West Ham Cockney Boys


    Cold Callers

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Cold Callers Empty Cold Callers

    Post  Guest on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm

    About a week ago I got called by a company asking me would I take part in a market survey and would I mind answering a few questions , I asked the posh sounding tart could I ask her a few questions first , she said certainly Sir so I asked her did she spit or swallow and did she like sinking the brown, she actually spluttered and hung up . Since then the same company have been calling me several times a day , initially I asked them to hold on a minute and left the phone down while I carried on whatever it was I was doing , now they call till I answer and hang up . At this stage it is annoying the fupp outta me , I really feel like getting the train up to their offices in Tooting and having a go . Rant over for the time being .
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2165
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 52
    Location : London

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Suzanne Claret on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:19 pm

    We used to get a lot of cold calls then we joined the TPS list and it all but stopped, once though when someone called to sell me something or other I whispered to him that I couldn't talk for long because if my husband caught me talking to a man he would beat me. I then screamed and slammed the phone down. twist 

    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5667
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 62
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Jiggs on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 7:10 pm

    cheesey grin Cold Callers 2901933171


    _________________
    Cold Callers 6e83feedCold Callers Facebook_zps829e5036
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1372
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Location : Norff

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Blakey on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 4:58 am

    Suzanne Claret wrote:We used to get a lot of cold calls then we joined the TPS list and it all but stopped, once though when someone called to sell me something or other I whispered to him that I couldn't talk for long because if my husband caught me talking to a man he would beat me. I then screamed and slammed the phone down. twist 


    I had a persistent one on my mobile, answer, line goes dead. However, last week while I was on my break at work, this number rang.

    I answered, there was noise of a call centre in the background. Before they had the chance to speak, I said "It is done. There was blood everywhere." and hung up.

    Not called me since.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

    Posts : 975
    Join date : 2011-07-13
    Location : Oxfordshire

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  SemiOldIron on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:31 am

    Get a referee's whistle and keep it by the phone, blow a nice loud blast into the mike. It hurts, especially if they've got earphones on. They won't call back.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2165
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 52
    Location : London

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:58 am

    My brother hands the phone to his three year old daughter, she loves a good chat.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2165
    Join date : 2011-04-17
    Age : 52
    Location : London

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 8:58 am

    Blakey wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:We used to get a lot of cold calls then we joined the TPS list and it all but stopped, once though when someone called to sell me something or other I whispered to him that I couldn't talk for long because if my husband caught me talking to a man he would beat me. I then screamed and slammed the phone down. twist 


    I had a persistent one on my mobile, answer, line goes dead. However, last week while I was on my break at work, this number rang.

    I answered, there was noise of a call centre in the background. Before they had the chance to speak, I said "It is done. There was blood everywhere." and hung up.

    Not called me since.


    Nice move....
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5667
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 62
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Jiggs on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

    Blakey wrote:

    I had a persistent one on my mobile, answer, line goes dead. However, last week while I was on my break at work, this number rang.

    I answered, there was noise of a call centre in the background. Before they had the chance to speak, I said "It is done. There was blood everywhere." and hung up.

    Not called 
    rofl  I'm making mental notes of all these ..........


    _________________
    Cold Callers 6e83feedCold Callers Facebook_zps829e5036
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

    Posts : 877
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 99
    Location : Chesterfield, Derbyshire

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Nicki on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 4:28 pm

    SemiOldIron wrote:Get a referee's whistle and keep it by the phone, blow a nice loud blast into the mike. It hurts, especially if they've got earphones on. They won't call back.
    My Mum used to have one! Deafened a few people including me once!! She never used to give you time to speak What a Face 
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

    Posts : 877
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 99
    Location : Chesterfield, Derbyshire

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Nicki on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 4:29 pm

    TPS is bloody useless. Whenever i fill in anything online i always put wrong number. So where do these pests get it from? Had one today from 00123456789! wtf??

    Sponsored content

    Cold Callers Empty Re: Cold Callers

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 09 Apr 2020, 3:51 pm