West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Tony P
Campo
daib0
7 posters

Our Samrit

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Our Samrit Empty Our Samrit

Post  daib0 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 11:38 am

Our Samrit (Reading FC owner Samrit Bunditkitsada) has posted 'Goodbye & Good luck' on his Facebook page.

Now, questions arise. Is he saying goodbye to Adkins because he's been sacked?

Is he saying goodbye to the fans because his involvement at Reading is finished?

Is it something more personal like a friend leaving?

Whatever it is, a lot of Royals will be making assumptions....

Let's see ...
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Our Samrit Empty Re: Our Samrit

Post  Campo Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:34 pm

Very strange
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 7:46 pm

I don't think anyone would argue that he's a nice guy, albeit with a bad case of verbal diarrhoea. But we need an effective manager, not a nice guy.

Betting

Steve Clarke 1/2
    Tony Pulis 6/1
    Tim Sherwood 7/1
    Chris Hughton 7/1
    Eamonn Dolan This selection has been suspended
    Karl Robinson 10/1
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 16/1
    Tony Mowbray 16/1
    Mark Cooper 18/1
    Uwe Rosler 20/1
    Phil Parkinson 20/1
    Brian McDermott 20/1
    Paul Clement 20/1
    Billy Davies 25/1
    Glenn Hoddle 25/1
    Steven Pressley 25/1
    Mike Phelan 25/1
    Paul Groves 33/1

SkyBet have suspended betting on next Reading manger, Steve Clarke expected to be announced soon.

Clarke wouldn't rock the boat. A nice,safe and relatively cheap option...

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:50 pm

Can't say I have shed any tears for Nigel Adkins. Smug as hell when he was Southampton manager. Never gave any opposition team credit when they got beaten. It was always their mistakes/poor refereeing decision/lucky goal etc etc

Good riddance. Back to League One where you belong
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:19 pm

yeah, 90% of Reading fans had turned against him, many had doubts in the close season ...
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:40 pm

New odds - need someone quick. The entire management has left, no-one even to pick the team for Saturday ...  Our Samrit 1290824782

Steve Clarke 4/6
    Rene Meulensteen 2/1
    Eamonn Dolan 3/1
    Tim Sherwood 12/1
    Chris Hughton 14/1
    Tony Pulis 16/1
    Jimmy Kebe 20/1  Our Samrit 276048800 how the hell does he got on this list?
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 20/1
    Tony Mowbray 20/1
    Glenn Hoddle 25/1
    Uwe Rosler 25/1
    Mark Cooper 25/1
    Phil Parkinson 25/1
    Karl Robinson 25/1
    Paul Clement 25/1
    Brian McDermott 25/1
    Billy Davies 25/1
    Mike Phelan 25/1
    Steven Pressley 33/1
    Paul Groves 33/1
    Ally McCoist 40/1

The firing of Adkins is the 27th managerial change in English football, already reaching the full season total from the previous campaign

So ... who actually picks the team for Saturday then? The whole management team has got out!!

And who will miss the unassuming and purposeful post match comments from such a generous manager always taking his hat off to the opposition Wink Very Happy .
    Such as after the Birmingham 1-6 nightmare this past weekend:
    "It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline. Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it."
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:09 am

daib0 wrote:New odds - need someone quick. The entire management has left, no-one even to pick the team for Saturday ...  Our Samrit 1290824782

Steve Clarke 4/6
    Rene Meulensteen 2/1
    Eamonn Dolan 3/1
    Tim Sherwood 12/1
    Chris Hughton 14/1
    Tony Pulis 16/1
    Jimmy Kebe 20/1  Our Samrit 276048800 how the hell does he got on this list?
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 20/1
    Tony Mowbray 20/1
    Glenn Hoddle 25/1
    Uwe Rosler 25/1
    Mark Cooper 25/1
    Phil Parkinson 25/1
    Karl Robinson 25/1
    Paul Clement 25/1
    Brian McDermott 25/1
    Billy Davies 25/1
    Mike Phelan 25/1
    Steven Pressley 33/1
    Paul Groves 33/1
    Ally McCoist 40/1

The firing of Adkins is the 27th managerial change in English football, already reaching the full season total from the previous campaign

So ... who actually picks the team for Saturday then? The whole management team has got out!!

And who will miss the unassuming and purposeful post match comments from such a generous manager always taking his hat off to the opposition Wink Very Happy .
    Such as after the Birmingham 1-6 nightmare this past weekend:
    "It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline. Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it."

Just add me to the the list! I'll do it on the cheap for you Daibo ! just pay my air fare up there and I'll sort the shite out for you.!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:45 am

Adkins is a total plumb and got lucky at the saints with the squad he had, bloke is a fraud bit like Brendon Rodgers
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:45 am

manurewa hammer wrote:

Just add me to the the list!  I'll do it on the cheap for you Daibo ! just pay my air fare up there and I'll sort the shite out for you.!

Our Royals Rendezvous Admin is applying. He's still a teenager!!!

To whom it concerns,

Following your sacking of Nigel Adkins, I would like to put myself forward as a candidate to be the next Reading manager.

As a lifelong Reading fan, I have been alarmed at the demise of the club since the appointment of the previous manager and I feel that a supporter of the club would help bring back the passion that has been lost at the club in the last few years – and in turn revive the club’s fortunes.

With the current squad, I believe that a mid-table position is achievable this season – with the potential to be in and around the play-off picture for the 2015-16 season, depending on the financial situation of the club.

I strongly support continuing to fund the academy, which has proved very successful over the last decade – and I would intend to develop the younger players with a mix of first team football at Reading and away on loan at another club.

I would like the team to play attacking football, with the long term goal of having a passing style of football – similar to that of Arsenal. In the short term, a more direct style of play may be needed, due to the players in the current squad.

Out the current playing squad, I believe that a few players should probably be moved on at the earliest possible opportunity: Pavel Pogrebnyak, Danny Guthrie and Hal Robson-Kanu, due to the financial situation at the club. The sale of these players would help reduce the wage bill and bring in money via transfer fees which would help the club comply with Financial Fair Play, without the effect of damaging the team’s overall strength.

Regards,

Clyde

What do you think...?
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm

BBC

Steve Clarke: Reading set to appoint ex-West Brom manager

Championship side Reading are set to appoint former West Bromwich Albion head coach Steve Clarke as their new manager. Clarke, 51, will replace Nigel Adkins, who was sacked on Monday following Saturday's 6-1 defeat by Birmingham. The ex-Chelsea assistant boss has been out of work since leaving West Brom almost exactly 12 months ago.

Reading, who have lost nine of their last 15 matches in all competitions, are 16th in the Championship table. The Royals won four of their first seven league matches this term but Adkins came under increasing pressure during a poor run of form, culminating in a heavy defeat at St Andrew's on Saturday.

Clarke took over at The Hawthorns in June 2012, replacing Roy Hodgson at the Black Country club following the 67-year-old's appointment as England manager. It was the Scot's first managerial role, having previously been assistant boss at Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool.

It is expected Clarke will be unveiled on Tuesday and is to be in place for Saturday's visit of Watford. A Thai consortium took Reading over in September after former owner Anton Zingarevich left the club in June 2014.

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 16 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

I think you have a good Manager in Steve Clarke , I thought he did a good Job at West Brom and was wrongly sacked , I think if your chairmen gives him the money to spend in January and in the Summer and the Time etc he will get you back in to the Premiership in the next couple of seasons
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm

Arran H wrote:I think you have a good Manager in Steve Clarke , I thought he did a good Job at West Brom and was wrongly sacked , I think if your chairmen gives him the money to spend in January and in the Summer and the Time etc he will get you back in to the Premiership in the next couple of seasons

and by then YOU'LL be Champions League!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:22 pm

Arran H wrote:I think you have a good Manager in Steve Clarke , I thought he did a good Job at West Brom and was wrongly sacked , I think if your chairmen gives him the money to spend in January and in the Summer and the Time etc he will get you back in to the Premiership in the next couple of seasons

win rate of 32%
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm

I like Clarke, good appointment that for you. 

Just how bad is your financial position then?
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I like Clarke, good appointment that for you. 

Just how bad is your financial position then?

Well, not good, but the financial side is over my head I'm afraid. But it's laid out here if you know how to interprete it:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

giggle of the evening from a Southampton Forum, after getting played off the park by the northern Vultures this evening

No, I agree, If Koeman trots out his usual drivel "we are playing well, I am not concherned, we make plenty of oppurchoonities" then he can eff right off.
    Bring back NIGEL ADKINS!!!

rofl smiley
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:14 am

You should be okay with Clarke, Daibo. I rate him. Er, actually .... that's usually the kiss of death. Our Samrit 3953004961

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:58 pm