West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Charlie Ham
westhamonkey
Jiggs
Stooby Doo 2002
RichB
Arran H
Admin
11 posters

Hull V West Ham United FC

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Hull V West Ham United FC  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hull V West Ham United FC

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 30 Sep 2013, 9:02 am

Doesn't make it any less painful when it happens, but we know we are going to be cheated out of at least a couple of results in a season. I thought BFS was remarkably composed in his after-match interview, someone like Holloway or Mourinho would have been foaming at the mouth.
    So, Hull City are now seventh, what a joke. I'd suggest their supporters enjoy it while they can - conceding more than half the possession to us as we are at present, on their own ground, is not a good omen.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:42 pm

Looking back on the game , It is clear for all to see that we were not beaten because we were poor but because the referee decided to be a Hull V West Ham United FC  - Page 2 3725042725 !

Hopefully by Sunday we should have C.Cole back who can take petric place on the bench who in turn can take Maiga place in the line up Bow 
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

Petric doesn't strike me as being good enough from the three games I've witnessed. Vaz Te, for me, is the glaringly obvious option and has to start in the central striker role at Tottenham. I would also leave out Jarvis as I feel the over-reliance on crosses which are never going to be converted is affecting our attacking play and options. I would replace him with Downing, who is happier to come inside and vary it up. My marks for Saturday's game, for anyone interested, were:

Jaaskelainen 7
    O'Brien 6
    Tomkins 7
    Reid 7
    Rat 7
    Noble 7
    Morrison 6
    Nolan 6
    Diame 6
    Maiga 5
    Jarvis 6

Subs:
    Petric 5
    Downing 6
    Vaz Te 6
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

Do we know if Ginge was dropped (presumably due to his poor distribution) or injured?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm

Dropped to the bench Tone.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 30 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm

The decision to leave out Ginge surprised me - Collins has, to my mind, been our best player this season thus far. I'd imagine it was to keep Tomkins involved. We are lucky to have three very good centre-halves and there is no drop in quality when one has to miss out.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Sep 2013, 9:45 pm

I would say that they are very different players (Collins & Tomkins). One is no-nonsense but lacks good distribution and the other is the opposite. Like you say it is good that we have those two and Reid. If Tomkins is continually 3rd choice this season I can see him asking for a move either in January or at the end of the season. That would be a real shame
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:30 pm

True - I remember in August 2009 when we sold Collins and kept Upson. In hindsight, we should have taken the extra £3-5m we were being offered for Upson and kept Ginge, although Collins had only recently returned from a lengthy injury spell and Upson was an England squad regular. With Collins now 30, we should look to Tomkins coming more into the side over the next couple of seasons and hopefully keeping Ginge too as a subsequent back-up. Tomkins should be looking to learn from Collins' willingness to block, his positioning and his dominance in the air - if he can add these grittier parts of the game to his play, he could fulfil his potential as an all-round centre-half, in the mould even of an Alvin Martin or Tony Gale.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:43 pm

Dan C wrote:True - I remember in August 2009 when we sold Collins and kept Upson. In hindsight, we should have taken the extra £3-5m we were being offered for Upson and kept Ginge, although Collins had only recently returned from a lengthy injury spell and Upson was an England squad regular. With Collins now 30, we should look to Tomkins coming more into the side over the next couple of seasons and hopefully keeping Ginge too as a subsequent back-up. Tomkins should be looking to learn from Collins' willingness to block, his positioning and his dominance in the air - if he can add these grittier parts of the game to his play, he could fulfil his potential as an all-round centre-half, in the mould even of an Alvin Martin or Tony Gale.
     That would be very good !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 9:16 am