West Ham Cockney Boys

Club Crest

manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Re: Club Crest

Post  manurewa hammer on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:I rather like it...

The idea is to make the badge clear and clear for multi-media use. Taking off the castle leaving the hammers does that.

I don't mind the London bit or the fact that WEST HAM is larger than united.

Suz, sorry to say, but i hope you haven't been brainwashed by the club. London is NOT needed, as most on here say. I don''t mind the castle going, We are WEST HAM UNITED!
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm

Don’t be so bloody rude… I agree in most part with the badge change doesn’t mean I have been brain washed. It might be because I have been at the meetings and therefore have more information…

Arsenal tried to fit 'London' onto their new crest when they moved into the Emirates but it looked poor so they only changed the direction the cannon faced.

Chelsea looked into it too.

Fulham were quite a long way down the process of adding it their badge when they were relegated.

It is my understanding that the London clubs in the Prem wanted to nab ‘London’ first. Although there is no copyright involved clubs though it they were the first others would not follow as it just looked like ‘copying’. EPL London football clubs believe having ‘London’ in your crest is ‘prestigious’.

The person at West Ham in charge of migration to the OS was head hunted from Arsenal and he told us that they were ‘dead keen’ to fit it in to their crest, spending a long time on the re-design. In the end it just didn’t look very good so they gave up.

Fulham were going to do it but relegation put pay to it.

Now… I’m not saying this is the case but, suppose by adding London to the crest we are more ‘attractive’ to investors and sponsors, the end result being an increase in the transfer budget.

Assuming it looks ok (and imo it does) don’t you think it’s worth it?

The past is for reference not for residence.... Its time as a club we moved on.
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:40 pm

and the results are in....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 5:21 pm

I quite like the badge too, especially with the blue tint around the edges......I agree with Su that it will certainly make the club a more favourable brand....To be the first to put London on their crest means a lot! We are so stuck with tradition and stuff that we are in danger of constantly never being able to go forward just because we have been somewhere for a while or had something as part of the team etc etc........The Boleyn ground wasn't our original stadium, our kit wasn't claret and blue, hell we weren't even called West Ham United!!! 

We need to change to move forward, I know it's hard for the old traditionalists on here.....I would rather evolve the club and survive than be sentimental and watch it fade! 

I like the changes and transitional period we are in right now, I think the board have done it the right way, they have consulted with fans, they have explored lots of avenues and I believe they are doing the right thing.....

I think now more than ever is a time to be optimistic and excited about our future.........Now all we need to do is know how to play football!
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 9:18 am

clap stoobs
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 9:26 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:Don’t be so bloody rude…  I agree in most part with the badge change doesn’t mean I have been brain washed.  It might be because I have been at the meetings and therefore have more information…  

Arsenal tried to fit 'London' onto their new crest when they moved into the Emirates but it looked poor so they only changed the direction the cannon faced.

Chelsea looked into it too.

Fulham were quite a long way down the process of adding it their badge when they were relegated.

It is my understanding that the London clubs in the Prem wanted to nab ‘London’ first. Although there is no copyright involved clubs though it they were the first others would not follow as it just looked like ‘copying’. EPL London football clubs believe having ‘London’ in your crest is ‘prestigious’.

The person at West Ham in charge of migration to the OS was head hunted from Arsenal and he told us that they were ‘dead keen’ to fit it in to their crest, spending a long time on the re-design. In the end it just didn’t look very good so they gave up.

Fulham were going to do it but relegation put pay to it.

Now… I’m not saying this is the case but, suppose by adding London to the crest we are more ‘attractive’ to investors and sponsors, the end result being an increase in the transfer budget.

Assuming it looks ok (and imo it does) don’t you think it’s worth it?

The past is for reference not for residence....  Its time as a club we moved on.

Suz, sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, I still feel that the proposed change is weird, and that suggesting that adding London means getting more sponsors/money for transfers is drawing a rather long bow. Maybe if we put Dubai or similar we might have a chance!
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:19 pm

I can understand the clubs argument for using the word 'London' in the crest, and see why it is a good tool to be used for business purposes, but I still don't like it, without 'London' its fine if a little dated and certainly not worth the amount of money that the club will have paid for some numb nut to come up with something that is essentially what we had 60 years ago with the addition of the club name!

But if it brings in a few quid and keeps the price of tickets down, hey ho.........
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm

I don't think they paid anyone mate.

The West Ham marketing team, the club archivist and an SAB member who works in marketing came up with the designs.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm

it certainly doesn't look like they paid anyone to do it... probably a school project for Jack Sullivan when he's not tweeting about the club...
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 4:16 pm

Much Better 

mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 5:13 pm

Bit better, don't know why there must be the Olympic bit? 1895 for me works better than London, but why not the both, dosn't need the football.
    Academic as they have decided, and can show through the poll that they have the support of the fans (who voted for from what was offered).
    We'll get used to it, and at least they haven't done a Crystal Palace and reinvented the club as something else!
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 11:00 pm

Admin wrote:Much Better 

Yep , definitely a step up mate. Still not sure about the London bit tho.
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB on Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:18 pm

Admin wrote:Much Better 

Not sure where midnight blue fits into the plan and the bit of scaffolding behind the Hammers looks rather naff so this one's not for me. Not that it's for anyone because the decision has been made. Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:54 am