West Ham Cockney Boys

Hammer of the Year

Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Re: Hammer of the Year

Post  Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 9:02 pm

Top goalscorer...............

9pm Wrapping up the first batch awards is Top Goalscorer sponsored by Mulalley
    Sponsored by Mulalley, skipper Kevin Nolan is the Hammers' top marksman for the second successive season.
    The Hammers captain is approaching 100 career league goals after another impressive campaign in front of the opposition net.
    After netting in the opening-day win over Cardiff City and then in a 3-3 December draw with West Bromwich Albion, Nolan's seven goals came largely in a bunch this season.
    The Hammers' No4 bagged five in just four matches in February - two against Swansea City, two at Aston Villa and another single strike in the home win over Southampton.
    The 31-year-old has held off competition from Carlton Cole and Ravel Morrison, who bagged six and five goals respectively

Nolan: "I always say that the most pleasing aspect is that I have scored goals that contributed to massive wins and got us the three points. That's all that matters to me. I don't want double figures every year, I want figures that mean we get points on the board and I think all my goals have been really important this year, so I'm really happy.
    "I think it was important in February. I went away and worked hard. Eamon Swift the fitness coach got hold of me and he just went to town, working me hard and when I came back I hit it. It just came together as it does sometimes and I was delighted if I'm honest. It was a great month and I'm delighted we got the points on the board as we did.
    "I like to think I'm the best finisher in the Club, but that's my game. I give 110 per cent to the Club and have done since I've been here. We've got a great squad and great staff and, no matter what anyone has said over this past year and everything that's been thrown at us, I don't think any other Club would have been able to deal with it and stay up, but we have. It's a credit to the lads, a credit to the Gaffer and a credit to everyone who has been involved with us.
    "It's a nice relief knowing we have another year to look forward to in the Premier League."

Last edited by Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 06 May 2014, 9:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    very happy to win goal of the season for west ham thanks for everyone that voted for the goal
    Be back next season to Score more.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 10:11 pm

The winner of the Best Individual Performance of the 2013/14 season, sponsored by Ark Build, was goalkeeper Adrian's unbeatable display in the vital goalless Barclays Premier League draw at Chelsea on 29 January this year.
    At Stamford Bridge, the Spanish stopper helped the Hammers grab an unlikely point at Stamford Bridge with saves from Samuel Eto'o, Oscar, Frank Lampard and Eden Hazard, among others.
    In all, Jose Mourinho's men unleashed 39 shots on Adrian's goal, but the goalkeeper, his team-mates and West Ham's 19th century football ensured a share of the spoils and set the platform for a perfect February.
    Mark Noble took second place in the voting for his outstanding midfield display in the 2-0 win at Cardiff City in January, when he capped an all-action performance by scoring ten-man West Ham's late second goal.
    Third was taken by Kevin Nolan for his two-goal show in the 2-0 home victory over Swansea City in February.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 10:17 pm

West Ham produced a number of memorable displays through the course of the 2013/14 season, including three unforgettable victories over local rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
    Therefore, it should come as no surprise that one of those successes has been voted Best Team Performance, sponsored by Call Print.
    The 3-0 Barclays Premier League win at White Hart Lane last October had absolutely everything.
    After a resilient first-half display, West Ham maintained their clean sheet when Jussi Jaaskelainen made a fine save from former Hammer Jermain Defoe just after half-time.
    The Hammers then took control, when first Winston Reid converted after his initial effort had been inadvertently blocked by Kevin Nolan.
    Ricardo Vaz Te then latched onto Mark Noble's through ball before beating Hugo Lloris at the second attempt to make it 2-0.
    To complete an amazing afternoon, Ravel Morrison collected Mohamed Diame's pass before streaking past Michael Dawson and Jan Vertonghen and clipping a finish over Lloris and into the net to send the Claret and Blue Army into a state of rapture.
    The goalless draw at Chelsea in late January took second place in the voting, while third went to the 2-1 Capital One Cup quarter-final success over Spurs at White Hart Lane in December.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 10:22 pm

The 2013/14 Players' Player of the Year, sponsored by Asmatt, is Mark Noble! The Club's longest servant takes the crown from Winston Reid, who topped last term's player vote.
    Noble has started each and every Barclays Premier League clash this season, consistently producing the calibre of performance that helps the Hammers tick.
    Here is what some of his team-mates had to say about the Canning Town-born midfielder.
    Stewart Downing: "He's had a consistently good season. He's played well, week in, week out. He passes me the ball a lot. That helps! He's good to have around. Very vocal, obviously he can be serious when he needs to be and, on top of that, he's a very good player.
    Winston Reid: "You know what you're going to get from him when he goes out onto the pitch and performs. He's a leader and the team can rely on him."
    James Collins: "I think he's just been spot on, every game this year and probably for the last four or five years to be honest. He's probably the most consistent player we've had over the last couple of years and I think he deserves it.
    "He's got a lot of experience and that shows in and around the training ground and on a Saturday. He's always one of our top performers. Good banter, good lad, he gets on with everyone. He is Mr West Ham, so it's probably deserved. He's a great lad and a terrific footballer."
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 06 May 2014, 10:25 pm

The 2013/14 Signing of the Season, sponsored by S14 VIP Limited, is Adrian!
    The agile Spaniard has conceded just 25 goals in 19 Barclays Premier League matches since making his league debut at Manchester United on 21 December, keeping six clean sheets and producing a highlight-reel of splendid saves.
    A summer capture from Real Betis, Adrian also helped West Ham to reach the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup, playing in wins over Cheltenham Town, Cardiff City, Burnley and Tottenham Hotspur before producing another fine display in the semi-final first-leg defeat at Manchester City.
    A fans' favourite, the 27-year-old has also built up a close rapport with the Claret and Blue Army for his positive attitude, never-say-die approach and entertaining and engaging use of social media.
    Second to Adrian came England winger Stewart Downing, who capped a decent season with his first goal for the Club in Saturday's 2-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur, while third went to Andy Carroll.
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Tue 06 May 2014, 11:00 pm

Mark Noble is your Hammer of the Year, sponsored by Alpari FX, for the second time!

Noble follows in the footsteps of tonight's Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Sir Trevor Brooking, Sir Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore OBE, Billy Bonds MBE, Alvin Martin, Scott Parker, Julian Dicks and Steve Potts in becoming a multiple-time Hammer of the Year.

The 26-year-old midfielder has started all 37 of West Ham's Barclays Premier League games, scoring three goals and recording four assists. Undoubtedly the engine room of Sam Allardyce's side, Noble has attempted 1,926 passes in the league this season, directly creating more than 60 chances for his team-mates.

Playing in a more withdrawn role, most commonly alongside Kevin Nolan and Mohamed Diame, Noble has also put in 107 tackles, made 70 interceptions and blocked 16 opposition shots. A tireless worker, the No16 has run further than any other West Ham player this season.

Runner-up to Noble is goalkeeper Adrian, who burst into the Hammers side on a regular basis just before Christmas and has hardly looked back since.
    The agile Spaniard has conceded just 25 goals in 19 Barclays Premier League matches since making his league debut at Manchester United on 21 December, keeping six clean sheets and producing a highlight-reel of splendid saves.

A summer capture from Real Betis, Adrian also helped West Ham to reach the semi-finals of the Capital One Cup, playing in wins over Cheltenham Town, Cardiff City, Burnley and Tottenham Hotspur before producing another fine display in the semi-final first-leg defeat at Manchester City.

Third place in the voting went to centre-back James Tomkins, who took full advantage of injuries to his team-mates to enjoy a fine season at the heart of the Hammers back four.
    The 25-year-old started eleven of West Ham's 14 Barclays Premier League clean sheets, forging strong partnerships with Winston Reid, James Collins and Roger Johnson.
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Tue 06 May 2014, 11:04 pm

Jiggs wrote:Cocky b'stard.........

Charlie Ham wrote: 

rofl    My reply was to Campo's post about Allerdyce.  As if I'd say that to you Charlie x

Congratulations to all this seasons winners, especially Mark Noble, my choice ...

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Wed 07 May 2014, 11:01 am

"He passes the ball alot"

Yes and sometimes it reaches a team mate. Sometimes.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 07 May 2014, 11:55 am

Tony P wrote:Top goalscorer...............

9pm Wrapping up the first batch awards is Top Goalscorer sponsored by Mulalley
    Sponsored by Mulalley, skipper Kevin Nolan is the Hammers' top marksman for the second successive season.
    The Hammers captain is approaching 100 career league goals after another impressive campaign in front of the opposition net.
    After netting in the opening-day win over Cardiff City and then in a 3-3 December draw with West Bromwich Albion, Nolan's seven goals came largely in a bunch this season.
    The Hammers' No4 bagged five in just four matches in February - two against Swansea City, two at Aston Villa and another single strike in the home win over Southampton.
    The 31-year-old has held off competition from Carlton Cole and Ravel Morrison, who bagged six and five goals respectively

Nolan: "I always say that the most pleasing aspect is that I have scored goals that contributed to massive wins and got us the three points. That's all that matters to me. I don't want double figures every year, I want figures that mean we get points on the board and I think all my goals have been really important this year, so I'm really happy.
    "I think it was important in February. I went away and worked hard. Eamon Swift the fitness coach got hold of me and he just went to town, working me hard and when I came back I hit it. It just came together as it does sometimes and I was delighted if I'm honest. It was a great month and I'm delighted we got the points on the board as we did.
    "I like to think I'm the best finisher in the Club, but that's my game. I give 110 per cent to the Club and have done since I've been here. We've got a great squad and great staff and, no matter what anyone has said over this past year and everything that's been thrown at us, I don't think any other Club would have been able to deal with it and stay up, but we have. It's a credit to the lads, a credit to the Gaffer and a credit to everyone who has been involved with us.
    "It's a nice relief knowing we have another year to look forward to in the Premier League."

Feel like I have to apologise to say this but I'm a real fan of Nolans.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm