West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

one for the future - Danny Whitehead

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

one for the future - Danny Whitehead Empty one for the future - Danny Whitehead

Post  Campo Thu 20 Jun 2013, 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

West Ham United are delighted to announce the arrival of Stockport County youngster Danny Whitehead for an undisclosed fee.
    The 19-year-old attacking midfielder already possesses plenty of senior experience, having appeared in 59 Blue Square Bet Premier matches for the Hatters.
    He will now link up with the Hammers on a two-year deal with an option for a third after impressing during a successful trial period at the end of the 2012/13 campaign.
    Whitehead said: "I'm very excited to have joined West Ham and I can't wait to get out there and play.
    "It's obviously a big step up, but I've got to take the opportunity and grasp it.
    "i was on trial here at the end of last season and all the lads helped me fit in well during the two weeks of training i did.
    "I've got a bit of experience from playing for the first team at Stockport- I'll probably be with the Under-21s here at the start, and then I'll be trying to push towards the first team."
    Manager Sam Allardyce said: "He was recommend by Didi Hamann - who managed Stockport - as he felt he was an emerging talent that needed nurturing. I asked their current manager Ian Bogie about his talents and he allowed us to take a look at him last season and like every young player he's got talent.
    "He's very capable of handling the ball and he's able to create with his passing. He's very slight, which we'll work on, but the question is can we create that potential into a Premier League player? It is something we'll find out over the coming years through our Academy system and we'll see if he can join the long list of players that have come through."
    Born in Manchester, Whitehead joined Stockport at the age of 14 and quickly made an impression, scoring regularly for their Under-18 side despite still being a schoolboy.
    He made his first team debut in September 2011 at just 17 years of age, coming off the bench in a 4-2 defeat to Fleetwood Town.
    His debut goal followed just a week later, the youngster finding the net in a 2-2 draw away at Cambridge United.
    He played 43 matches last term to earn his chance with the Hammers and will link up with his new teammates for the start of pre-season training on 1 July.
    one for the future - Danny Whitehead 0,,12562~12021977,00

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:35 am