West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
RichB
Arran H
westhamonkey
Jiggs
Johnny K
Campo
SemiOldIron
Admin
12 posters

Newcastle v West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Newcastle v West Ham United FC Empty Newcastle v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Sun 18 Aug 2013, 4:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Newcastle v West Ham United FC TeamvCardiff_zpsa7588a7c

Newcastle v West Ham United FC _69448849_cabaye
    Newcastle boss Alan Pardew must decide whether to recall Yohan Cabaye, who was left out of Monday's defeat at Manchester City following a transfer bid by Arsenal.
    Steven Taylor is suspended, Cheick Tiote faces a fitness test on a groin problem, and Jonas Gutierrez and Loic Remy are definitely out.
    West Ham remain without injured pair Andy Carroll and George McCartney.
    There could be a debut for Razvan Rat and a first start for Stewart Downing.
    MATCH PREVIEW
    A former Newcastle United player once famously likened being at the club to living in a goldfish bowl, such was the intensity of the scrutiny that players and staff were constantly under.
    As a one-club city and statistically the third best-supported side in the Premier League, every situation does appear to be viewed with enormous significance, so the developing feelings of angst which greeted the 4-0 mauling at the Etihad Stadium on Monday were to be expected.
    LAWRO'S PREDICTION
    [img(48.002840995788574px,48px)][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mark LawrensonFootball analyst
    "After what has happened at Newcastle this summer, including Joe Kinnear's appointment as director of football which I think has undermined manager Alan Pardew, I would expect a noisy reaction from the Magpies fans for their first home game of the season."

In reality, the result itself merely accentuated the overriding sense of negativity with which supporters have viewed the lack of transfer activity during the summer.
    Their only addition, loanee Loic Remy, is injured so manager Alan Pardew currently has the same players with which he ended last season - less Yohan Cabaye, whose departure now seems imminent. Pardew has admitted that a new arrival would inject a much-needed morale boost.
    That new face won't be in place in time for the visit of West Ham, a match for which he'll also be without the suspended Steven Taylor and injured Jonas Gutierez, two more consequences of the damaging defeat at Manchester City.
    By contrast, the visitors will arrive in buoyant mood, not just because of their efficient opening-day win against Cardiff City but also with almost all their own squad assembly now complete.
    Latest recruit Stewart Downing could well be in line for his first start in a side that will contain Newcastle's former skipper Kevin Nolan. His committed two and half years on Tyneside are still appreciated, despite his winning goal for the Hammers in the same fixture last year.
    That another ex Magpie Sam Allardyce has won at St James' Park on his last three visits only adds to the intrigue.
    MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• This is the 124th game between the two clubs in all competitions. Newcastle lead by 46 wins to West Ham's 38.
    • The last time Newcastle won this fixture was in January 2011 when Kevin Nolan scored in a 5-0 thrashing - their biggest ever win over West Ham
    • West Ham won at St James' Park for the first time in 10 attempts last season, with ex-Magpie Nolan the match-winner.
    • Sam Allardyce's team were the only side that managed to keep a clean sheet both home and away against Newcastle United in the Premier League last season.

Newcastle

• Alan Pardew's side have only earned five points from their last seven matches and sit bottom of the Premier League on goal difference.
    • Monday's drubbing was Newcastle's heaviest opening-day defeat in the top flight since 1988 (0-4 v Everton).
    • Newcastle are trying to avoid losing a fourth Premier League game in a row for the first time.
    • Steven Taylor's red card on Monday was Newcastle's fifth since the start of last season; only Arsenal (6) have had more dismissals over the same period.

West Ham

• West Ham were the only team not to win consecutive Premier League games last season.
    • The Hammers have won just one of their last 14 away games in the Premier League.
    • Sam Allardyce has presided over victories in his last three visits to Newcastle with West Ham, Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers.
    • Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle after 24 games in 2008, describing it as one of the "lowest points in his career".
    • Kevin Nolan has scored in three of the last four Premier League encounters between these two sides, although two of those goals came for Newcastle United.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Newcastle v West Ham United FC Empty Re: Newcastle v West Ham United FC

Post  SemiOldIron Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:19 pm

We want the Barcodes to get a good thrashing off the Blue Moonies tomorrow, get the fans nice and restless for next week.Newcastle v West Ham United FC 830028484 
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm

I hope the Geordies are as piss poor this weekend as they have been tonight
    looks like cabaye is off , Gutierrez injured and steven Taylor gets a Newcastle v West Ham United FC 4003659684

glad the 5th did not count .. sky bet had 4-0 @ 16/1
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:24 pm

Well, it looks like the geordies have decided to start their season next week.  Cos they didn't bother showing up tonight.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:40 am

SemiOldIron wrote:We want the Barcodes to get a good thrashing off the Blue Moonies tomorrow, get the fans nice and restless for next week.Newcastle v West Ham United FC 830028484 
    Good shout Semi Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1518089606
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 23 Aug 2013, 7:02 pm

well thanks to the change in "ownership" of the US TV rights to footie... I didnot get to see the Cardiff game much to my disappointment as I used to live in Cardiff prior to LA and have a bit of a soft spot for the bluebirds...

SO, was very 'appy to see the Toon game on the telly live here and set my DVR accordingly.

Went skimming through the channels last night and saw to my horror that someone with no footballing sense has changed the televised game to Soutnampton vs. Sunderland.

for fucks sake!!!!!

So looks like I'll miss the first two games of the season... although saturday is when the new TV supplier is coming to nstall new TV so I will henceforth... get to see every game in the premier league live - althugh I shall only be watching my beloved West Ham...

might have to get up super early and go down the old rubber to watch us... but getting up at 6:00am on a saturday ain't easy...
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Aug 2013, 7:59 am

This is going to be a very difficult game for us today and I would be more then happy with a point from this game , Newcastle are going to give everything following Monday`s dreadful lost to City ,
    I just have that horrible feeling they will nick this 1-0 or 2-1 so I think the best we can hope for is draw and on the plus side at least Remy is not playing and looks cabaya may not play aswell so will just be ben arfa and cisse to watch out for .

I would keep with the exact same line up that beat Cardiff last week with maybe Rat coming in for O`Brien
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

Is O'Brien injured? If not I wouldn't introduce a newlayer away from home at a tough place like St James Park. Stick with a winning side IMO.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

RichB wrote:Is O'Brien injured? If not I wouldn't introduce a newlayer away from home at a tough place like St James Park. Stick with a winning side IMO.
    No O`Brien is fit but I think Rat is a better option seen as he has more experience then O`Brien and of course is a LB that not say O`Brien is poor he does a great job at LB for a player who is used to playing RB Smile

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

i would expect the same side as last week to start
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 24 Aug 2013, 2:15 pm

Campo wrote:i would expect the same side as last week to start
    Then you would be wrong ! Downing in for Cole. Don't agree with it myself. Cole will NOT be pleased. MoM performance last week and a goal. His reward? To get dropped for a newbie. Not the best management IMO. Unless of course Cole is carrying a knock/illness
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

Newcastle United: Krul, Debuchy, Santon, Coloccini (c), Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita, Sissoko, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Cisse
    Subs: Elliott, Gouffran, Gosling, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Dummett

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, Nolan (c), Downing, Jarvis, Maiga
    Subs: Adrian, Rat, Tomkins, Diarra, Morrison, Cole, Vaz Te
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:03 pm

All sorted, official beanie and a wine of Claret.

Bear Bear scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 203329501 
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:04 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Campo wrote:i would expect the same side as last week to start
    Downing in for Cole. Don't agree with it myself. Cole will NOT be pleased. MoM performance last week and a goal. His reward? To get dropped for a newbie. Not the best management IMO. Unless of course Cole is carrying a knock/illness
    Agreed, as you say he had a great game last week so let's hope he has a slight knock rather than being dropped.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm

happy with what I,ve seen so far , seem o be in the barcodes faces just what I like to see
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:33 pm

Nice try by Ried there
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:48 pm

Poor decision by Downing. Free header at the back post and tried to head it across goal instead of hitting the target. When the ball dropped in the 6 yard box Maiga was half asleep as usual
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:52 pm

0-0 Half Time , Not a bad 1st half both sides could off taken the lead IMO would like more of the same in the 2nd half ,
    I would probably give 10mins then take off Downing and bring Joe Cole and take off Maiga and bring on RVT ,

Diame I must say is playing really well today just like he did last weekend !

Come on you Hammers
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Aug 2013, 3:55 pm

Newcastle in my opinion are way off target with most of their shots , like row Z off target , we can nick this

Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

it's there for the taking if we can just step up our finishing...
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:00 pm

Admin wrote:Newcastle in my opinion are way off target with most of their shots , like row Z off target , we can nick this

Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf Newcastle v West Ham United FC 1289607003 scarf
    yeah that I hope the 2nd half cheers up a bit and we get the break with a flurry of goals.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:01 pm

I like the premiership table as it currently stands... we're 2md
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:04 pm

Our central midfield has so many holes in it. How many times are teams going to just waltz through it before we are severely punished?

Lost count of the amount of times the ball has gone out to our right hand side and Demel is not even in the picture !!

Maiga? Offers us absolutely nothing

Last edited by Tony P on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:14 pm

Only been watching for a short while, since I foiund a "download free" stream [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but we seem to be doing okay?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

Downing off for Cole , good move , not impressed this game ..........done alright last game when he came on

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:42 am