West Ham Cockney Boys

C'mon you... err... Norwichs

westhamonkey
    Reserves

C'mon you... err... Norwichs

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm

It's sad to say it... but unless we beat Spuds on the weekend, our future is really in the hands of the weird backwater people of Norwich.

It's only that they face Chelsea and Arsenal in their last two games that gives us any real hope of avoiding relegation.

To think that a month ago we had a very realistic chance of finishing 10th, to have it come down to this is kinda shameful.

Unfortunately, Arsenal will have probably nothing to play for in the final game of the season and Chelsea might not either.

The admittedly unrealistic but frightening reality is that if we continue as we are - and defeats at Spuds and Citeh are not at all unlikely, then every team below us except Cardiff and Fulham has the potential to overtake us by the end of the season.

Even zero points out of our last two games could - and probably will - be enough to see us safe, it's just not a good way for this season to end.

So it's looking like we're on the way to a 16th or 17th place finish - which means we'll have pissed away how much prize money if we'd finished 10th?
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Re: C'mon you... err... Norwichs

Post  Tony P on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:10 am

So what exactly is it that you want Norwich to do?

Confused of Sidcup
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 9:14 am

Ideally Tone get beaten 5 nil on both occasions so I say 'come on you plastic chavs' (vomits into waste paper basket) and 'come on you gooners' (washes mouth out with anti bacterial hand wash).

Last edited by Suzanne Claret on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:26 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    It's sad to say it... but unless we beat Spuds on the weekend, our future is really in the hands of the weird backwater people of Norwich.

It's only that they face Chelsea and Arsenal in their last two games that gives us any real hope of avoiding relegation.

To think that a month ago we had a very realistic chance of finishing 10th, to have it come down to this is kinda shameful.

Unfortunately, Arsenal will have probably nothing to play for in the final game of the season and Chelsea might not either.

The admittedly unrealistic but frightening reality is that if we continue as we are - and defeats at Spuds and Citeh are not at all unlikely, then every team below us except Cardiff and Fulham has the potential to overtake us by the end of the season.

Even zero points out of our last two games could - and probably will - be enough to see us safe, it's just not a good way for this season to end.

So it's looking like we're on the way to a 16th or 17th place finish - which means we'll have pissed away how much prize money if we'd finished 10th?

Spot on And all  the more reasons for Sam Rolladice to do one.
    We only got to 10th on the back of the results with out a Carroll after his sending off against Swansea, therefore Allardyce is a chancer as he would have picked Carroll, the player his whole methods are based around for those games if he was available and the results could have been completely different !!
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm

The Canaries are even more shite than we are at the moment, hoards of season ticket holders where I work are all slitting wrists and attempting hang themselves! Having seen a bit of them this season they are worse than us and looked doomed, against manure they were clueless (manure were not that good, whatever the Sky sports wankfest says!) and they just do not know how to score goals, if it were not for John Ruddy they would be down already.

Shame to say it looks like we have lost a lot of Wonga by the ineptitude of our play in the last few weeks and a bottom five finish looks about the best we will get.   
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:49 pm

I think we will finish the season 4th from bottom and stay up on goal difference.  

I am not impressed, I have been defending SA but even I have had enough now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 6:22 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

When I looked it up a few weeks ago I made it £1,126,000 per place - "merit payment" the PL call it. Even if you don't actually fall off the cliff, sliding down the hill towards it is an expensive business. No doubt BFS will still consider it " job well done" if we just stay up by goal difference, but the Daves will surely have counted every penny lost. And that's why I think they just might bite the bullet and trade him in now rather than a in a year or so's time. Not likely, but now an outside chance IMO.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 6:39 pm

So it's looking like we'll have pissed away about 6.5m - or the cost of an average player...

and Tone... what I would really like Norwich to do is to beat Chelsea 6-0 - but since that might condemn us to Championship football I will have to wish that Norwich capitulate wholeheartedly to both Arsenal and Chelsea.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm

Need to lift 3 places to help pay off Sam's contract-otherwise it'll be a double whammy. Bet the Dave's are weighing thaqt up also.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:37 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

So it's looking like we'll have pissed away about 6.5m - or the cost of an average player...

and Tone... what I would really like Norwich to do is to beat Chelsea 6-0 - but since that might condemn us to Championship football I will have to wish that Norwich capitulate wholeheartedly to both Arsenal and Chelsea.
     Well why didn't you just say that?!! Twisted Evil
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

We only got to 10th on the back of the results with out a Carroll after his sending off against Swansea, therefore Allardyce is a chancer as he would have picked Carroll, the player his whole methods are based around for those games if he was available and the results could have been completely different !!
     muttley
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

Rolling dice would be spontaneous and result in different options. All Sam's dice faces have the same number of dots.
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 8:24 am

Or like Domino's, they have blanks!
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:20 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:

Agreed ........ HALLELUJAH!! Someone is looking out for us  

Post  Dan C on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 10:49 pm

The point should be made though, as I said in my comments in the West Brom match thread, that this is not Carroll's fault, it is the way he is being used. Carroll is a (very) good player but is being made to look average because of the way he is being employed.
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian on Thu 01 May 2014, 5:35 am

The point should be made though, as I said in my comments in the West Brom match thread, that this is not Carroll's fault, it is the way he is being used. Carroll is a (very) good player but is being made to look average because of the way he is being employed.

well said Dan  
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Thu 01 May 2014, 7:22 am

Dan C wrote:The point should be made though, as I said in my comments in the West Brom match thread, that this is not Carroll's fault, it is the way he is being used. Carroll is a (very) good player but is being made to look average because of the way he is being employed.

I think I said as much in another thread.........somewhere on here Dan. Glad I'm not alone in my thinking
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian on Thu 01 May 2014, 7:34 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:The point should be made though, as I said in my comments in the West Brom match thread, that this is not Carroll's fault, it is the way he is being used. Carroll is a (very) good player but is being made to look average because of the way he is being employed.

I think I said as much in another thread.........somewhere on here Dan. Glad I'm not alone in my thinking

yeah but you dont matter Tony Wink
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Thu 01 May 2014, 8:04 pm

F
    Tony P wrote:

Concluding that Rolladyce hasn't got a Scooby W.T.F he is doing as he bought Carroll to build a team and a style of play around
    And lest we forget what our owner was quoted saying in the national press in the summer of 2012

'My manager wanted Andy Carroll, so we backed him. 

'Andy was the perfect player for him and the style of football we play.

Ambitious: Co-owner David Sullivan also wants Wolves winger Matt Jarvis

'We play a lot of high balls, a lot of crosses - quite exciting football, not just humping it but clever crossing - and Sam wanted Jarvis to supply the crosses because he is a fantastic crosser.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Fri 02 May 2014, 9:26 am

Sir Ian wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

yeah but you dont matter Tony Wink

Oh yeah. Forgot about that !
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Fri 02 May 2014, 10:54 am

hugsmiley
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Fri 02 May 2014, 11:04 am

Without a doubt Dan.

Post  Tony P on Fri 02 May 2014, 12:15 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:hugsmiley

Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Fri 02 May 2014, 12:40 pm

Charming...  I give you a hug and you blow a raspberry at me in response.

Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Fri 02 May 2014, 12:43 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:Charming...  I give you a hug and you blow a raspberry at me in response.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:12 pm