West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Teddy sheringham interview

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Teddy sheringham interview  Empty Teddy sheringham interview

Post  alfiehammer Wed 05 Aug 2015, 8:14 pm

Teddy Sheringham tells all
    1 Reply
    Ex-West Ham player/coach Teddy Sheringham has given an interview to 888sport.com ahead of the new season kicking off this weekend.

He’s given them his thoughts on Harry Redknapp, Andy Carroll, Charlie Austin and more.

Teddy Sheringham: Harry Redknapp will be back soon

In a 25 year career Teddy Sheringham played under some truly outstanding managers: Brian Clough, Terry Venables, Sir Alex Ferguson, and – for one season at Portsmouth where he became the oldest Premier League player to score a hat-trick – Harry Redknapp.

Now, in an exclusive interview with 888sport.com the 51-cap England international has revealed he believes Redknapp will shortly be returning to a top level dug-out after an involuntary six month hiatus.

“He’s a football man and has had very good results with clubs along the way so I can quite easily see him coming back soon.”

To which club only time – and the inevitable September sackings – will tell but Sheringham can empathise with the unavoidable lure of the tracksuit after being tempted into management for the first time this season with Stevenage FC.

“It came from being involved with Sam Allardyce and West Ham last year. Seeing how things were done. I’ve been a football man since I was a little kid so this is my game. People say about putting something back but it’s not really that. It’s more about passing on your knowledge and hopefully they will learn along the way.”

Teddy Sheringham: Andy Carroll’s quality surprised me

51-cap England international Teddy Sheringham has revealed he was ‘nicely surprised’ by the quality of Andy Carroll’s striking ability after taking on the role of attacking coach at West Ham United last season.

Speaking in an exclusive interview for 888sport.com the new Stevenage FC boss reveals, “I was surprised about his qualities when I went there. I can remember doing the first shooting session – and he’d already told me how good he was by the way – but I was nicely surprised at how decent his technique and quality was. He could definitely score a goal.”

Sheringham is rightly proud of the work he achieved under the guidance of Sam Allardyce as the Hammers tore into unprepared defences for the first half of 2014/15.

“It was a massive thing. I really liked Kouyate at the start of the season then Sakho came in and what a combination they could be. Then Valencia made an impact and it was very different again. With Andy Carroll they had four strikers who could cover every scenario of attacking play. They had a bit of everything.”

Teddy Sheringham exclusive: West Ham need Charlie Austin

51-cap England international Teddy Sheringham has suggested his former club would be mad not to bid in the region of £15m for QPR hit-man Charlie Austin especially now the Hammers have suffered a long-term injury loss to Enner Valencia.

Speaking exclusively to 888sport.com the striking legend – who was West Ham’s attacking coach last season – failed to hide his excitement at the prospect of a player he clearly rates highly joining up with the East End club.

When asked whether Austin represented value at that price Sheringham responded,

“Without a shadow. Yes, yes, yes. He got 18 goals for QPR last year and that’s not easy to do. That boy scores goals and I love his ways and the way he plays football. He would be a great signing.”

Teddy Sheringham exclusive: Hernandez should leave Old Trafford

Manchester United legend Teddy Sheringham has urged Javier Hernandez to leave Old Trafford for another of his former clubs West Ham in an exclusive interview for 888sport.com.

Admitting he is a fan of the Mexican striker Sheringham – who was West Ham’s attacking coach last season – remains perplexed as to why the player nicknamed ‘Little Pea’ has struggled to establish himself at United or, more recently, Real Madrid on loan.

“He’ll want to be playing first team football and I don’t know why he can’t hold down a regular place for whichever team he plays for. He could work well alongside Diafra Sakho.”

The new Stevenage FC boss was talking ahead of the season’s opener this Saturday that involves two of his former clubs, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.

Read his full and frank interview here.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:49 pm