General Election Results ...

daib0
    Academy

General Election Results ...

Post  daib0 on Fri May 08, 2015 5:39 am

Who is it best to watch?

BBC1: The magisterial David Dimbleby captains the live results show from 10pm, with Nick Robinson, Emily Maitlis, Vine and Andrew Neil alongside. From 7am on Friday, Huw Edwards takes over, with the BBC promising he will “stay live on air” until we know what’s happening, which presumably is also its zombie invasion plan.

ITV: Political editor Tom Bradby presents, with Julie Etchingham and Nina Hossain, and we are assured there will be no commercial breaks, which is a relief for those worried they might miss the Sheffield Hallam result for a “have you had an accident that wasn’t your fault?” advert. ITV also promises a Commons Calculator, which had better be more exciting than it sounds.

Sky News: It’s Adam Boulton, of course, with political editor Faisal Islam, broadcasting from “a specially created studio”, which sounds slightly unnecessary as you’d have thought they already had a few. Eamonn Holmes, hoping to turn in early, is in Sunderland. Dermot Murnaghan comes on board at 5am on Friday.

Channel 4: It’s Alternative Election Night here – though not that alternative as it has Jeremy Paxman, who said, while dying a little inside: “Elections matter. But that doesn’t mean the coverage has to be dull. I hope there’ll be room for both insight and laughter.” David Mitchell, Cathy Newman and Gary Gibbon are around too. And there’s a special election-themed Gogglebox in which the word “posh” will be heard a lot.

More 4: The real alternative election night, with a live screening of a Donmar Warehouse production, The Vote, which plays out in real time the last 90 minutes of polling station action. Or just go and hang out in your own polling station, but don’t blame me if you don’t see Judi Dench.

How to watch if you’re not in the UK

BBC World is your answer. There you get the full Dimbleby experience as the global channel melds seamlessly with the domestic one to bring you baffling graphics, tired psephologists and overly chirpy politicians all through the UK night. Results programming starts at 7am on Friday AEST; 5pm Thursday EDT; 2pm Thursday PDT. (All other times here are BST.)

CNN International is providing through-the night coverage anchored by Hala Gorani and Max Foster. As part of its coverage it has chartered a Routemaster double-decker to travel around key election locations and is using the hashtag #BigRedBus for that. Social media, I hope you’re proud of yourself.

daib0
    Academy

Re: General Election Results ...

Post  daib0 on Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 am

The Guardian

Pace yourself: the timetable

Polling stations close at 10pm, when broadcasters will spring into action with their result shows.

There will be an exit poll at 10.15pm conducted by the BBC that will give us a strong impression of the overall picture, but the current polls suggest it is so close the real result could still be within the margin of error. Regardless, it will be worth watching the body language of the politicians doing the rounds of the TV studios.

It will be a long night, but thanks to the people of Sunderland, and their speedy paper-flicking, we could see the first declaration, from Houghton & Sunderland South, as early as 11pm. (If you’re wondering how Sunderland always manages to be first past the post

Results will come in throughout the night. We have a fuller guide below on when the key ones are expected, should you want to plan a strategic nap.

But by 6am or 7am on Friday, we should have some idea who’s won what, and who will needing to be talking to whom.

Get your kettles, sandwiches and suasage rolls ready!!

Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Fri May 08, 2015 7:03 am

Bit of luck the thief Maria Miller will be booted out of Basingstoke
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 on Fri May 08, 2015 9:38 am

Common, own up, which member was this?!

Very Happy

westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Fri May 08, 2015 10:38 am

Here in not quite so sunny as usual Los Angeles, I got a choice of BBCA which seems to be taking a live feed of the general BBC coverage...

or...

Live Sky News from me Apple TV

must say, I've kinda surprised to see the same boring old (and getting VERY old) faces as usual... David Dimbleby? Andrew Neil???

Is there no one else in the UK that can add a little liveliness to this bollix?

At least I won't have to stay up to 6am to find out the results...

And where's the Monster Raving Loony Party when you need them?
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 am

it's like being at the movies... among all these new fangled digital effects - and the 'real' MPs populating the potential house of commons is the most frightening thing I've seen in a long time with Ed Miliband sitting there staring blankly and nodding his head like a lobotomy victim...

you know what I really miss?

THE SWING-O-METER
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Fri May 08, 2015 10:46 am

Last edited by westhamonkey on Fri May 08, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add in the hung parliament picture...)
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Sat May 09, 2015 10:02 pm

What a bloody yawn that allwas. Why would you want to watch it on the telly!
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sun May 10, 2015 12:54 am

as has been said elsewhere, the most surprising thing was the rotherham lot gave labour another go...
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sun May 10, 2015 9:03 am

stunned , shocked pissed off and fed up
    We have an MP that was caught stealing £95K from the public purse and still gets elected
    anyone that voted for that bitch that then calls the police for theft needs to be taken to the chair
    I dont get it I really dont
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:27 am

Anyone spotted?!

Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 pm

As farcical as the voting on the Eurovision song contest!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:32 am