1st team

Re: New Away Kit

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm

stupid 
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 4:04 pm

Dan and I got a sneek preview of this in Tuesday night.

I really like it  twist
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:43 pm

Yep, I like it too; nowt wrong with a change of style if you're gonna churn out 3 £50 shirts every year now. Wouldn't buy it though-but then I don't unless they go down to a tenner in April and my size is left!

I can think of many worse-often our own ones too!!
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:54 pm

Nowhere near as good as last year's away kit and not for me. I really don't like the diagonal sash and, having seen Middlesbrough's adidas home kit, it looks like we are the victim of a mass-produced design. Chelsea had a similar adidas away kit design recently too but with white and sky blue as the colours. For the ridiculous money (coupled with two kits in the last two seasons which have been worn once EACH), you'd expect a bit of originality in the design.
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:39 pm

I like it too.......A lot better than some of the pish we have churned out in previous years........Although I hope the home kit doesn't have the stripe down it I do like the fact that we are trying something a little different than what we are used to.......Might be the first away kit I will buy in years
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:14 am

I wonder if the squad will wear it on the NZ visit next month??
    If so, i will give you a yeh or nay.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 8:00 am

Dan C wrote:Nowhere near as good as last year's away kit and not for me. I really don't like the diagonal sash and, having seen Middlesbrough's adidas home kit, it looks like we are the victim of a mass-produced design. Chelsea had a similar adidas away kit design recently too but with white and sky blue as the colours. For the ridiculous money (coupled with two kits in the last two seasons which have been worn once EACH), you'd expect a bit of originality in the design.

For me, i think the club should take a completely different approach. I'd never buy an away kit, (A) because they aren't always colours and designs that i always associate with the club, which is surely the whole reason why you buy the kit. and B) because its worn so infrequently/so pricey. If they club came out and said they would keep a kit for minimum three years, it would be a design similar to a classic you'd associate to our club with similar colours THEN i would part with £50.

one away kit per year, never worn by the club with some dubious designs doesn't tempt me at all. Be more likely to buy a retro top.
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 9:25 am

With the exception of last season's black third kit, which kits have we had that have colours you don't associate with the club alfie?
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm

white. And i know your going to pick out a few famous examples of us wearing the white (1980 cup final) but for me the away should be that blue colour, maybe with a claret stripe (the reverse of the home)
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:32 pm

Claret, blue and white are the club colours mate!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:59 pm

The beige kit springs to mind Dan!

White gap been used as a change strip for decades Alfie, as you say we won the cup in it back in 1980. Also a change strip is supposed to be that, a change of colours, for both the participating players and fans but also television (not just the latest generation of super money television but back to the good early televised football, which was largely in black and white.

Unless a kit is really embarrassing, or one is the sort to need to buy every kit, then this is just merchandising at its most prolific. We, as a consumer have a choice to buy it or not.

I find the whole new age yearly kit debates quite humorous really, don't like it, don't buy it-it's quite simple.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 3:05 pm

no i do take ya point. i guess what i mean is if I'm walking round blue water and see a white kit i don't think 'ah a fellow hammer'. if i see a hopped claret and blue (predominate colour) i instantly go, a fellow hammer, i ll give him the nod. or chat if he's leaning against the side and both our partners are shopping in miss selfidges.

best way i can explain it.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:The beige kit springs to mind Dan!

White gap been used as a change strip for decades Alfie, as you say we won the cup in it back in 1980. Also a change strip is supposed to be that, a change of colours, for both the participating players and fans but also television (not just the latest generation of super money television but back to the good early televised football, which was largely in black and white.

Unless a kit is really embarrassing, or one is the sort to need to buy every kit, then this is just merchandising at its most prolific. We, as a consumer have a choice to buy it or not.

I find the whole new age yearly kit debates quite humorous really, don't like it, don't buy it-it's quite simple.

fair point. i dot, for the reason i just gave. If I'm wearing the shirt out and about i instantly want everyone to know i'm a proud hammer so always buy and wear the home shirt. carroll 8 then carroll 9 for my last two. I do hope he has a good season this year.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 3:15 pm

Personally I'd avoid Bluewater full stop. I'd also avoid anyone wearing a football shirt outside of a ground or a pub with football on-at a push.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 3:26 pm

i always liked wearing mine to a shopping centre...specially lakeside, fully of shirt wearers there. spotting how many west ham tops is a source of amusement whilst being dragged round the shops.

also spotting rare kits is a bit of a hobby...fulham, apr. interestingly enough i do come across pompey shirts from time to time. they seem well travelled and loyal. also see the occasional midland team like leicester. NEVER seen a city shirt outside manchester. Asians seem to go for liverpool interestingly. lots more chelsea shirts these days. reckon i see more goners then spuds as well. Palace fans seem to wear their colours as well. just observations.

since leaving my job at BW I've hardly been back. and that was generally for a restaurant.

you got to be very careful these days with the popular Facebook/ twitter site "full kit wankers". deffo dot want to fall into the trap of walking down your local shop in a west ham shirt and any kind of sports shorts on, you may get snapped and shared around the social media world
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 4:54 pm

Can't wait to wear my new pink shirt, orange shorts and green socks to the pub.
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 2:11 am

Ah yes, the 'ecru' kit JDLK! Back in 1996/97. That started as a third kit at the end of the season before.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 3:05 pm