West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
SemiOldIron
mottinghammer
6 posters

First game vs Andorras lustsins fc

mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

First game vs Andorras lustsins fc Empty First game vs Andorras lustsins fc

Post  mottinghammer Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

Drawn away in first leg of Europa cup against lLustains fc of Andorra. May have to be changed as the other club from Andorra have also been drawn at home! The stadium holds 1000, even we might get through this one !
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

First game vs Andorras lustsins fc Empty Re: First game vs Andorras lustsins fc

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

I'm amazed that they have actually got a league, seeing as Andorra is about the size of my garden. Oh well, got to start somewhere I suppose... and we might even win.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

Like everyone else, I'm kinda surprised a team this small can actually qualify for something like this... but I guess that's the whole point of the glamour of the cup.

At least it's not too big of a slog down there and back - which will be nice.

Like a lot of Hammers fans... a little part of me just feels like... hmmm, given our history of getting dumped out of domestic cups by the 'lower' teams... this might not be as straight forward as it should be.

But logically... if you're a new manager - this isn't the worst first competitive game to be handed.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm

I would imagine about 50% of the team playing would be youth or fringe players. 

Apparently they have won their league twice in their 16 year history
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm

The average age of their starting 11 is 32.5 yrs
    they have a 38 yr old midfielder
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:58 pm

Campo wrote:......they have a 38 yr old midfielder

Don't give Nolan any ideas....
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:06 pm

By the sound of it the Andorrans (SP?) are looking to shift this to a bigger ground, I don't blame them either this could be a real money spinner
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:00 am

Campo wrote:By the sound of it the Andorrans (SP?) are looking to shift this to a bigger ground, I don't blame them either this could be a real money spinner

Ties have been switched around. Home leg first on 2 July with the away leg on 9 July

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:45 pm