West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
Arran H
alfiehammer
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
westhamonkey
9 posters

West Ham vs. Stoke

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

West Ham vs. Stoke Empty West Ham vs. Stoke

Post  westhamonkey Fri 10 Apr 2015, 3:25 am

Well this is a real 6-pointer. Looks like the Trent Thuggees will be contesting 9th or 10th place with us and so we really need to get back to winning ways and grab all 3 points.

Will we?

What's the team?

How's it gonna go?

Ugh...

Doubt it...

Does it matter?

We'll either be comprehensively outplayed in all departments or we'll flatter to deceive and concede a goal in the last five minutes to lose the game...

You know... the West Ham way
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Ham vs. Stoke Empty Re: West Ham vs. Stoke

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 10 Apr 2015, 10:50 am

Like to think we will get 3 points however can't see nothing but the white flag going up.

Our team do not seem to be motivated to win.

Hope I'm wrong because they expect me to pay for 3 season tickets next season and if we lose I can't say I'm motivated to pay.

Just a big disappointment since Christmas.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 10 Apr 2015, 4:39 pm

BBC Sport wrote:

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

• Venue: Upton Park

• Date: Saturday, 11 April

TEAM NEWS

West Ham striker Enner Valencia is available to face Stoke after recovering from a toe injury.
    However, James Collins is expected to miss the rest of the season after dislocating a shoulder.
    Stoke are set to recall Victor Moses, who was ineligible against his parent club Chelsea last week.
    Marc Wilson has a broken hand and will have to wear a protective cast in order to play.
    Jon Walters has a minor knee injury but his participation is not thought to be in serious doubt.

MATCH PREVIEW

On paper, a game between two clubs in ninth and 10th place - locked together on 42 points - has an end of season feel to it.
    West Ham's return of 11 points from their last 14 games has somewhat ruined their season, and initially appeared to see their European hopes fade and die - just like the bubbles in their famous anthem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Stoke are unbeaten in three games against West Ham. They did the double over them last season, with a Jermaine Pennant free-kick handing them a 1-0 win at Upton Park.
    • West Ham have kept only one clean sheet in their last six top-flight home matches against Stoke.

West Ham

• The Hammers have lost four of their last five matches and won only once in their last nine (W1, D3, L5).
    • They have kept only one clean sheet in 15 games against other sides in the top half of the table.
    • Sam Allardyce's side are yet to concede at home inside the opening 15 minutes, a record only Arsenal can match.
    • West Ham have scored a league-high 15 headers so far this season.
    • The Hammers are the only side in the Premier League yet to score from a penalty this season.

Stoke

• Stoke could equal their worst Premier League run of four successive defeats, last suffered in February 2012.
    • Mark Hughes' side have lost seven of 13 games against clubs in the top half of the table.
    • The Potters are yet to be involved in a goalless draw, a record only matched by free-scoring Arsenal and Manchester City.
    • Hughes has won six and lost only one of his last 10 Premier League encounters with Sam Allardyce.
    • Charlie Adam has had 25 shots from outside the penalty area in the league this season. His only goal was last weekend's effort from inside his own half.
    • Peter Crouch is one headed goal away from setting a new Premier League record. He currently shares the record of 46 with Alan Shearer.

It's true that the team do not seem motivated Charlie. Not just you, but maybe hundreds are holding back on their season ticket renewal. Unless the chairmen are relying on it being our last season at the Boleyn and are 100% certain that there are enough waiting to snap one up, maybe it's time for them to place a few squibs and set them alight!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 3:01 am

christ on a bike... without Ginge we'll be fucked.

either this post Xmas slump has really put the boot in or this whole 'renaissance of glorious football' was a bit flattering to deceive.

but I thought I read somewhere that our goals scored was like 45 two seasons ago, 42 last season and 41 this season... so it looks like not much has changed, improved or whatever...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 11 Apr 2015, 7:52 am

Its all about not getting any bookings and reds and sneaking into europe via the fair play league now isn't it? West Ham vs. Stoke 3953004961
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 11 Apr 2015, 8:34 am

I agree , maybe we should now just try and avoid getting any more bookings and Red cards and try to qualify for Europa through the fair play league as that will help us to attract decent players also Help us to keep Jenkinson and Song etc

I think we will finish this season in the Top 10 just about tho ether in 10th or 9th not any higher , Today`s game is going to be very tough but at least we should see Sakho and Valencia back upfront together now which is a bonus
    I guess Amalfitano is likely replacement for Kouyate in Midfield as Kouyate will no doubt be pushed back into defence to partner Reid with Collins out

I`m going to say a 1-1 draw is the best I think we can hope for today considering are poor form lately
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 11 Apr 2015, 9:22 am

I think that should read James TOMKINS and not James Collins !!
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 11 Apr 2015, 2:25 pm

Wish I was as confident as you lot predicting a 1:0 or a 1:1 - I'm going for Stoke to win 2:0 :-(
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 11 Apr 2015, 3:48 pm

1-0....my hammer of the year tip...Oh, that is first class! West Ham take the lead with their first attack as left-back Aaron Cresswell steps up to curl a belter of a free-kick into the top corner from all of 25 yards. That was a fantastic hit!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

Well that wasn't the worst half of football we've played recently.

Excellent free kick... curled into the top corner.

Tony is right... if only the media did their fact checking (not that we were much better) then yes... Collins is in and it's Tomo with the damaged shoulder.
    But it does go to show how the media does just parrot what someone else says without even bothering to check it out...

This is our big 6-pointer of the current season and we're looking pretty decent so far.

Hopefully more of the same in the 2nd half which is about to kick off.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm

oh no... the TV feed just disappeared...

so I'm watching the Sunderland Palace game... where Palace are crushing the Sunders and people are streaming for the exits...

At this rate we'll be struggling to stay above Palace, not jut Stoke and the like...

Where's my goddamn game gone!!!!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm

well this is weird... fortunately I tape? TiVo? the game... record it however it's described these days...

and the recording is working fine... but there's still no 'live' feed on the telly... weird

Anyways... just caught up with the game to see joy of joys... Sikh coming off and Carlton Cole come on... so we better hang on and stop Stoke scoring as we've obviously decided that one goal is enough for us...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

now Nolan is on for Song... so it's division 1 football from now on.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

shit... almost in off the post... lucky escape for us.

we look toothless up front - apart from Kayoute... who's a midfielder

Cole is pointless
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sat 11 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

West Ham vs. Stoke 2723394577 so we let in another late goal, 95th minute West Ham vs. Stoke 200143081 fuppin peeed off
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Sat 11 Apr 2015, 5:24 pm

We defend so deep I'm surprised BFS didn't bring on Captain Nemo and Jacques Cousteau... angry2
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 11 Apr 2015, 5:27 pm

its getting harder and harder to defend big same by the week. 

All the papers full of Sam wanting to manage man u this week. Man U were famous for scoring late goals, Sam is getting famous for conceding them...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 11 Apr 2015, 7:01 pm

Lucky to get a point today.
    Apart from the first 6 minutes we were awful.
    Looks like the season is over.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 8:42 pm

It's got to this point... I'm a laughing stock at home.

My room mate is American, has no interest in or understanding of football...

I said to her just now... 'have a guess what happened in today's footie"

This is her exact response.

"you played really well, you scored a goal... you were doing really well and everyone was happy then right at the last minute the other guys scored and you lost"

okay... so we didn't actually lose - it feels like it but we didn't actually lose...

But we've actually become a predictable joke in my own household

That's how fupping shitty we currently are...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:01 pm