West Ham Cockney Boys

Sam Allardyce has left the Club !

Arran H
    Reserves

Sam Allardyce has left the Club !

Post  Arran H on Sun 24 May 2015, 5:54 pm

woohoo egypt woohoo egypt

Thank fupp that he has gone and hopefully Nolan follows him as well !!!!
    Well done G&S for doing the right thing and getting rid of him now just make sure you get it right and me personally don't think Bilic is ready to manage in the prem yet think we should go with Benitez or some one with similar experience
    Jiggs
    1st team

Re: Sam Allardyce has left the Club !

Post  Jiggs on Sun 24 May 2015, 6:06 pm

Lol Arran ....... think I'll join ya...

twist cheesey grin rofl smiley rofl smiley witchi clap tramp tramp Kittyclap Kittyclap woohoo woohoo

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 24 May 2015, 6:13 pm

Billic my choice, although Tony P reckons he is the George graham of European football. I wittily replied that's an upgrade on a team that can't score and can't keep clean sheet. 

Let's not forget Sam took us straight back (by the skin of our just), kept us in the division, then repeated the feat. This really did represent a massive achievement when you don't analyse the football in too much depth. 

We did have good results against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man city and three in a row vs the spuds. 

For that, a hearty thank you to sam. It's been a success, just not a particularly enjoyable one.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 24 May 2015, 6:15 pm

well the haters got their way... dismal end to a barely passable season... the results from Xmas would have seen the end of any manager and everyone at the club needs to buck their ideas up in terms of pushing the club forward.

Be very interesting to see who stays and who goes on the playing staff.

Be very, very interesting to see who's on the managerial shortlist and who ultimately gets the job.

I for one hope it's not Moyes.

Finding someone capable of taking the club forward but who is prepared to take the step down to come to us in the first place is not going to be an easy task at all.

But interesting times as we enter a crucial season at WHUFC... but aren't they always interesting times with us?

Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sun 24 May 2015, 8:33 pm

My take on Sam Allardyce is this:-

He took us over at a low point. He got us up at the first attempt -albeit by an undeserved play-off final win even though he had a squad full of Premier League players

His first season in the PL saw us finish 10th. Highly respectable indeed

Last season was awful and saw a relegation battle which culminated in a 13th place finish. We played some awful football too

Last summer the owners made it quite clear that they would be bringing in an attacking coach and more attacking players in an attempt to be more entertaining. Allardyce did not want Sheringham. He also didn't want Sakho on a permanent contract and it took the owners to step in and resurrect the deal with Metz. Maiga went the other way on loan. Allardyce also did not want Zarate or Amalfitano and made it quite clear by not playing them unless he really had to

With Andy Carroll injured at the start of the season he had to play Sakho who proved to be a revelation; scoring in his first 6 games. I suspect that had AC been fit we would have seen little of Sakho. Cresswell and Kouyate were inspired signings, as was the capture of Alex Song on a season-long loan from Barcelona. Another great loan signing was Carl Jenkinson from Arsenal

Up until Christmas we played some great stuff. Scoring goals for fun if a little leaky at the back. On 16th December we were 4th on 28 points. On 30 December we were 6th on 31 points. Between 30 December and today we only amassed 16 points with just 3 wins. Yes we had some injuries but his insistence on leaving creative players like Nene and Amalfitano out of the side in order to accommodate Nolan & Noble as well as moving Downing, who had been superb in the early season, from the tip of the diamond to an isolated wide position meant that we spent the second half of the season in the awful 4-5-1 formation that had frustrated us last season

His stubborness in not giving game time to Nene despite his clear class was typical of the man. "I didn't want him so I am not playing him" seemed to be his message to G&S

The result was yet another Allardyce season that I couldn't wait to end

He never understood us, the fans, or what we wanted. The cupping of his hand to his ear after we scraped a 2-1 win against the 10 men of Hull last season but were outplayed by them, summed up his lack of empathy with the fans just in that cameo

Am I glad that Sam took over after we went down? Yes
    Did he do a job for us in his time here? Yes
    Was it the right time for both parties to agree that a parting of the ways was for the best? Yes

So Sam, I thank you for what you did for my club after taking over from Avram Grant and I wish you well in the future but now we have to look forward. We need to go in a different direction to the one the owners could see you continuing on

COYI !!

Last edited by Tony P on Sun 24 May 2015, 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Sun 24 May 2015, 8:41 pm

I really hope the next manager tries to get both Song and Jenkinson on Perm deals first and foremost then look at other areas of the Squad that will need improving ahead of what could be a challenging and difficult but exciting season next year

Also I hope Nene is given a new short term contract so that he can really prove himself to the next manager
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Sun 24 May 2015, 9:53 pm

H
    Tony P wrote:My take on Sam Allardyce is this:-

He took us over at a low point. He got us up at the first attempt (albeit by an undeserved play-off final win) even though he had a squad full of Premier League players

His first season in the PL saw us finish 10th. Highly respectable indeed

Last season was awful and saw a relegation battle which culminated in a 13th place finish. We played some awful football too

Last summer the owners made is quite clear that they would be bringing in an attacking coach and more attacking players in an attempt to be more entertaining. Allardyce did not want Sheringham. He also didn't want Sakho on a permanent contract and it took the owners to step in and resurrect the deal with Metz. Maiga went the other way on loan. Allardyce also did not want Zarate or Amalfitano and made it quite clear by not playing them unless he really had to

With Andy Carroll injured at the start of the season he had to play Sakho who proved to be a revelation; scoring in his first 6 games. I suspect that had AC been fit we would have seen little of Sakho. Cresswell and Kouyate were inspired signings, as was the capture of Alex Song on a season-long loan from Barcelona. Another great loan signing was Carl Jenkinson from Arsenal

Up until Christmas we played some great stuff. Scoring goals for fun if a little leaky at the back. On 16th December we were 4th on 28 points. On 30 December we were 6th on 31 points. Between 30 December and today we only amassed 16 points with just 3 wins. Yes we had some injuries but his insistence on leaving creative players like Nene and Amalfitano out of the side in order to accommodate Nolan & Noble as well as moving Downing, who had been superb in the early season, from the tip of the diamond to an isolated wide position meant that we spent the second half of the season in the awful 4-5-1 formation that had frustrated us last season

His stubborness in not giving game time to Nene despite his clear class was typical of the man. "I didn't want him so I am not playing him" seemed to be his message to G&S

The result was yet another Allardyce season that I couldn't wait to end

He never understood us, the fans, or what we wanted. The cupping of his hand to his ear after we scraped a 2-1 win against the 10 men of Hull last season but were outplayed by them, summed up his lack of empathy with the fans just in that cameo

Am I glad that Sam took over after we went down? Yes
    Did he do a job for us in his time here? Yes
    Was it the right time for both parties to agree that a parting of the ways was for the best? Yes

So Sam, I thank you for what you did for my club after taking over from Avram Grant and I wish you well in the future but now we have to look forward. We need to go in a different direction to the one the owners could see you continuing on

COYI !!

Very well put tony, rarely read anything so balanced or well written on the Facebook sites I frequent. The grammar is just a lovely bonus
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 25 May 2015, 12:54 am

I thought what Tony wrote was just about totally spot on
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Mon 25 May 2015, 5:06 am

Well wriiten Tone, i couldn't agree more either. It's time to move on, and it will be interesting to see who we get, both a s far as coaching staff and players are concerned.

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Mon 25 May 2015, 7:38 am

Well Put Tony , To be honest I don't think No West ham fan would slate Sam on what he did for us in terms of getting us promoted then keeping us in the Prem for the following 3 seasons but I think he lost the fans was his attitude towards the fans , his arrogance towards not changing his style and not playing players that he didn't want such Paulista and Nene to name two etc

I think it was deffo right time to get rid of him , as if we had had a bad start under him next season the atmosphere would of been awful etc

At least now we can go into our last season at Upton Park with a bit of excitement by that I mean we can look forward to who the next manager is going to be , what his plans are in terms of style of play , what players he wants to bring and get rid of etc I for one I`m now that Sam has gone is looking forward to the Summer and next season
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 25 May 2015, 2:58 pm

Yeah, eloquently written Tony, whilst not surpassing some of the rants I've heard from you as to how he fupps up on a weekly basis.   

Post  SemiOldIron on Mon 25 May 2015, 4:22 pm

Goodbye BFS. He does what it says on the tin, and sometimes that's what a club needs, but four years is enough - we've all been slowly losing the will to live since January.
    And now? God only knows - but at least I'm interested again.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Good article

Post  Tony P on Wed 27 May 2015, 7:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Thu 28 May 2015, 9:56 am

Should've, should have but NOT should of.

Shoddy "journalism"

Another article saying nothing! Every team will have divided opinion on managers/players/styles; we're not robots.
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Fri 29 May 2015, 8:25 pm

I thought it was a good article.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:18 pm