West Ham Cockney Boys

Summer 2015 silly season

westhamonkey
    Reserves

Re: Summer 2015 silly season

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 5:46 am

nice to see us even talking about spending that kind of money.

thoughts on whether he's in place of or as well as Song?
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 9:25 am

Not sure that we need to spend big money on a centre back? We have Tomkins, Reid, Collins, Henry, Burke and Oxford

We need a right back. Vedran Corluka is 29, has Premier League experience and can play both right back and centre back. He would be a cheaper option

Would still like us to get Carl Jenkinson back on loan for another season with a view to buying him
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

rumour is that Jenks wants to come back and we are the only team he will go on loan too, Arsenal are not going to want 4 right backs on the books for the season so I can see it happening

I still think we need another good CB, we have been left short for the last 3 seasons
    the youngsters are short of any experience at all, apart from Henry and that was MLS

Certainly would not hurt getting Corluka in too, competition for places is needed , for far too many years we have had players that have no need to perform as they know they are a shoe in every game
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:00 am

well Henry was the usual old school West Ham signing injured before he even plays for us...

Tomkins and Collins and Reid all got injured last season giving us a bit of a crisis in the centre of defense - and Collins ain't getting any younger either...

which means it's all down to Burke and Oxford

So, on the face of it there might be 6 names on the team sheet - but it was surprisingly easy for us to find ourselves in an injury crisis sitch.

As much as I like the idea of Jenks coming back, I don't like this idea that the moaning team can dictate that the player doesn't turn up against them - smacks just a little too much of having a vested interest in and control over another team's players - which is supposed to be illegal...
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sun 28 Jun 2015, 11:33 am

Angelo Ogbonna ... another I have never heard of
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 7:03 am

West Ham are set to land striker Fabio Borini from Liverpool for a fee of around £8m.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 7:49 am

please god NO
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:06 pm

Nolan to Bolton
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm

Campo wrote:Nolan to Bolton

please god YES!
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm

To be serious, the things I've read about Nolan this last year and especially today is sickening quite frankly. very similar to Sam, he might not be everyone's cup of tea but he has done a wonderful (I really do mean that) job of skippering this club through some choppy waters in one of the most crucial periods of our history. From day one I've been a firm Nolan fan, I only wish I would have had him printed on my shirt. He seems to have scored in every game I've seen live including an unforgettable 1-0 win in Newcastle and I tHank him profusely for his time with him and sincerely wish him all the best in the future
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Mon 29 Jun 2015, 8:43 pm

alfiehammer wrote:To be serious, the things I've read about Nolan this last year and especially today is sickening quite frankly. very similar to Sam, he might not be everyone's cup of tea but he has done a wonderful (I really do mean that) job of skippering this club through some choppy waters in one of the most crucial periods of our history. From day one I've been a firm Nolan fan, I only wish I would have had him printed on my shirt. He seems to have scored in every game I've seen live including an unforgettable 1-0 win in Newcastle and I tHank him profusely for his time with him and sincerely wish him all the best in the future

I respect your opinion of the bloke and would agree he has done a lot for the club, I just think he is now past it as far as the PL is concerned.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:30 pm

alfiehammer wrote:To be serious, the things I've read about Nolan this last year and especially today is sickening quite frankly. very similar to Sam, he might not be everyone's cup of tea but he has done a wonderful (I really do mean that) job of skippering this club through some choppy waters in one of the most crucial periods of our history. From day one I've been a firm Nolan fan, I only wish I would have had him printed on my shirt. He seems to have scored in every game I've seen live including an unforgettable 1-0 win in Newcastle and I tHank him profusely for his time with him and sincerely wish him all the best in the future

Commendable defence of the payer and yes he was the catalyst for the first two seasons and certainkly wasn't his fault Sam kept selecting him. No problem with the job he done for us; more that when it was hugely apparent he was surplus to requirements-Sam still stuck him in the team and to the detriment of the team. He was bought in to do a job and did it. Should he have got £50k a week and 5 years, maybe not but as was pointed out-that's what it took to get him (and probably Sam)

I'm not an admirer though and voiced that from the beginning (and thankfully was proved wrong).

Trouble is, everyone is speaking as if he has left with Sam; he hasn't so we're still paying that huge wage for him - so signing of the season for me will be getting shot of him and the expense.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 8:13 pm

Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, I wonder... Big Sam .. Nolan ????
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm

Campo wrote:Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, I wonder... Big Sam .. Nolan ????

I'd be surprised, last time Sam worked for Asians it didn't last very long.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:06 pm

Big Sam is the bookies man by the look of it
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Wed 01 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

Its gonna be Dirty Harry, Kevin Bond left QPR the other day.

Long way from Bournemouth though.
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:56 am

Remy doesn't look to happening.

Song still looks on either for a free or lost cost (seen £5 million quoted)

The owners put out a message saying they still want jenks and workig hard towards it

Boreni gone quiet

Still rumours about cabaye

No idea on Austin anymore

Nothing in the Monaco sent back for a few days

Saw us linked with a juventus 4th choice centre back
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 12:50 pm

We could be playing the long game on Austin, £15M is a bit steep really,but at some point QPR are going to need to move him on
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:32 pm

Campo wrote:We could be playing the long game on Austin, £15M is a bit steep really,but at some point QPR are going to need to move him on  
     He's not big enough for that muttley
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 7:40 am

cheesey grin Tony

Ogbonna and Lanzini are todays offerings

I must be getting old or watching less football, I have not heard of half of those we have been linked with this summer

apart from Ogbonna who I believe was the pic that Mr gold posted in error, but that was the reason I heard of him
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

Campo wrote::
    I must be getting old or watching less football, I have not heard of half of those we have been linked with this summer

The way the world is now, if you've heard of them we can't afford them, so we are largely left to root about in the "Under £10m bargains" bin.
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 9:26 pm

Apparently got Ogbona from Juve for £12m plus a million add one? CB is a 27 year old lItalian international, haven't seen it on the Offish yet. So which of our CBs is now surplus to requirements?
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 9:43 pm

If true I would hope we are not getting rid of any CB's all 3 seniors at the moment all spend time in the physio's room
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:04 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Apparently got Ogbona from Juve for £12m plus a million add one? CB is a 27 year old lItalian international, haven't seen it on the Offish yet.  So which of our CBs is now surplus to requirements?

Lining things up to sell Reid, perhaps?

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:56 am

I would imagine that the Board have noticed what has happen in the last few seasons that we are at some stage of the season going to be short at back , And lets be honest what decent Premier league team goes into a season with only 3 CB`s !?! So their fore the signing of Ogbonna will just add competition for those two CB positions and that no one will be leaving

Collins
    Reid
    Tomkins
    Ogbonna

Along with decent youngsters in Burke and Oxford- Who I think we could see in the Prem this year under Bilic is not a bad bunch of CB`s to have in your squad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:09 am