20 Mill

Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

20 Mill

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Thu 22 May 2014, 9:03 am

How the feck are we ment to revamp our whole squad ( Morrison the only under 25) attract quality / flair players to deliver all the new objectives set out by the Dizzy Dave's for 20 million and as I've said since my first post no quality flair players want to play for Hippo Head
    We're gonna get another bunch of dross and loans and the whole situation is another West Ham farce !!!
    Campo
    1st team

Re: 20 Mill

Post  Campo on Thu 22 May 2014, 9:24 am

That £20M figure came from the Daily Mail who know feck all
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Thu 22 May 2014, 10:18 am

At least they have admitted that our identity  has and is  being destroyed by their appointment of The Fat Controller but Mate, The Dippy Dave's are not football men and as for HippoHead he is an anti football man and the the whole thing is another West Ham catastrophe about to happen, I'm sorry but as some stage we deserve better
    WHTID
    Irons In. The Soul
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K on Thu 22 May 2014, 10:26 am

I don't know why HH, but the way you phrase your posts always makes me more positive to Sam.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Thu 22 May 2014, 12:57 pm

All part of the service !!!
    He has also hinted in his column in the evening standard that a director of football would be a good thing,
    For once I agree with him and Harry Potter should be recruited straight away !!!
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Thu 22 May 2014, 6:59 pm

I completely agree with JK - and I never thought that would happen
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Thu 22 May 2014, 7:17 pm

Although we can disregard the £20 million budget if in the daily fail it's probably not far off either.

Of course all our rivals will probably have a similar figure to spend. meaning no real gain.

It was said by someone not long ago as a reason for keeping Sam, that to really change things would take a man city style transfer budget. It's hardly 'news' that we have a mediocre budget.

HH I do like ya posts mate, and take into account what u say about Sam. But your on going dislike of the Dave's, who saved us from a Pompey/Wimbledon/ Leeds style fate of utter bankruptcy really baffles me.
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K on Thu 22 May 2014, 9:22 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

I completely agree with JK - and I never thought that would happen
    LoL!

handshake
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Thu 22 May 2014, 10:02 pm

Sullivan is a shrewd cookie. He will get loans in to supplement the players that he has the funds to pay transfer fees for

Out of contract - Jussi, Collison, Taylor, McCartney, Joe Cole,  Nocerino, Boriello, Armero, Johnson (all loans expired), Spence, Demel & Dan Potts

Probably up for sale/no longer required - Vaz Te, Diarra, Maiga, Henderson. Diarra (like Rat) will probably have his contract paid up if he can't be sold

Trying to get a move - Diame

That will leave a severely depleted squad of around 15 senior players including Diame if he stays. On the plus side we will free up a lot of wages with the likes of Jussi, Taylor, McCartney, Joe Cole and the other loanees leaving. Around £177,000 per week (£9.2m per year) I read somewhere

We will therefore definitely need a new No.2 keeper to challenge Adrian; two strikers to replace RVT & Maiga in the squad; a left back to replace McCartney/Armero; a centre half; a right back to replace Demel. Add to that Allardyce's instruction to bring "young, exciting attacking players in and we have our work cut out

I think, therefore, that G&S will be looking for free transfers and loans as well as paying some transfer fees. What I feel sure we WON'T do this time is blow 80% of our transfer budget on ONE player

Gonna be an interesting summer
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Fri 23 May 2014, 12:26 am

I think what really needs to be understood by some people is that...

yes, in footballing terms for 2014, 20mill is a piss poor fund size to even think about mounting a top ten challenge in there premiership.

but...

for anyone with a passing interest in me beloved West Ham...

20mill is a fuckload of money... more than most, if not all of us, will ever see in our lifetime(s) - even if we pooled resources.

So before we start whining too loudly about the paucity of transfer funds, consider the following:

try finding 20mill from your own pocket, it ain't as easy as you think...
    the Daves, whether we love them or hate them, have already dug in their own pockets to the tune of maybe 100mill
    the club as a whole still ain't debt free
    still ain't turning a real profit
    and the deadwood we can ship out ain't gonna bring in much in the way of money that'll significantly affect the transfer budget

sure - we'd all like Man City players and a transfer kitty to match... but they've already run foul of the FFP regulations and lost money last season...

wherever we go it's going to be long, slow and hard work.

once we complete the sale of the beloved Boleyn then there might be a chance the Daves will spunk a bunch of that cash at some expensive players but don't hold your breath...
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Fri 23 May 2014, 8:30 am

In that case tony I honestly think I'd try and dip into the championship and the best players/ promising talent from there. Relatively cheap and English. The chance of us finding a michu type player is remote. We did it with Benni admittedly.
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Fri 23 May 2014, 12:18 pm

What TP said  twist 

HH I think you must be a Spud...
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Fri 23 May 2014, 10:35 pm

Bloody hell, Chelsea have pulled PSG's pants down, £40M for Luiz   

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 24 May 2014, 8:18 am

ridiculous sum of money for him...
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Sat 24 May 2014, 11:21 am

Tony P wrote:Sullivan is a shrewd cookie. He will get loans in to supplement the players that he has the funds to pay transfer fees for

Out of contract - Jussi, Collison, Taylor, McCartney, Joe Cole,  Nocerino, Boriello, Armero, Johnson (all loans expired), Spence, Demel & Dan Potts

Probably up for sale/no longer required - Vaz Te, Diarra, Maiga, Henderson. Diarra (like Rat) will probably have his contract paid up if he can't be sold

That will leave a severely depleted squad of around 15 senior players including Diame if he stays. On the plus side we will free up a lot of wages with the likes of Jussi, Taylor, McCartney, Joe Cole and the other loanees leaving. Around £177,000 per week (£9.2m per year) I read somewhere

We will therefore definitely need a new No.2 keeper to challenge Adrian; two strikers to replace RVT & Maiga in the squad; a left back to replace McCartney/Armero; a centre half; a right back to replace Demel. Add to that Allardyce's instruction to bring "young, exciting attacking players in and we have our work cut out

I think, therefore, that G&S will be looking for free transfers and loans as well as paying some transfer fees. What I feel sure we WON'T do this time is blow 80% of our transfer budget on ONE player

Re Keeper,don't we already have Howes, the Engrish u17 fella,who is fairly useful by all accounts??
    Morrison to return from loan. Centre halves, we are ok there. Striker/s and fullbacks are the priorities.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sat 24 May 2014, 11:23 am

Jussi is in talks about another year from what I can make out as a No2
    I would not want to bloody an U17 Keeper in the prem no matter how good he is
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sat 24 May 2014, 5:42 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Sullivan is a shrewd cookie. He will get loans in to supplement the players that he has the funds to pay transfer fees for

Re Keeper,don't we already have Howes, the Engrish u17 fella,who is fairly useful by all accounts??
    Morrison to return from loan. Centre halves, we are ok there. Striker/s and fullbacks are the priorities.
     As a No.2 keeper in the Premier League? Are you being serious?
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Tue 27 May 2014, 2:40 pm

I wonder if we would have a chance of getting Cashly Cole from Cheats on a freebie? As we are pretty thin at LB, having dumped both Linda and O'Brien really only leaves us young Dan Potts, Cole has a couple of years left at the top level if we could afford his wages and ego!
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Tue 27 May 2014, 7:04 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I wonder if we would have a chance of getting Cashly Cole from Cheats on a freebie? As we are pretty thin at LB, having dumped both Linda and O'Brien really only leaves us young Dan Potts, Cole has a couple of years left at the top level if we could afford his wages and ego!

he does seem like a bit of an asshole... guess it'd depend on how easy it would be to get the Chelsea out of him
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 27 May 2014, 7:17 pm

Ashley Cole? Are you serious?? He can pretty much write his own pay cheque at most Champions League clubs. I seriously think people are seriously deluded at times!! 

Seriously.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 27 May 2014, 7:52 pm

looks like Zarate may be a free transfer due to a clause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 27 May 2014, 8:25 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I wonder if we would have a chance of getting Cashly Cole from Cheats on a freebie? As we are pretty thin at LB, having dumped both Linda and O'Brien really only leaves us young Dan Potts, Cole has a couple of years left at the top level if we could afford his wages and ego!

We don't need him. BFS will play one of his love children - Joey O'Brien - at left back next season Motty   
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Tue 27 May 2014, 10:43 pm

Tony P wrote:

We don't need him. BFS will play one of his love children - Joey O'Brien - at left back next season Motty   

Well that's confusing, mottys post made it sound like o brien had been released?
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB on Tue 27 May 2014, 10:48 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:...The Dippy Dave's are not football men ...

And yet funnily enough David Gold actually played for West Ham as a schoolboy and was offered an apprenticeship by the club. Yes it may have been several generations ago but it's my guess he knows a bit about the game  Laughing 
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed 28 May 2014, 7:06 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Well that's confusing, mottys post made it sound like o brien had been released?

Not the case at all Alfie. Joe Cole, Jack Collison and George McCartney have been released. Joey O'Brien has a contract until 2016

Retained List published

West Ham United have issued the Club's Retained List of players at the end of the 2013/14 season.

The Hammers can confirm that Joe Cole, George McCartney and Jack Collison will be given free transfers when their contracts expire on 30 June.

West Ham United would like to thank Joe, George and Jack for their considerable efforts and contribution to the success of the Club in recent seasons and wish them well in their future careers.

Discussions with goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen and midfielder Matt Taylor are ongoing over new contracts, while the Club has exercised an option to extend the contract of defender Dan Potts.

Second-year scholars Kieran Bywater, Josh Cullen, Jamie Harney, Moses Makasi, Nathan Mavila, Amos Nasha and Lewis Page have agreed their first professional deals, while Ben Marlow and Taylor Tombides have had their scholarships extended to a third year.

Young professionals Callum Driver and Jordan Spence will also be released this summer, as will scholars Dymon Labonne, Rob Girdlestone, Thomas Gogo, Gines Guzman Rosique, Courtney Homans, Taylor Miles and Frazer Shaw.

The Club would like to thank all the departing players for their efforts and wish them well in their future careers.

*Keep an eye on whufc.com for more from Joe Cole and Jack Collison.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 8:00 pm