West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
manurewa hammer
Hungry Hammer 66
Charlie Ham
Tony P
westhamonkey
9 posters

kiwiland and oz

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

kiwiland and oz Empty kiwiland and oz

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:15 am

the last game we apparently didn't turn up...
    barely 5 minutes gone in this one and we just conceded... Aussie's first attack, almost their first touch f the ball and they run straight thru on goal and score.

This is the team Newcastle destroyed 4-0 - being 3-0 up at half time.

We really are shite... and playing Carlton Cole up front... it's like the tragic days of relegation season... and it's still only pre-season.

anyone else watching this shower of shit?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

kiwiland and oz Empty Re: kiwiland and oz

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:22 am

Demel just came off injured... hopefully not serious... but then none of them look particularly serious out there.

you wonder what the point of an overseas tour like this is... we look absolutely terrible against poor opposition So what's the point?
    It devalues us as a club... it potentially devalues the premier league if people think this is what it's like...

what benefits and/or positives can anyone see from this?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:23 am

sydney almost had a gilt edged opportunity in front of goal...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:33 am

2-0 cracking goal

the commentators just said we're playing worse then we did in the previous game... and Sydney go stick the ball in the net just to prove it...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:34 am

is this what we have to look forward to in the coming season?
    Carlton Cole up front and humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 3:57 am

first half over... can't describe how appalling it is to watch.

to put it into perspective... Sydney finished their season in April... they don't resume competitive football until OCTOBER!!!!
    So they're in less of a rush to get match fit than we are (we only have three more friendlies before the spuds)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 4:19 am

ooh... look... we got a goal.

a ridiculous own goal deflected out of nowhere...

at least we've taken Coe off...

but we're not looking any better

playing the same style... the same routes... the same ideas... the same results...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 4:32 am

west ham stop playing... sydney don't...

sydney player dances straight through our 'defense' and slips the ball past both Collins and Adrian...

3-1

this couldn't be any worse

we really are just appalling
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 4:33 am

holy shit... that was almost 4
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 5:02 am

Game over... which it pretty much was from the get-go.

even the know-nothing yank commentators could see what a total pile of shite we are.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Jul 2014, 1:22 pm

A disaster of a tour to a country that ranks football WAY down its list of popular sports. To top it all we get beaten by a side who finished BOTTOM of the league last season and another thrashed 4-0 by Newcastle Utd on the same tour. If this tour was arranged to pander to Winston Reid and he still won't sign a new contract then - along with the ridiculous amount of travelling and the time adjustment at both ends of the trip - it has been a complete and utter waste of time from a footballing perspective. Add to that injuries to Carroll, Tomkins, Kouyate and now Demel too. FFS

Fat Sam - NO SHIT SHERLOCK

'We've played poorly' - West Ham boss Sam Allardyce looks for improvement after disappointing tour

kiwiland and oz ALLARDYCE
    Disappointed: West Ham lost to Wellington Phoenix on Tuesday
    Published: 26 July 2014
    Updated: 12:28, 26 July 2014

Sam Allardyce admitted West Ham's football was not up to standard after they were beaten 3-1 in a pre-season friendly by Sydney FC on Saturday.

The Hammers were trailing 2-0 at the break but were right back in it moments after re-emerging from the tunnel.
    Their A-League opponenets added a third midway through the second period to kill the game and ensure Allardyce's men suffered a second successive defeat. 
    "We've played two games [on tour] and we've played poorly in them," the West Ham boss conceded.
    "The football was not good enough to get results but we're experimenting and working on more open attacking play and it hasn't worked well from a defensive point of view."

Sydney were humbled 4-0 by Premier league side Newcastle earlier this week and some of the travelling West Ham contingent were expecting a similar outcome.
    But defender Winston Reid said after the game he was not surprised by the threat Graham Arnold's side posed.
    "I knew what to expect from the players who play in the New Zealand national team. A lot of them play in the A-League. They are not bad players at all.
    "We came down here and we expected to do well and we didn't do so well.
    "We'll go back home and work on some things."

From our offishul.............does this sound like the same old rhetoric from BFS to you?

"When everyone is back and fit we'll be fine. We've still got Ravel Morrison to come back, we've signed Enner Valencia, who is going for a work permit. Cheikhou Kouyate and James Tomkins are both out and Guy Demel came off so if we get them back we can become a bigger force again.

Good managers find the balance between attack and defence. You don't seem to know how to do that Sam? Can see you gone before Xmas
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm

I think our owners need to get rid of SAM.
    Should have chop him out at the end of last season.
    As it stand we will be bottom of the prem after our first 6 games.
    Need to get rid of SAM, Nolan and Noble.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

The board and ther managers ( let's not forget Grant ) are a feckin disgrace; how they operate, their decisions, their media presence, how they represent us, everything about them is a feckin amateurish embarassement and please lord at some stage and hopefully soon we have to DESERVE BETTER
    Irons In The Soul
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 7:14 pm

can't say I disagree with anything in this thread...

although I do like David Gold - he seems like a decent chap
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:24 am

Just got back from Wellington! here is my take- I think Sam said to the lads, "just go out and have a run around, don't get injured. and we will get jhome and start again" Agree with comment about David Gold, I met him in Auckland, and he seems a good bloke to me.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Jul 2014, 8:19 am

at the moment sam is very undisguisedly blaming everything on the board and these new expansive, attacking tactics he is being forced to play. 

the board has publicly told sam he has to play attacking football.

there is a very public row of morrisons future.

I've read a few times online, but not seen the article myself, saying sam has been told he will NOT be offered a new contract. 

I like David Gold, (not so much Sulivan, but appreciate his money and his effort if not his methodolgy) but this is turning into a very embarassing eastenders styled drama- a show down in the vic between the gobby landlady peggy mitchell and the equally bobby and arrogant bianca jackson. 

To relate to it in the real world, if i had a problem with my area manager, it was an office chat behind closed doors. whatever happens u enter and leave the office smiling and united. otherwise you have as much control and authority over the staff as a used condom. 

either the board trust sam to do his own thing, or they replace. this current arrangement of them trying to micro manage big sam isn't working.
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:37 am

The problem we have is that you don't just stop playing long balls over night and turn into Barca or Arsenal etc.......It takes time! We've played what 4 pre season games where in 2 of them we swapped the entire team for each half!

Sure we haven't played well, but I struggle to remember a pre season in the last 5 or so years where I've watched pre season and said to myself 'We look fantastic'

With the shower of shite that is in that team last season we went to a semi final in a domestic cup, nearly secured a top 10 finish and secured ourselves premiership status........

Carroll hardly played, we swapped keepers, Reid was out most of the season, Morrisson was out on loan for the 2nd half, we resigned Carlton Cole because we had very little other options, Downing was injured a lot, Nolan was suspended for a few games, I mean come on guys............I believe we have the squad to make it to the top 10 again, especially with Valencia joining up soon! Apparently we are also looking at getting E'to on a free as well as he likes living in London and QPR are the only other London team interested in him.

I think by the time the season starts in 3 weeks or so we will be ready, with the right players all be it trying to get to grips with this new sexy football philosophy and we will be allright

My personal opinion is that I would still pay to watch us lump the ball up to a big man as long as it got us 3 points.....No point in playing fast attacking football if at the end of the day we get relegated....Zola tried it, failed miserably!
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 27 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

We were lucky last year Stooby, I don't want anther season like last year.
    Hindsight is a great thing and if I was the Dave's I would be regretting not sacking SAM at the end of last season.
    I just can't help thinking we will be bottom after our first 6 games.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 7:14 pm

as much as Sam is the all-knowing footballing genius...

I don't see how this 'more attractive style' of football is responsible for the horrendous performances in NZ.

How does any of that explain a defense completely failing to cope with sub-standard opposition (no offense southsiders) that were even more match unfit than us?
    How does it explain premiership quality defenders allowing division 2 standard players form waltzing past three or four of our defenders and a lost passing balls into the back of the net?

The "tactics" on display from a defensive point of view weren't any different form last season when we managed 14 clean sheets.

It's not like we suddenly played a high line or had the defenders up in the opponents penalty area for ten minutes at a time.

Everyone was shite - with a couple of maybe exceptions - it was almost like they were playing to lose... just to make a point

That's the only thing I can put it down to.

What I can't figure out is whether they were playing to lose to prove Sam right... or to prove him wrong.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 29 Jul 2014, 8:33 am

Cmon folks, its not all bad! They came down to a beautiful country with good beer, great scenery and wonderful people.!
    No wonder this distracted them from the footy side of things. I'm not pushing the panic button yet. Valencia to arrive, Jenkinson and Campbell on laon, got the makings then eh? kiwiland and oz 780148547 
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 29 Jul 2014, 9:07 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:Cmon folks, its not all bad! They came down to a beautiful country with good beer, great scenery and wonderful people.!
    No wonder this distracted them from the footy side of things. I'm not pushing the panic button yet. Valencia to arrive, Jenkinson and Campbell on laon, got the makings then eh? kiwiland and oz 780148547 

Good points but if we keep playing Collins at centre back and O'Brien ANYWHERE along the back line we will concede a lot of goals I am afraid
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:07 am

Tony P wrote:
    manurewa hammer wrote:Cmon folks, its not all bad! They came down to a beautiful country with good beer, great scenery and wonderful people.!

Good points but if we keep playing Collins at centre back and O'Brien ANYWHERE along the back line we will concede a lot of goals I am afraid

I tend to agree Tone, O'Brien looked completely lost in Wellington. Collins not too much better. Reid was NOT happy with the efforts, you could tell by his gestures and behaviour. When Sydney scored with a blatant hand ball in the lead up, Reid went completly of his nut at the ref, nolan had to come in a calm him down.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

I tend to agree Tone, O'Brien looked completely lost in Wellington. Collins not too much better. Reid was NOT happy with the efforts, you could tell by his gestures and behaviour. When Sydney scored with a blatant hand ball in the lead up, Reid went completly of his nut at the ref, nolan had to come in a calm him down.

Reid also went mad at O'Brien for their first goal; shouting at him that he was "miles behind everyone" and playing the goalscorer onside
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

Yes Tone, it was very por defending from O'brien, also Nolan was culpable in the second goal, he gave the ball away very cheaply indeed.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:28 am

Two players who should not be starters come the premier league matches. Jenkinson to be signed today coyi!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:58 pm