West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Jiggs
alfiehammer
mottinghammer
Campo
8 posters

Ticket prices at the OS

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Ticket prices at the OS Empty Ticket prices at the OS

Post  Campo Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:19 am

Despite it saying its due to the TV, I suspect its to get bums on seats

from the BBC

West Ham reduce ticket prices after record television deal

West Ham have become the first club to announce they will reduce season ticket prices as a result of the Premier League's record television deal.
    Sky and BT Sport have paid £5.13bn for live Premier League television rights for three seasons from 2016-17.
    West Ham's cheapest adult season ticket that season will cost £289, down from between £620 and £940 for the 2014-15 campaign.
    The 2016-17 season will be the club's first at the Olympic Stadium.
    West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady said: "We have always said that the move to our magnificent new stadium would be a game changer for West Ham.
    "It was a chance to increase revenue, invest in the team and improve our performance on the pitch, but without putting an extra financial burden on the supporters who already come to watch every home match.
    "This announcement proves we have kept our promise."
    Although the cost of season tickets at West Ham are rising for the 2015-16 season by a maximum of 5%, they will fall again for the following campaign as the new television deal begins.
    The Olympic Stadium will have 19,000 more seats than the 35,016 at West Ham's current home, Upton Park.
    The club is paying £2m a year to rent their new ground.
    If they are still in the Premier League in 2016-17, the club say their cheapest adult season tickets will cost £289, which means fans will pay £15.20 for each of their 19 home league games.
    All season tickets for under-16s will be cut to £99 - or £5.21 per match.

Since the television deal was announced, there have been protests at a number of Premier League clubs, including Crystal Palace and Liverpool, as supporters vent their anger at the cost of watching football.
    BBC Sport's Price of Football survey showed that 15 of the 20 Premier League teams offered cheaper 2014-15 season tickets than West Ham.
    Manchester City had the cheapest tickets at £299.
    Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, has called for more clubs to drop ticket prices.
    "Any reduction is welcome, so two cheers for West Ham for that," he told BBC Sport.
    "But before we give them three cheers, we await to see what they do about price categories, what they do about away fans and what they do with ordinary admission.
    "We're hopeful this is the first of many moves by the clubs to significantly reduce ticket prices. We will definitely keep up the pressure to ensure it happens.
    "Now the other clubs have a year to respond, so let's see who can offer the lowest season ticket in a year's time."
    Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "West Ham's announcement is further evidence that Premier League clubs do offer stretch pricing and think about providing opportunities for families and young people when considering ticket offers for their fans."
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Ticket prices at the OS Empty Re: Ticket prices at the OS

Post  mottinghammer Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:22 am

We can't do right by anyone these days!
    Colin Murray on Talksport attacked West ham as he viewed this as a cynical way of getting bums on seats Ticket prices at the OS 2723394577

FFS of course its a means of getting bums on seats, its a fuppin business after all, BUT the club has reduced prices, £640 to £289 is a massive drop in price, which will mean that we have more of a chance of filling the stadium. It remains to be seen if prices will drop for the likes of me, but with U16 prices dropping to £99 it will help to promote the club with the fans of the future, and is a very sensible, shrewd business move.

However we are West Ham and i'm sure we will be slagged off in the media as since the Tevez affair this club can do no right by some people Ticket prices at the OS 200143081
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:06 pm

Colin Murray is a muppet of the highest order then. Always seemed to make more sense to get more bums at a seat at a lower price. It creates habit. Also the chance of further revenue through food and drink. And the club store. Slashes prices, get people going, form habits, get increased money from add on sales. Simples.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

Wow! Whether it's because of the TV revenue, Lady Brady's claims of our move to the OS or even a bit of both, that's a huge difference. 

Most welcome to all, and especially me, who is struggling to find the last 200 quid I need for mine.  (Praying that the coffers from the Bank of Mum & Dad will come to my rescue)   Ticket prices at the OS 780148547
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:52 pm

you think Colin Murrey has the knives out, wait until that twat Goughy gets going this afternoon
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

Obviously this Colin Murray person is quite ignorant about business. Pricing a commodity to match the supply (of seats) is a method of driving demand that's been going on since Roman times so I'm surprised he's never heard of it before. It's a very sensible (but obvious) that it's better to fill the stadium at x pounds than have it half empty at y pounds. Everyone's a winner. I guess Mr Murray is a Charlton supporter.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

It's an exercise to get bums on seats because at our current capacity we're about 15,000 a week below what we need to fill the OS.
    Given the shit state of our performances and general dislike of our manager - not to mention the ongoing uncertainty over his future - people are not in any way likely to make a big effort to rush to renew or purchase if they don't already have one.

So, the obvious route is to take some of that lovely TV money and use it to put in a loss-leader type situation whereby ticket prices drop substantially and people rush to buy season tickets - which combined with the thrill of the new stadium should mean that we're likely to see close to full houses when we finally move there.

And at a cost of about a third of a current S.T. it is a ploy that actually works in favor of the punter. SO, there's really nothing to complain about whether you look at it cynically or not.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having the cheapest ticket prices in the premiership - let's just hope that doesn't go hand in hand with the shittiest football.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

What a con !

Last season £845. 2015-2016 £879. 2016-2017 £899. A reduction of 3% on 2015/16 but it is still MORE than last seasons prices !

CategoryBand 1Band 2Band 3Band 4
    Adult£899
    (Down 3%)
    £799
    (Down 7%)
    £599
    (Down 25%)
    £499
    (Down 23%)
    Over-65s£450
    (Down 3%)
    £399
    (Down 7%)
    £299
    (Down 26%)
    £250
    (Down 23%)
    Under-21s£450
    (Down 3%)
    £399
    (Down 7%)
    £299
    (Down 26%)
    £250
    (Down 23%)
    Under-16s£99
    (Reduction of up to 61%)
    £99
    (Reduction of up to 59%)
    £99
    (Reduction of up to 57%)
    £99
    (Reduction of up to 51%)
    Disabled Adult£450
    (Down 1%)
    £399
    (Down 12%)
    £299
    (Down 34%)
    £250
    (Down 45%)

Plus we had to pay a 25% deposit by mid-April and in full by May or lose our seat. Next season we will have to pay another 25% deposit in the autumn to ensure that we have a seat for the first season in the new stadium

Who are they trying to kid?!
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:40 am

So by your table and figures Mr P the prices have risen???

I'm confused, how is that a saving???
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:So by your table and figures Mr P the prices have risen???

I'm confused, how is that a saving???
    You tell me. They put them up last season and this so by the time they apply their oh so generous discount they will be at the price they were last season. Clever !
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm

The £289 ticket that they keep harping on about as being the price of the lowest band, is only true because they are introducing a new Band 5 ......... Waaaaaaaaaay up in the Gods? or out in the concourse watching on the little screen? confu
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 25 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm

i'm working towards finding a job where i can have weekends off and get a ST for then. Be nice to be at the last Upton Park game too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:55 pm