30 Man England squad

alfiehammer
    Reserves

30 Man England squad

Post  alfiehammer on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No place for Barry or inform Adam johnson

Though they will miss Wednesday's game, Hodgson said Johnson and Barry - plus West Ham striker Andy Carroll - could still win a place in his World Cup squad.

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).
    Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).
    Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
    Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Arran H
    Reserves

Re: 30 Man England squad

Post  Arran H on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 6:20 pm

Really cant understand why Carrick and Cleverley are in the squad yet Noble is not !!??  confu  scratch 
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

Whatever individual players may feel, I'll bet that BFS and the Two Daves are more than happy not to see a Hammer in that squad. Against the very outside possibility of glory bumping up a player's transfer value, weigh up the far more likely prospect of them coming back demoralised, weary and possibly injured.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:15 pm

It's when players see it as an excuse to slap in a transfer request it gets on my tits. Luke shaw has managed to get in the England team just by playing well for his non champions league team. If anything, moving to 'a big club' has seriously damaged some young England prospects careers. Normally citeh or Cheatski to be fair.
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:42 pm

I love Roy Hodgson but Steven Caulker and Tom Cleverley? Really? Rank average, the pair of them. Cleverley is the worst excuse for an England player I've seen in a very, very long time and Caulker is not good enough either. There are clear cases for Noble and Tomkins if those two make the squad. To be perfectly honest, I don't think Tomka and Nobles are good enough for a regular England squad place but they're more worthy of a call-up than Caulker and Cleverley. What exactly has Cleverley done to earn a call-up?! It amazes me!

Shaw is a real prospect but you wouldn't take more than two left-backs to Brazil - Baines is the nailed-on place and Ashley Cole, while not playing for Chelsea, has plenty to offer still too. Shaw doesn't fit in - yet. Lallana and Rodriguez are not England players and it's a waste of time including them.
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 12:58 am

Flavour of the month, Soton.  He'd call up their ballboys if he could.  It's like he wants to prove the point that he doesn't just choose from the big clubs so he just looks for the next club in the league & picks their players.  If Nouveauchâteau had any English players he'd choose them.

As for Cleverly.  Beyond belief.  Roy clearly wasn't watching on tuesday night as he'd have seen exactly how shit he is.
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm

Not very Cleverly eh!
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 12:54 pm

Bit late I know but...

Crock of shite...

alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 7:27 am

I always remember a poll done on a forum quite a few years ago, I think by Essex lad running along the lines of 'who do you love more, west ham or England'. I fairly sure it was a split decision or even slightly in favour of England.

Apart from euro 96 and the odd occasion (England 5-1 Germany) I can't say I've ever been that arsed by England. Deffo put west ham above England. IMHO

Some of my first football memories was roberto baggios inspired Italy in 1994 World Cup. That was pretty much when I really got into football. England weren't even at the thing
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 8:47 am

I would like not to care at all mate, but I do, so very much [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm