West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Queen Karen gets CBE

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Queen Karen gets CBE Empty Queen Karen gets CBE

Post  Admin Tue 18 Mar 2014, 6:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Queen Karen gets CBE Empty Re: Queen Karen gets CBE

Post  Tony P Tue 18 Mar 2014, 9:08 pm

Many congratulations to Ms Brady

From our offishul..........

Vice-Chairman receives CBE
    West Ham United Vice-Chairman Karren Brady received her CBE at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday

West Ham United Vice-Chairman Karren Brady received her CBE from Prince William at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday.

The Vice-Chairman was awarded the CBE in HM The Queen's New Year's Honours List for her outstanding contribution for services to entrepreneurship and women in business, a cause for which she has tirelessly campaigned throughout her career.

Ms Brady, who has previously won a host of high-profile awards for her work and championing the cause of women in business, spoke of her pride at being made Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.

"I am truly honoured to have received this award," the Vice-Chairman said. "I have been extremely touched by all of the kind messages of congratulations from West Ham United fans since the announcement was made at the turn of the year. I would like to thank my Board at West Ham United and everyone who has worked with and for me over the years.

"I am particularly proud that my work for women in the workplace has been recognised as it is something I feel so passionately about. We have seen real progress in that field since I began my career but that work is far from over as I know there is still so much more that can be done."

Since arriving at West Ham United in 2010, the Vice-Chairman has brought the Club back to its core values celebrating West Ham's role at the heart of the East London community through the Moore than a Football Club brand and has grown the Hammers' fanbase at grassroots and an international level. Her ability to grow commercial revenue at every operational level of the business saw the Club record its first operating profit in recent history.

While working tirelessly to attract investment, increase revenue and reduce the Club's historic debt burden, one of the Vice-Chairman's greatest triumphs to date came in March 2013, when Her Majesty's Government selected West Ham United as the anchor concessionaire for the Olympic Stadium following its transformation into a UEFA Category 4 Football Stadium in 2016.

Ms Brady is also an indefatigable supporter of charitable causes as an Ambassador for The Stroke Association, WellChild and Teenage Cancer Trust.

She adds this accolade to fcbusiness Magazine CEO of the Year, which she collected for her work at West Ham United in 2012.

Everyone at West Ham United would like to congratulate the Vice-Chairman on her award.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 18 Mar 2014, 9:10 pm

clap
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 19 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

She does a great job for West Ham  clap