and whatever went on with Evra-if anyone here can say they never racially abuse anyone in their own language-let alone a foreign one-then they could disagree.

Football fans are fickle-ten minutes and 3 goals and he would be the next PdC-a player who came with history is now revered.

It won't happen anyhow!

He has done a lot worse than just biting Ivanovic. He bit Bakkal when he played for Ajax.

He's a cheat. He deliberately blocked the ball with his hand during the last World Cup to deny Ghana a goal and joked about it; he deliberately put the ball in the net with his hand in the FA cup against Mansfield; and he admitted diving in a game against Stoke to get a penalty.

He punched a Chilean player in a World Cup qualifier.

If that wasn't bad enough, he racially abused Evra and then refused to shake his hand in the next game against Man Utd as if Evra had done something wrong!

The man's a disgrace to football.

And, for the record, I have never racially abused anyone in my life, either in English or otherwise.

Carroll signs  - Page 2 3717672098

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:42 am

I was being an egg-nog in hell.

Devil's Advocaat
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:37 pm

premier league has survived the loss of big players like beckham, Ronaldo etc for years. We also signed some top players like David silva, crespo shevchenko, aguero etc. Real Madrid always signed the worlds best players. The unparalleled TV money the premier league brings in will always mean good and great players come here. I still can't see Suarez leaving as anything other then a good thing for PL and west ham. Sorry dude. WH Flag
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:41 am

Well spotted Alfie.
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:44 pm

I would have Suarez in my team any day of the week. Sure he has his moments but he doesn't bite people every week, he doesn't handball a goal on purpose every week, he doesn't get given a penalty every week........PDC pushed a ref over and whacked up a fascist salute, beat one of his players up in the tunnel for poor performance and an argument, broke into his old office to get things when he could have quite simply asked for them back.......Eric Cantona kung fu kicked a football fan (all be it one who was abusing him) and was the most arrogant footballer I had ever seen.......Half the premier league have cheated on their wives.......Roy Keane deliberately went out to end a players career.......Vinny Jones and Dennis Wise were some of the most nastiest pieces of work the premier league had seen.......Sir Alex Ferguson intimidated officials on a weekly basis (A managerial version of simulating a foul)going back further George Best was an alcoholic, Tony Adams was a drug user/alcoholic/gambler, Gazza had the diet of a sumo wrestler, Bruce Grobbellar was given bungs, top players have coincidently missed drugs tests on more than one occasion.......This stuff is a talking point for fans of the game, if everyone was clean cut and salt of the earth then football would be a boring game with interviews starting with "What a jolly good show"

Controversy is a somewhat essential part of the game be it a players behaviour, a bad decision from a ref, a dive, a crowd incident, a transfer coup etc

Going back to the main point, the fact that he has bitten 2 people, SOMETIMES uses his hands to gain an advantage (Every player would if they knew they could get away with it) and dives a bit I would still have him up front banging in 20 goals a season......No questions asked!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:47 pm

You probably approve of hate preaching too Stoobs Wink
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:12 pm

Tony P wrote:You probably approve of hate preaching too Stoobs Wink

Carroll signs  - Page 2 780148547
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:
    Tony P wrote:You probably approve of hate preaching too Stoobs Wink

Carroll signs  - Page 2 780148547

larffff
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:01 am

So today`s the day when we should find out if Carroll will be hammer next season .....or thats what reports are saying.. that BFS expects to know an answer by today as he comes back from his hoilday today
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:58 am

I shall listen with bated breath...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:14 am

Stooby Doo 2002 wrote:I would have Suarez in my team any day of the week. Sure he has his moments but he doesn't bite people every week, he doesn't handball a goal on purpose every week, he doesn't get given a penalty every week........PDC pushed a ref over and whacked up a fascist salute, beat one of his players up in the tunnel for poor performance and an argument, broke into his old office to get things when he could have quite simply asked for them back.......Eric Cantona kung fu kicked a football fan (all be it one who was abusing him) and was the most arrogant footballer I had ever seen.......Half the premier league have cheated on their wives.......Roy Keane deliberately went out to end a players career.......Vinny Jones and Dennis Wise were some of the most nastiest pieces of work the premier league had seen.......Sir Alex Ferguson intimidated officials on a weekly basis (A managerial version of simulating a foul)going back further George Best was an alcoholic, Tony Adams was a drug user/alcoholic/gambler, Gazza had the diet of a sumo wrestler, Bruce Grobbellar was given bungs, top players have coincidently missed drugs tests on more than one occasion.......This stuff is a talking point for fans of the game, if everyone was clean cut and salt of the earth then football would be a boring game with interviews starting with "What a jolly good show"

Controversy is a somewhat essential part of the game be it a players behaviour, a bad decision from a ref, a dive, a crowd incident, a transfer coup etc

Going back to the main point, the fact that he has bitten 2 people, SOMETIMES uses his hands to gain an advantage (Every player would if they knew they could get away with it) and dives a bit I would still have him up front banging in 20 goals a season......No questions asked!

Fair enough. Mr. Doo, you're welcome to him. Just don't bring him anywhere near West Ham, thank you. hatsoff hatsoff
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 4:05 pm

Seems Mr Carroll thinks he is worth £00k a week or he won't play ball with us (All iMHO).
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

*If* this falls through on wage demands he can rot in the liverpoo reserves. I've always wanted him to sign, but there is other options out there. IMHO

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 10 Jun 2013, 7:27 pm

Course there is.....Dave, Dave and Karren won't buckle under pressure to pay a kings ransom.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:21 am

Queens ransom innit Jiggs! btw how is big Phil these days? last i heard down here he was living it up large in the best hospital in London.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 16 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

New kit is officially released on Thursday, bet Carroll's signing is announced then
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:00 pm

Hope your right campo , would love it if carroll does sign for us on permantant deal
    Campo wrote:New kit is officially released on Thursday, bet Carroll's signing is announced then
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Mon 17 Jun 2013, 12:56 pm

I know it's in the SUN Rolling Eyes but apparently he's having a stringent medical at the beginning of this week...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Which would, of course, tie in nicely for an announcement on Thursday.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 17 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

I would like to think that ANY player who is to be offered a 5-6 year contract is given a stringent medical and not just the ones on big money

PS In Andy Carroll's case seeing as he is currently injured (again) a thorough medical is essential
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

Kieron Dyer
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 18 Jun 2013, 7:04 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Kieron Dyer

Indeed ! If any player should only have been signed on a "pay as you pay" deal it was him
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 8:21 am

Dyer ... £83K a week doh a feck up of monumental proportions
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Carroll signs  - Page 2 Empty Carroll signs

Post  Campo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 4:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [ltr]@jsullivanwhu[/ltr]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Subject to medical Andy Carroll is now a WHU player, 6 year contract. £15.5m plus £2m of extras.
    Fingers crossed he medicals fine

Last edited by Campo on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:27 pm