West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint

Poll

Do you want 3pm Saturday kick off's shown live on TV?

[ 3 ]
    SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Bar_left60%SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Bar_left40%SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Bar_right [40%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Empty SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 10 Dec 2014, 12:37 pm

WHUFC Article - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As previously outlined, the new SAB are now to represent the Club in external settings. With that in mind, there was discussion of Ofcom's current enquiry into the impact of Barclays Premier League broadcasting rights on match attendees, particularly where 3pm Saturday kick-offs are concerned. It is thought likely that supporters' trusts and groups will be asked for their opinions and feedback on the matter.

Information on the Virgin Ofcom Complaint [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Empty Re: SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint

Post  Campo Wed 10 Dec 2014, 9:31 pm

No, there has to be some games that are not on the TV live in order to keep people going to the games in the stadiums at 3 o'clock on a Saturday
    Even at non-league level you see a decline on a tuesday night game if a London team is playing Champions league, Showing every game live on TV will be the final nail in the coffin
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint Empty Re: SAB Meeting (09.12.14) and the Virgin Ofcom Complaint

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 11 Dec 2014, 8:49 am

I agree Campo which is why I'd vote no too.

But, I am local. It doesnt cost me any more money to travel to home games as its covered by my oyster card and I will nearly always find the money for a season ticket. But what about fans who are abroad or can not afford to go to games.

I think it is in the interest of each club to stream their home games live at a reasonable cost. They could still have live games on TV like they do now but there would be less pressure to dance to the TV companies tunes.

For me it comes down to once again ticket prices, if ticket prices were halved more fans could afford to go and there wouldn't be so much of an issue if they were on TV.

I can see though that eventually all prem games will be shown live and all we will need to do it hit the red button.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:42 am

The only way would be as you say stream all games at a cost , like maybe getting a stream season ticket, but the cost of going to the game must come down to a price that most could afford

you can get a cheap Bayern Munich season ( £110) ticket for less than a Conference South club (£150 and Basingstoke is one of the lowest)

other examples of taking the mick (cheapest season tickets)
    £299 Aldershot (conf prem)
    £350 Southend (L2)
    £345 Chesterfield (L1)
    £480 Bournemouth (champ)

So it cost over 3 times as much to see Southend as it does Bayern Munich, its just rotten

AC Milan ST £163
    PSV ST £198
    PSG ST £336

Barca's most expensive season ticket is still £80 cheaper than one at the Boleyn

it is getting out of hand now

one idea is to bring in safe standing which would bring in areas of the ground for lower entrance fees

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 13 Dec 2014, 8:12 am

Campo wrote:The only way would be as you say stream all games at a cost , like maybe getting a stream season ticket, but the cost of going to the game must come down to a price that most could afford

you can get a cheap Bayern Munich season ( £110)  ticket for less than a Conference South club (£150 and Basingstoke is one of the lowest)

other examples of taking the mick (cheapest season tickets)
    £299 Aldershot (conf prem)
    £350 Southend (L2)
    £345 Chesterfield (L1)
    £480 Bournemouth (champ)

So it cost over 3 times as much to see Southend as it does Bayern Munich, its just rotten

AC Milan ST £163
    PSV ST £198
    PSG ST £336

Barca's most expensive season ticket is still £80 cheaper than one at the Boleyn

it is getting out of hand now

one idea is to bring in safe standing which would bring in areas of the ground for lower entrance fees

I read the thread and replies before the article, which I will go away and do now. Looking at that though, its amazing how expensive and English ST is compared to even European giants prices. 

I should really read the article before replying, but i'm going to do both incase my argument gets swayed. Living in Tunbridge Wales (!) and working 7 days a week at the moment, not a chance of me getting to a game so I'd love to be able to buy something like a live streaming season ticket. However i'd hate to see WEST HAM's i particular and non league games attendance's suffer heavily if we all switched to armchair fans (remember him?) at of ease/cost/convenience.  

Off to read the article now. I can't see it suggesting anything that will change my opinion- the most important thing is fans attending the game and noisily supporting there teams. 

Off subject, I'd LOVE a dedicated standing and singing area at UP (the OS). I reckon they will return one day

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:45 pm