West Ham Cockney Boys

England Squad

Kray JR
    Reserves

England Squad

Post  Kray JR on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

Roy Hodgson has named four newcomers in his first squad of the season, while Andros Townsend returns.

Arsenal's 19-year-old summer signing from Southampton, Calum Chambers, receives his first call-up alongside Newcastle United midfielder Jack Colback, Aston Villa's Fabian Delph and Tottenham Hotspur defender Danny Rose.

England face two games at the start of September to kick-off the new campaign.

First up next Wednesday is a friendly with Norway at Wembley before Hodgson's men fly to Basel to take on Switzerland in their opening Euro 2016 qualifier.

Spurs winger Townsend, who missed the World Cup due to injury, is back in the squad of 22. Everton defender John Stones, a World Cup standby who played in two of the three warm-up games ahead of the trip to Brazil, is also included.

The squad in full;

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Re: England Squad

Post  Tony P on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:42 pm

an absolute fupping joke. Rose, Colback, Delph, Stones? Do me a favour
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:44 pm

Ah.....I see this squad excites you a much as it does me dude.
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm

yeah that and this is the way forward!
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm

I think it is more of a sign of just how crap English players are , huff and puff gets you nowhere in the modern game, until the FA use the vast quantity of cash they have stashed away to provide grade A coaches and training facilities the likes of Germany have then this will continue for evermore.
    The cost of getting a UEFA license in this country is at least 3 times that abroad, we have next to no G3 pitches, therefore our kids are trained on mud baths that result in hoof and run.
    Sir Trev has spent the best part of 20 years trying to get the gits at the FA to release these funds with no success, unless the FA get their heads out of their own backsides and wake up this is the future of English football as we see it now.
    Even the septics across the pond are in far better shape than we are.
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:45 pm

Well said Campo  clap

You can get off your soap box now .....  Long Leg

Post  alfiehammer on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:08 am

Tony P wrote:an absolute fupping joke. Rose, Colback, Delph, Stones? Do me a favour

I thought Stones at least had a very good season with Everton last year and was worth place. 

Gutted for Noble (linked with Ireland now) but part of me is glad he doesn't have that extra commitment and stays fresh for west ham...
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:54 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:an absolute fupping joke. Rose, Colback, Delph, Stones? Do me a favour

I thought Stones at least had a very good season with Everton last year and was worth place. 

Gutted for Noble (linked with Ireland now) but part of me is glad he doesn't have that extra commitment and stays fresh for west ham...
     Season? He played a handful of games Alfie. Tomkins is as good as him and has the experience of many, many games in the PL

Noble is not good enough for top international football. That goes for the likes of the ones previously picked by Hodgson too (see names above and add Cleverley to the list). Not having a go at Noble but I am a realist. NONE of them are good enough
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

Danny Rose = joke. Got done over like a dinner by Downing 1st game.
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 9:31 pm

When I saw that squad it took me back to days of Graham Taylor with the likes of Carlton Palmer in the squad.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:35 am

Kray JR wrote:When I saw that squad it took me back to days of Graham Taylor with the likes of Carlton Palmer in the squad.

and Geoff Thomas

Shudder
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

I went to that game against France when he nearly hit the corner flag.....

I think it was also Alan Shearers debut.........

Oh and the Mrs asked me out at school that day as well rofl smiley
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 3:47 pm

the whole england situation is so weird... I never thought as I as growing up that there'd be a time when I really couldn't muster even the slightest enthusiasm for my national team.

it's also interesting living in the USA where they are completely stat obsessed...

take Wayne Rooney as an example... the conventional wisdom is hat he's a "great" player - but then look at his stats as an england player... it's not like he steps up his game when he plays for his country...

now see his stats that he's been made england captain... and the state of the Man Utd team now that he's the club captain...

eventually those stats will lead to questions of causality... is Rooney not actually a cry good player...

and there's the rub... who ARE the good England players?

where is the good england team?
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

the whole england situation is so weird... I never thought as I as growing up that there'd be a time when I really couldn't muster even the slightest enthusiasm for my national team.

it's also interesting living in the USA where they are completely stat obsessed...

take Wayne Rooney as an example... the conventional wisdom is hat he's a "great" player - but then look at his stats as an england player... it's not like he steps up his game when he plays for his country...

now see his stats that he's been made england captain... and the state of the Man Utd team now that he's the club captain...

eventually those stats will lead to questions of causality... is Rooney not actually a cry good player...

and there's the rub... who ARE the good England players?

where is the good england team?

[th][/th][th][/th]
    GK1Gordon Banks
    RB2George Cohen
    CB5Jack Charlton
    CB6Bobby Moore (c)
    LB3Ray Wilson
    DM4Nobby Stiles
    RM7Alan Ball
    AM9Bobby Charlton
    LM16Martin Peters 20'
    CF10Geoff Hurst
    CF21Roger Hunt
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm

that was my point alfie...

if you're seriously expecting any of that lot to either turn up or put in a performance in any of our upcoming games then you are as out of touch as the people currently running the FA.

like most aspects of English life, our glory days are so far behind us it's not even funny
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:05 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    like most aspects of English life, our glory days are so far behind us it's not even funny

This breaks my heart cos it's so true   Sad Sad Sad

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

This breaks my heart cos it's so true   Sad Sad Sad

(2)
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:29 pm

I don't think I've ever had two people agree with me before on here...

these truly are dark days for our club...

alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Wed 03 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about England and this friendly if I tried...
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey on Thu 04 Sep 2014, 5:54 am

alfiehammer wrote:I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about England and this friendly if I tried...
    Me neither, plus it was shown on ITV who couldn't cover a wood pile in a rain storm.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:48 pm