West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
westhamonkey
Campo
SemiOldIron
Arran H
Admin
9 posters

Stoke V West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Stoke V West Ham United FC Empty Stoke V West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Thu 30 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm

Stoke V West Ham United FC StokeWHUFC2014_zps339a0091

West Ham United travel to Stoke City on Saturday aiming to maintain their place in the top four of the Premier League.
    Sam Allardyce's side have been one of the surprise packages of the season so far sitting in fourth spot with 16 points from their opening nine games.
    Team news
    Stoke will be without Peter Crouch and Phil Bardsley for the visit of West Ham through suspension
    Crouch is banned having been sent off in midweek against Southampton, while summer signing Bardsley has already picked up five bookings resulting in a suspension.
    Jon Walters will be hoping to start in attack in the absence of Crouch, while Geoff Cameron could revert to right-back to full in for Bardsley.
    Glenn Whelan and Peter Odemwingie are long-term absentees for Mark Hughes as they recover from a broken leg and knee injury respectively.
    Diafra Sakho will be assessed as late as Saturday morning as Sam Allardyce gives the West Ham striker as much time as possible to prove his fitness for their game at Stoke.
    The in-form forward injured a shoulder in the 2-1 win over Manchester City last week and it remains to be seen if he is risked at the Britannia Stadium despite scoring six goals in as many Premier League starts.
    James Tomkins and Matt Jarvis return to the squad after both recovered from thigh injuries but Guy Demel remains sidelined with Mauro Zarate (thigh) a doubt and Andy Carroll not in contention despite returning to training following ankle surgery.
    Paul Merson's prediction
    I never like going against Stoke, who had a bad result in the Capital One Cup and will miss Peter Crouch after he got sent off. He will be a big miss, there’s no doubt about that. West Ham are going to go there and have a go with the confidence they are playing with at the moment, so there should be goals. However, it’s a hard place to go, so I’m going to go for a Desmond.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

Last edited by Admin on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Stoke V West Ham United FC Empty Re: Stoke V West Ham United FC

Post  Arran H Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:58 am

If I`m being honest I can see us losing to Stoke today as I can see getting complacent and not working as hard as we did against City last week however I hope I`m proved wrong and that we get a similar performance to last Saturday and come away with another 3 points scarf

This would be my team to face Stoke today :
    Adrian,Cresswell,Reid,Collins,Jenkinson,Song,Noble,Kouyate,Downing,Valencia,Sakho*
    SUBS: Jussi,Tomkins,Nolan,Jarvis,Amalfitano,Cole*,Vaz Te

*If Sakho is not fit enough to start and then start Cole and then Sakho take Cole`s place on the bench

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 01 Nov 2014, 11:18 am

I'm pretty confident that 90% of Hammers will be saying to themselves " Surely this can't go on?" and as we have just beaten the PL champions and Stoke are playing crap, this is probably when we will fall flat on our faces in classic West Ham style. I would be more than happy with a point TBH. But if we do carry on winning and racking up the points, it won't be long before even the most hardened of us are thinking this season could be something special.

COYI!! scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 01 Nov 2014, 11:24 am

Agree there mate, I also feel that at some point we will be brought down to earth but not this week, away point Bear
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 2:37 pm

Stoke V West Ham United FC 10301510_872109092822308_4591683303714749923_n
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 01 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm

well... that was not pretty by any means... but very pleased to see us battle back from 0-2

ultimately this might be a more important result than last week
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

Very bad first half .....knew it was not gonna be easy against those thugs but we were crap . Second half was much , much better , more of what we have seen over the past few weeks , for the second half alone a well earned pint
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 01 Nov 2014, 5:09 pm

I'll admit, I thought we'd given up the game when we brought on Cole for Amalfitano...

but all credit to the team, they never gave up and got a very valuable point.

Gonna be nice sitting in the European places for at least another week
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 01 Nov 2014, 5:36 pm

westhamonkey wrote:Gonna be nice sitting in the European places for at least another week
    unfortunately not, Arsenal pushed us down to 5th. But equal points with them and City isn't bad. :-)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 01 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm

5th isn't Europa League?
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:05 pm

Not bad at all! We seem to have managed to confine our inevitable let-down from the dizzy heights to one poor half. BFS's second half Plan B actually worked, even if it did involve Carlton. Pulling back from two down away from home is no mean feat, and I'm happy with the point considering we couldn't play Sakho and Reid had to go off. Strength in depth! - we haven't seen that for a very long time. Whatever next?

scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:08 pm

stupid
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    5th isn't Europa League?
    Oh yes, sorry. I was only thinking of the Champions League... hatsoff
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm

2-0 and you f***,ed it up 2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

Admin wrote:2-0 and you f***,ed it up 2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up

That's what I like to see, a bit of empathy for the misfortunes of others........ Stoke V West Ham United FC 3717672098
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm

Stoke V West Ham United FC 10703863_1518976885008911_6035224751040099477_n
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:
    Admin wrote:2-0 and you f***,ed it up 2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up2-0 and you f***,ed it up

That's what I like to see, a bit of empathy for the misfortunes of others........ Stoke V West Ham United FC 3717672098
    Glad to oblige hatsoff
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:08 pm

Campo wrote:Agree there mate, I also feel that at some point we will be brought down to earth but not this week, away point Bear

egypt
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 02 Nov 2014, 9:27 am

I cant say any think about the game as I didn't watch it or listen to it as was playing football myself but going by comment`s on here and talking to people I know it seems a draw was a fair result as Stoke were better in the 1st half and we were better in the 2nd half ,

Does any one know how serious Reid`s injury is as we all say about strength in depth but that is one area we haven't got cover really ?
    And also how long Sakho out for - will he be back for the Villa game Saturday ?
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 02 Nov 2014, 11:07 am

Out Muscled and bullied by Stoke in the first half who were the first to loose balls and won most of the 50 /50's and were rampant down our left.
    Fair play to F.S. for changing things and utilising the strengthened squad which would have been impossible last season where we would have almost certainly gone on to loose. To draw away against Stoke after being two down and not playing at our best shows we have goals in the side which we all know had been missing in the previous two seasons with the Andy Carroll all eggs in one basket debacle. Another point and the great start to the season continues and long may it last !

P.S. Still not a F.S. fan and would love to see some one else take us into The Olympic Stadium but i'll take back a lot of what I said about SuGold and hats off to them for turning things around !

Stoke V West Ham United FC 1289607003

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 02 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

So the bully boy thugs at Stoke FC decided to take the piss because of changes we'd made due to Sakho's injury.

I was therefore delighted to see Allerdyce put his tactical head on at half time.  Now with two strikers and Downing back in his made to measure place down the middle, we were at least prepared to have a go. And we did ... and it paid off ... and Adrian played a huge part ... as did the away support!

How refreshing to see a modern day West Ham United team and their manager fight back for an away draw and another point on the table.   WH Flag
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 03 Nov 2014, 7:16 pm

Given that we were 2-0 down away at bogey team Stoke, I make that a very good result

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:02 am