West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+11
Campo
Tony P
Cochese
Stevenage Dave
RichB
Arran H
Charlie Ham
alfiehammer
westhamonkey
Hungry Hammer 66
Admin
15 posters

West Ham United FC V Spurs

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC V Spurs Empty West Ham United FC V Spurs

Post  Admin Fri 02 May 2014, 3:49 pm

West Ham United FC V Spurs WestHamVSpursheader_zpsb81adac9
    West Ham United FC V Spurs Tottenham-v-West-Ham-Andros-Townsend-Jack-Col_3054011

West Ham United will be looking to end any lingering fears about relegation when they welcome London rivals Tottenham Hotspur to Upton Park for their final home game of the season.
    The Hammers currently occupy 14th place and, with a five-point cushion over the bottom three, safety is nearly assured already.
    If Norwich City and Fuham fail to win this weekend, they will definitely stay up regardless of what happens against Spurs, but West Ham will be desperate to get the job done without help from elsewhere and avoid a nervy trip to title contenders Manchester City on the final day.

napp on West Ham v Spurs

Sam Allardyce will also hope that a good performance at home will earn a positive reception from fans, having admitted it is frustrating to be criticised when he is setting the team up to get the best result possible.
    Negative tactics have been cited as the primary reason for supporters' unrest and a four-game losing run has added to the pressure on Allardyce, but the Hammers will take confidence from the fact they have beaten Spurs twice already this season.
    Having been defeated at White Hart Lane in both the Premier League and Capital One Cup, Tottenham will hope to gain some revenge and stay on course for European qualification.
    Arsenal's victory over Newcastle United extinguished Spurs' faint chances of finishing in the top four but they are just three points behind fifth-placed Everton and six clear of Manchester United in seventh, albeit having played a game more than United.
    Tim Sherwood is another manager whose position continues to come under scrutiny and he has admitted to being annoyed by the speculation, following fresh reports this week that Frank de Boer has been contacted about taking charge in the summer.
    Spurs are in decent form, though, having won 1-0 at Stoke City last weekend to extend their unbeaten run to four matches, and will be aiming to finish the season with a flourish.
    Paul Merson's prediction
    Big Sam seems to be under pressure at West Ham. The crowd have been on his back and had the banners out the other day, so this is a big game for him. Tim Sherwood, who hasn't done anything wrong in his time in charge of Tottenham, will also want to win and I think he's been a bit unlucky. I'm going to go for a 1-1 draw, which won't exactly send the West Ham fans home happy, but it's better than losing to a team they don't like.
    West Ham United FC V Spurs 367  West Ham United FC
    Marco Borriello is the only absentee for West Ham as they lock horns with Tottenham.
    The on-loan striker is struggling with a calf injury which has limited the 31-year-old to just two appearances for the Hammers since he joined in January.
    With the rest of his squad fit and in contention, Allardyce will be tasked with picking the right team to end a run of four straight defeats.
    West Ham United FC V Spurs 608Tottenham
    Andros Townsend is out for Tottenham after suffering an ankle injury against Stoke which means that he will miss the World Cup.
    Kyle Walker (pelvis) also remains sidelined, along with fellow long-term absentee Erik Lamela (back), who has not played in 2014.
    Mousa Dembele, Jan Vertonghen and Etienne Capoue will be assessed ahead of kick-off following recent lay-offs, while Sandro will also hope to feature after returning to the substitutes' bench last week.[/size]
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC V Spurs Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Spurs

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Fri 02 May 2014, 8:57 pm

"The famous Tottenham Hotspurs went to Rome to see the pope and this is what he said FECK OFF ....
     WHOSE THAT TEAM THEY CALL THE WEST HAM, WHOSE THAT TEAM WE ALL ADORE"

Last home game of the season and hopefully Fatso's last home game ss manager of our West Ham,
    Just hope for a performance with energy, grit, drive, resolve, tenacity and commitment cos let's face it, we have no flair, quality or pace and please boys wear the shirt with pride tomorrow and get us a result !!

As I mentioned last week there are 25 Dublin Hammers members coming to the game so if any one from here is going please look out for their flags and say hello.
    I'm heading up to Dublin to watch the game with those who couldn't make the trip.
      West Ham United FC V Spurs 1289607003
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 4:19 am

these are the games that test my loyalty... 4:45am kick off over here. Do I get up and watch it live or do I record it and watch later on knowing that the result is a done deal?

We need to win this - not just cos it's Spuds, not just cos we've beaten them twice this season at their place and it would be a measure of 'justice' for them if they won this one at ours, not just cost we need at least one point to try and maintain our (most likely) premiership status, not just cos its our last game at home this season, not just cos we've lost so many games recently that we really need a victory, not just cos...

just because... goddammit... if I'm gonna get up at 4:30am on a saturday, I don't want it to all be for nothing and be sitting thee at 6:00am having watched us lose and still have a couple hours before anywhere opens up or stuff like that.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 03 May 2014, 7:02 am

A must win game, me and the spud in the gym I work in have a 100 push ups per goal conceded bet on.

So COYFIs
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 03 May 2014, 7:44 am

A few stiff drinks in the pub before kick off makes it more bearable.
    Still can't see us winning this but would be nice if we could get a lucky draw.
    Just getting myself in the mood for going but got to admit I'm glad this is the last home game,
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 03 May 2014, 11:42 am

Obviously I want us to do the hat-trick of Win`s over Spurs but part of me want`s us to lose today and Next week just so that The board have NO excuse not to sack Big Sam !
    I cant see us winning so a draw is about the best we can hope for I think
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 03 May 2014, 11:59 am

Arran H wrote:Obviously I want us to do the hat-trick of Win`s over Spurs but part of me want`s us to lose today and Next week just so that The board have NO excuse not to sack Big Sam !
    I cant see us winning so a draw is about the best we can hope for I think

I'm hearin ya but no mate, we need to smash the North. London nause's and then sack Hippo Head !!!
    COYI
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 03 May 2014, 12:11 pm

The dude on guard outside the Queens 

West Ham United FC V Spurs 10155861_10152383655101764_7975589672523701092_n
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:45 pm

well that's one way to solve the problem... went to bed... woke up at 2:20am... could not get back to sleep... so been tossing and turning for the past 2+ hours (without any real tossing) and here i am... bleary-eyed but awake at 4:44am to watch it all live before my naked, steaming eyes...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:47 pm

nice, that clearance could have gone straight in the back of the net... how many seconds gone? 78?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:49 pm

we won the ball... put it out wide to Demel... cross too low and cleared by the defense.

How come collins is always the one to hit the subs bench when the going gets tough?

Corner to us
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:51 pm

good counter attack by Spuds... cut us to pieces... fortunately an unmarked Adebayor slipped it weakly straight to Adrian...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:52 pm

free kick to us on the edge of the spuds area in front of the north bank (ask your grandparents)

put out...

corner?

decent corner from Noble for once... bit of a bobble... calls for something... ball hits the bar... Loris gathers
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 12:56 pm

Spuds attack... Lennon runs it out wide and off for a goal kick

8 mins gone... Adrian again almost caught napping trying a clearance... just manages to squeeze it to the defense...

we're looking not entirely lacking in passion and talent in the midfield... but defense looks a bit rickety... up front... still to early to call it.

free kick to us on the halfway line.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:00 pm

another back pass to Adrian looks dodgy and he slices it out

almost a similar thing at the other end... but Loris dribbles out of danger and hoofs it forward to Arian

Spuds on the attack

We have to keep them out of Europe... or at the very least out of the Champions League... can they still get in that?

Hopefully Everton can beat Citeh and hold onto that last spot - would that give the title to Liverpool?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:05 pm

wayward passing gives the ball away and Spurs come at us... fortunately the header is an easy take for Adrian

Downing runs at the defense but hoofs the ball well high and wide...

corner to us... downing to take

3rd corner so far for us

Why is Carroll picking up the pass from Diame outside the box? He needs to be back in there getting service form our "midfield'

ball gets played across the box and Loris just gets a hand to it to avoid a simple tap in from 6 yards... best chance so far.

Taylor hacked down in midfield... was typing so didn't see if it got a card.

we're not looking as bad as we have recently...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:08 pm

diagonal cross field ball to strong and goes out of play..

spurs back on the attack

big header into touch form Nolan

defense gets it out for a spuds corner

terrible, noble-like corner on the floor to the defender at the near post...

we come out with it but it ends up back with Adrian as Diame is beaten off the ball
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 03 May 2014, 1:08 pm

As you seem to be talking to yourself I thought I would add that to me it seems a reasonably bright start by the Hammers. At least we look like we're up for it. One can debate the style of play but we seem to want to win this one...
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 03 May 2014, 1:10 pm

Humm... so Spuds down to 10 men. How will we take advantage?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:11 pm

oooh... red card?

should be by the letter of the law... last player

if only the west ham players would leave him alone...

phew...

the card is RED

Kaboul goes Kaboom!!!!!

just on the edge of the penalty area... could have been a pen as well... but they're down to ten men and we have a free kick on the edge of the area and 65 minutes to get something form this.

GAME ON
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Carroll smashes it... great save tom Loris although it was pretty much straight at him but lots of power so corner results...

but that is a goal....

Andy Carroll... corner form Noble
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 03 May 2014, 1:12 pm

YES!!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 03 May 2014, 1:13 pm

1-0 to the Cockney Boys
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:14 pm

actually... own goal...

Noble corner floats all the way to the back post (don't see that very often)

Carroll rises... gets the header... but then a defender loops the ball over Loris...

now... which team has lost the most games from a wining position?

oh shut up voices in my head...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 03 May 2014, 1:15 pm

interesting day... could see us safe in the premiership and the Daves' former club relegated to Division 1 if results stay as they are.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 1:54 am