West Ham Cockney Boys

West Ham vs Swansea

westhamonkey
    Reserves

West Ham vs Swansea

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:02 am

reminds me of one of me worst West Ham experiences... I was living in Cardiff and so drove down on a wet and windy night to see us get beaten 0-1 and knocked out of the cup... in the shithole that was the Vetch... ugh... that was painful.

now we're all in a different place... me, the Swans and my beloved West Ham...

the early start time means it's gonna be a 5:30am kick-off here in Los Angeles... so the DVR is all set and I'll watch the proceedings when I awaken from me slumbers...

Enjoy the game good people of the internet... hopefully next time we speak we'll have another three points in the bag and be third place in the Premiership.

Won't that be nice?
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Re: West Ham vs Swansea

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 8:11 am

tricky game, got massive respect for Bony, who I rate. Not sure i've seen west ham win 3 games on the spin too often so I have this nagging feeling about this. But i'm hoping for al three points, third place and more daylight between us and the spuds. time for carroll to score too.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 9:18 am

It's going to be a different test for us today. Swansea like to keep the ball and there may be long periods where we are out of possession and need to keep our shape, press them high up the pitch to get the ball back. Just hope the "boo-boys and know-nothings" at The Boleyn recognise this and don't get onto the players' backs.

If we stop the supply to Bony and make the most of our possession we have enough going forward to win this and go 3rd (until Monday night)

COYI !!!

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 9:49 am

I was Sam I would start with Valencia and Sakho upfront as they are both quick and will not give the Swansea defenders any time on the ball .... It might be a risk starting with Sakho but we can take him off for the last half and hour or so for Carroll if he starts getting tired etc but do think we need him and Valencia starting today so that we can pressure them form the very start which them two upfront would do !
    Expecting a very difficult game today and would be more then happy with a draw tho I have a feeling its going to end a score draw for some reason 2-2 or something similar

I would go with :
    Adrian
    Jenkinson
    Reid
    Tomkins
    Cresswell
    Amalfitano
    Kouyate
    Song*
    Downing
    Valencia
    Sakho*
    SUB :
    Jussi
    Collins
    O`Brien
    Nolan*
    RVT
    Jarvis
    Carroll*

* If Sakho and Song are fit enough to start then I would swap Nolan and Carroll for Song and Sakho or if Noble is fit I would swap him for Nolan/Song if that makes sense
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 10:48 am

Going to be a difficult game today and may all rest on team selection from the start.
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

On TV here, finally! 3rd you say, incredible, when will the bubbles burst ? Wink
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

Arran H wrote:I was Sam I would start with Valencia and Sakho upfront as they are both quick and will not give the Swansea defenders any time on the ball .... It might be a risk starting with Sakho but we can take him off for the last half and hour or so for Carroll if he starts getting tired etc but do think we need him and Valencia starting today so that we can pressure them form the very start which them two upfront would do !
    Expecting a very difficult game today and would be more then happy with a draw tho I have a feeling its going to end a score draw for some reason 2-2 or something similar

I would go with :
    Adrian
    Jenkinson
    Reid
    Tomkins
    Cresswell
    Amalfitano
    Kouyate
    Song*
    Downing
    Valencia
    Sakho*
    SUB :
    Jussi
    Collins
    O`Brien
    Nolan*
    RVT
    Jarvis
    Carroll*

* If Sakho and Song are fit enough to start then I would swap Nolan and Carroll for Song and Sakho or if Noble is fit I would swap him for Nolan/Song if that makes sense
    sounds the best team to me mate.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm

confirmed line up: Adrian, Jenkinson, cresswell, tomkins, reid, song, kouyate, nolan, downing, valencia, carroll

tidy looking team. just wish Bony wasn't playing for them...
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 3:37 pm

Marry me, Sakho, please! scarf
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:13 pm

3rd, blimey

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:23 pm

I`m going to get a lot stick of people by what I`m about say but Apart from the two goals I don't think Carroll played that well Tbh - Yes they were two outstanding headers but I`m not being funny but with his height AND money we have spent on him I would expect him to be scoring headers like that !
    I still think we should stick with the front we started of with in Sakho and Valencia and use Andy as a Sub in my opinion

But I`m over the moon we Won again and are now 3rd in the league even if come tomorrow night we wont be but at least we will still be in the top 4 and good to see Sakho make scoring return to the team !!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:43 pm

I think you're wrong. He worked his bollix off creating space - it is a valuable asset he brings and will be even more evident now we have pace in the team. Also he is still not up to full fitness, so even more so it makes his off the ball work even more commendable. He is also showing there is a place, even a first choice place for him, even with the success of Sakho and Valencia. He has great character, not the Billy Big bollix I thought he would be when he first came to us.

Nolan gives us nothing; he is not even getting into the spaces and knock downs AC creates - and even if he did Sakho or Valencia would get to them first and quicker. His days are extremely numbered.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:29 pm

Andy Carroll is having a party
    Bring your Vodka
    Bring your Charlie
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:24 pm

Great win, took apart one of our serious rivals and deserved to get all three pints. I do not agree with Arran, Carroll had a cracking game, scored two made one and caused them all sorts of problems.

The only downer was how easily they cut us up for their goal, way to easy for them. Having said that it was one of the few times they actually got the ball to sigurdsoon? in space to hurt us, Song was superb as was Kayote? stopping them from playing. I think sky showed us having about 60% of the ball overall which against a team as good as Swansea is brilliant.

I'd play Sakho off of Carroll in the next game and have Valencuia on the bench, as sakho's running off the knock downs was awesome.

Happy hammer tonight
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm

Stone me, third FFS!! Dunno how to deal with this, pretty well uncharted territory for most Hammers!
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 8:12 pm

Excellent win, I thought apart from their goal we played well and I felt Carroll was really good, defending well and working hard for the team.

One thing, anyine know what Sakho's t-shirt was about? "RIP Happy!" ?
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm

What a fupping cracking week of football.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm

okay, following on from my previous two match commentaries where I was critical of Carroll, I think I have to say that if you said he played badly today then you are dead wrong.
    Today he did all the things he hasn't done in the previous two games... whether it's a fluke or whether he's getting closer to full match fitness... time will tell.

Yes, Carroll is still a ways off where he could and should be - but this was a very good performance from him.

Over all... not a bad game... we started in the barnstorming fashion that destroyed Liverpool a while back... but were then completely sucker punched on the counter and went a goal down.
    We looked a little shaky for a while after that... all our hustle and bustle was seeming to get us nowhere... but then Carroll did exactly what he was supposed to do... he scored.
    And also following on from my criticisms of the team in recent weeks... we attacked... had 4 players up in the box looking for knock downs or opportunities to score...

Jenkinson played a blinder...

but the big difference for me was actually one player... as much as it's hard and unfair to put all the emphasis on one player... but Alex Song really is on a different level to everyone else on that pitch.

Still... things are looking okay... strength in depth... the ability to rip teams to shreds, the spirit to not drop our heads when we go a goal behind, goals coming from 12 different players so far...

Third place - even for a day - is pretty cool... and we have a fairly decent run in to the christmas period when hopefully the wheels will have completely fallen off at Chelsea and the Arse will still be searching for some form... so we could be looking at heading into 2015 in a very comfortable place in the european places...

It's nice being a happy hammer...
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm

I arrived late today (bloody Christmas shoppers) Abbi told me we had been 'on top' since kick off.  So when they scored, against the run of play, I was most disappointed. Mainly because they sliced through our defence like a hot knife through butter.

I wasn't too downhearted though and sensed from our teams response, that we would turn it around.  And we did, after holding off a spell of confidence play from Swansea......... Andy Carroll was delighted to get his first goal since coming back from injury and ran to celebrate his second with the back room staff. He was then highly pissed, not to be passed the ball that would have given him the hat trick. But Sakho hit the post, and was well in his rights to have a go.  Carroll will forgive him, as these two continue to compliment each other like peaches and cream or fish and chips even!

The away side certainly noticed the inclusion of Diafra Sakho from the start of the second half.  The dozy linesman had him as offside a couple of times, he worried their goalie enough to get him sent off, forced the substitute goalkeeper to make a few saves and bought out the best of Carroll.  

Anyway enough of those two ....... Other things of note: Reid and Tomkins got their act together after Swansea went in front. Downing and Jenkinson were immense delivering crosses and getting the ball into the box. Couldn't understand why Jenkinson was subbed....Song intercepting balls in midfield, followed by pin point passing. Everyone else doing their bit to make it another team performance.

Well done lads !

Post  IronDane on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 9:37 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:I think you're wrong. He worked his bollix off creating space - it is a valuable asset he brings and will be even more evident now we have pace in the team. Also he is still not up to full fitness, so even more so it makes his off the ball work even more commendable. He is also showing there is a place, even a first choice place for him, even with the success of Sakho and Valencia. He has great character, not the Billy Big bollix I thought he would be when he first came to us.

Nolan gives us nothing; he is not even getting into the spaces and knock downs AC creates - and even if he did Sakho or Valencia would get to them first and quicker. His days are extremely numbered.
    Agree with everything you say. We have Valencia, Sakho and Carroll and they are really really good all of them. We now have a lot of ways that we can put together our attack and we should just be happy with this. Nolan, I don't know what he is doing there, but even with him on the field, we can play this well, what can we not do with someone else in his spot ? The only thing that worries me is our defence tactics, but wth, if we can be the new Liverpool of last season, I don't care if we concede a few goals ..
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

As a strike partnership, Carroll and Sakho could well be the real deal, Carroll was a handfull all day and when introduced, Sakho once again showed he is a top class striker, knows where the back of the net is and could have scored 3.
    IMO, Song was our best player and man of the match, he is a class act and pulled all the strings.
    Nolan once again was a passenger and Fat Sam needs to sort this out asap.
    More of the same please boys.
    Happy Days, Happy Hammers

alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:54 pm

With two Carroll shirts I'm biased at the best of times, but I thought he looked very good yesterday. I have NEVER seen the MOTD studio panel talk about west ham for so long in such positive terms. Was great to hear. 

Think I heard a rumour Jenkinson is injured. hopefully. not.

Happy days, happy hammer
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:01 pm

alfiehammer wrote:With two Carroll shirts I'm biased at the best of times, but I thought he looked very good yesterday. I have NEVER seen the MOTD studio panel talk about west ham for so long in such positive terms. Was great to hear. 

Think I heard a rumour Jenkinson is injured. hopefully. not.

Happy days, happy hammer

Not a rumour Alfie. He went off holding his hamstring :-(
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm

yup, Jenkinson was taking off for an injury... but Sam says he's hopefully not going to miss anything as a result...

we'll see

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:05 pm