West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
westhamonkey
manurewa hammer
Campo
Admin
8 posters

Moyes at UP

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Moyes at UP Empty Moyes at UP

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2015, 6:46 pm

Apparently West Ham are willing to double his income per year to get him at UP , it now stands at £1,5
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Moyes at UP Empty Re: Moyes at UP

Post  Campo Thu 07 May 2015, 8:07 am

double his wages will be the same as what Sam is getting , so no increase there
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 11 May 2015, 4:22 am

Campo wrote:double his wages will be the same as what Sam is getting , so no increase there
    Apparently the answers still NO! Good job, don't want him anyway.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 11 May 2015, 6:14 am

why would we want Moyes instead of Sam?

makes no sense to me.

his only claim to fame is managing everton... so what does that get you?

it gets you a bloke who managed a club that year in - year out were basically mid table at best

almost every year they would do one of two things... they would either start really well, be full of promise and then in the second half, undo all that good work and drop down the table - saved only by their good form in the first half of the season...

or...

they'd start terribly... look certain for relegation then in the second half of the season stage a bit of a revival - somewhat similar to Leicester this year - and end up safe above the relegation zone

so the thing is...

we already have that with Sam in charge...

so unless Sam is walking away from the club... what's the point of just replacing him with someone who does pretty much exactly the same thing?

surely we want a manager like a new player... someone who's going to push us further than we've been, take us to greater heights than we've currently achieved.

Moyes gives us none of that

and it's not like Everton were the toast of English football when he was in charge either... they were dogged, determined, unspectacular... but just as often... shite.

in other words... exactly what we currently have.

so I don't see any point in bringing in Moyes

if Moyes is our only choice then I'd say stick with Sam for one more season... give him a one year contract... if we end up as shit as this season then bring n someone bigger and better for the OS season... if he somehow makes us play like the first part of the season and can keep that momentum for a whole season... then maybe give him another couple of years...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 11 May 2015, 7:17 am

Moyes and his representatives have said that he has no intention of leaving Spain in the summer so why are "we" still discussing it?

Nothing to see here. Move along
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 11 May 2015, 4:00 pm

Everton frequently punched above their weight with Moyes, were never relegated and saw Europe a few times. Ignoring whether we want him, or he wants us - how can anyone belittle that as "below" us - a team that has yo-yo'd between mid table and relegation for 40 years and never won a thing for 35??

I know we all love our club (whichever club that may be) but got to have some sense of proportion.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 12 May 2015, 5:50 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Everton frequently punched above their weight with Moyes, were never relegated and saw Europe a few times. Ignoring whether we want him, or he wants us - how can anyone belittle that as "below" us - a team that has yo-yo'd between mid table and relegation for 40 years and never won a thing for 35??

I know we all love our club (whichever club that may be) but got to have some sense of proportion.

I'm not saying it's 'below' - I'm saying it's not an improvement... so why change what we have for something that not any better.

Moyes (and i know his reps have said he's staying in Spain - and thank fupp for that) doesn't offer us anything better than we already have... he's just someone different.

I want to see this club improving... like I said elsewhere... that's a difficult call... a 50,000+ seater stadium, European (hopefully) and Premier League top ten football... we need to be pissing in the same upon as Spuds, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc...

That's not a Moyes-like appointment...

That's what makes this decision so difficult for us - especially at this time.

BFSA got this shower of shit team playing awesome football a few months ago... now he looks like he couldn't get us a victory against a schoolboy 2nd team...

So the big 'if' is ... do you give him one more year to kinda shit or get off the pot or do you ditch him now - but if you DO ditch him now then you have to bring in someone bigger and better or else you're just being pissy and making a change for the sake of a change.

Anyway... you probably weren't talking about me... but them is me thoughts...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 12 May 2015, 6:21 am

c&p'd this from West Ham news in Facebook... seems they c&p'd it from the Telegraph:

Sam Allardyce will reject any offer to stay on as West Ham United manager at the end of the season and he is understood to have turned down a tentative approach from the club’s board to open talks over a new deal.
    It was widely expected that Allardyce would depart Upton Park, with his contract expiring, but West Ham have experienced frustration with targets Jürgen Klopp, David Moyes and Eddie Howe.
    Klopp, who has announced that he will leave his position as Borussia Dortmund manager this summer, was sounded out via intermediaries but is prepared to wait until he makes his next career move.
    Moyes is highly regarded by the West Ham board but he has made it clear that he will be staying at Real Sociedad for another season, while Howe will not leave Bournemouth after guiding the club to the Premier League by winning the Championship title.
    West Ham have other options, which could include Michael Laudrup, the club’s former defender Slaven Bilic and Napoli’s Rafael Benítez, yet any hopes of persuading Allardyce to stay on will be turned down by the 60-year-old.
    Allardyce is understood to have two other offers, one in England and one abroad, and one of those could be Fulham who are expected to search for a new manager after another season of underachievement in the Championship.
    His future will not be at West Ham, however, and he has decided that he will leave the club even if they make a firm proposal to him in the next few weeks. Sources at West Ham have insisted that there was an approach made to Allardyce recently, with a new two-year deal potentially on offer, but it was declined.
    That leaves West Ham facing a possible headache with their options diminishing, ahead of a crucial 12 months when they prepare to move into the Olympic Stadium for the 2016-17 season.
    Allardyce is on the brink of securing a top-10 Premier League finish and could even clinch a place in the Europa League next season. West Ham are second in the fair play league, behind Liverpool, but could qualify if they can finish with fewer bookings than nearest rivals Everton, who they play on Saturday.
    It has been a difficult final campaign for Allardyce, with injuries to the club’s record signing Andy Carroll and Diafra Sakho leaving him woefully short of attacking options. He has also been criticised by supporters over his tactics and style of play despite a concentrated attempt to bring in more flair players last summer. Allardyce is adamant that the season has been a success.
    “Our position is to try to get 50 points or better and finish in the top half where we have been all season. It will be very disappointing for me if we don’t manage that,” he said. “I know we have more points than we have ever got, we are one better off than year one, but we have to get to the 50 mark and stay in the top half.”
    Allardyce’s departure this summer will end a tenure of four years in east London, following his appointment as manager in June 2011. Telegraph
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 12 May 2015, 11:10 am

As long as he goes, I couldn't care less whether he jumps or is pushed.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 12 May 2015, 8:26 pm

Allardyce "hasn't rejected anything"
    by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on May 12th, 2015
    Moyes at UP Comment_sm[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Moyes at UP Plusone_share_sm 0
    Moyes at UP Addthis_share_sm 

Moyes at UP Blog_677403_2724389_1431458193
    Reports emerged last night that Sam Allardyce has ​rejected a "tentative" approach from the club’s board to open talks over a new deal
    The article which was published on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] website last night reported that Allardyce had turned ​down a "tentative" approach from the club’s board to open talks over a new two-year contract and will reject any further proposals made to him in the next few weeks.

The Telegraph's John Percy wrote: ​"Sources at West Ham have insisted that there was an approach made to Allardyce recently, with a new two-year deal potentially on offer, but it was declined."

But today, Ken Dyer of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]today has dismissed the Telegraph article and reports that Allardyce hasn't rejected anything. 

Dyer, who is arguably one of the most well-connected journalists when it comes to all things West Ham and also works at the same paper that Allardyce pens a column for wrote: "A West Ham spokesman denied that (Allardyce had rejected a tentative offer) and said a decision on the manager’s future will not be made until the end of the season." Dyer also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]that a source close to Allardyce insisted the 60 year-old “hadn’t rejected anything”

The article in the Standard does still report that ​the chances of Sam Allardyce still being West Ham manager next season look "increasingly doubtful."
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 12 May 2015, 8:31 pm

To be fair I think Big Sam may be as sick of us as we are of him
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 13 May 2015, 8:41 pm

Campo wrote:To be fair I think Big Sam may be as sick of us as we are of him

I would agree. There's a good few clubs, major clubs fallen on hard times, who would be happy to see him walk in the door, so why carry on with the constant barrage of sniping and derision here, and dubious "support" from the owners. In his own eyes he's done just what was asked of him and it's not appreciated.
    We have to go into the OS as a Premier League club, so next season will be vital. We needed mid-table security and Sam delivered it, and now it looks like we'll be chucking that for a punt on God-knows-who because it hasn't been pretty enough. Sounds like a typical West Ham " shoot-yourself-in-the-foot" scenario to me.
    Unless Gold, Sullivan and Brady really pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute, I'm fearing that all the excitement next season will be about avoiding the drop. We can't attract a proven top-quality manager and we are going to end up with a third- or fourth-choice candidate. We are going to need an awful lot of luck IMO. Moyes at UP 780148547

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:32 am