Post  Campo on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 pm

out for 4-6 weeks , training injury

more turd
    Campo
    1st team

Re: Winston

Post  Campo on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:18 pm

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official 21m21 minutes ago
    SB: "We will be training at Rush Green from Monday. The pitches here at Chadwell Heath are soft on top, but hard underneath..
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:01 pm

If I put what I thought even the most liberal of admins may ban me
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:16 am

Just our luck at the moment.
    Hope things will change soon.
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Matty Etherington has stated that 2 hours on Chadwell was enough as the surface was so hard the muscles were giving up
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:26 am

How come that has gone unrecognised?  It must have been the same for a few years now 

Post  Campo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:44 am

There have been comments reference the standard of the training ground for a least 8-9 years, It appears SB has put his foot down and forced the move
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:51 am

Ah well better late than never I s'pose

Post  Campo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:56 am

will try and find Matty's comments in full
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:05 am

Chadwell Heath pitch is too firm and causes injuries!
    December 10, 2015
    |
    Matthew Etherington
    Hi all, first and foremost we have a very tough game coming at the weekend, Stoke are starting to fire on all cylinders. Shaquiri, Arnoutavic, Bojan are all in form. A very decent side.

The reason for this post is the injuries we have at the club right now, it's ridiculous.

I can only speak of my time at this great club and say that the training ground was always way too firm, don't get me wrong the surface was pristine but always liable for injuries. It was like literally training on a road for 2 hours every day. Eventually your muscles say enough, there come the injuries, either during training or on a match day. I was there for five seasons and every pre-season the pitches would get re-layed. Still too firm. When I went back to train last summer (2014) the training ground was still way too hard and nothing had changed. I had a muscle injury myself within a few days. At Stoke's training ground with decent pitches (plenty of rain also!) we had minimal injuries, me and my groins/muscles injuries, in the early years at Stoke, were absolutely fine.

People will say "Premier League pitches are the same now, so get on with it". They are not. Chadwell Heath is a lot firmer than any training ground/Premier League pitch I have played football on.

I'm sure the Chairmen, who have done such an admirable job since taking over, know this. I think we all agree it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Thankfully this appears to now be the case with the club moving to Rush Green on Monday as opposed to the end of the season.

You do have to question why it has taken so many injuries to make this happen however. I don't believe the medical team are at fault either, personnel has changed a few times over several years and we still seem to get numerous injuries every season lets hope the move to Rush Green now solves the problems.

COYI

Matty.
    Tags
    Matthew Etherington
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:12 am

Awww, he still says "We" .... still a Hammer at heart   heart

Post  Campo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:25 am

still not forgiven him for that dive against us, git  Very Happy
    but he is very much a hammer at heart, he is doing a lot of Irons articles and loves the club

He did say sorry though

I am sorry for that dive!
    December 2, 2015
    |
    Matthew Etherington

First of all it is a pleasure to contribute to what I'm sure will be a great website.
    As I have said numerous times, I loved my time at West Ham, everything about this great club I love and still do to this day. The highs far outweighed the lows and I was lucky enough to win Hammer of the year, still to this day one of the greatest honours of my career. Especially with all those legendary names that won that award.

My favourite manager in my time at West Ham was Alan Pardew by some distance. He got the best of out of me and delivered some really memorable moments to the football club, three trips to Cardiif in successive years being the highlights. He is showing how good he is now at Palace.
    It was always so strange playing against West Ham when I did leave the club, I always felt on edge, not in a good way. Yes fans will point to that 'dive', many still haven't forgiven me!! It was instinctive and if I could take it back I would. I will apologise one last time and I tell you I genuinely love this wonderful football club and will be a lifelong supporter.

This season so far has been a success I'm sure everyone will agree, although recent results haven't been great. I like the way Bilic has set up his team and the players seem to be playing with lots of freedom. I'm sure as a former defender himself he is looking for more clean sheets and will demand them. If he gets the defensive side right, I'm sure we are in for a very good season! Lanzini in recent weeks has been outstanding, I love watching him play and I now think Victor Moses needs to step up and show his best form. I know I'm in a very very small minority but I think Andy Carroll will come good, I have seen a lot of people bashing him on social media and to be honest his form has been nowhere near what he is capable of. People say he doesn't fit into the system but I don't buy that, if Cresswell and Jenkinson plus the wingers can deliver quality balls into the box he will score plenty of goals. That doesn't mean long balls which I think some players tend to play when he is in the team, the team can still play the attractive football they have been doing into the final third, he is decent enough on the floor as well, like his goal away at Swansea last season suggests!!

Anyway here is to 3pts at the weekend.
    COYI
    Matty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:38 am

Ohhhhh I'd forgotten about that.  But at least he was man enough to admit to it and apologise.  Lumpolard and mini Judas could take a leaf out of his book .....

So I forgive him, as he's remorsefully suffering for it now.

Post  manurewa hammer on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Campo wrote:There have been comments reference the standard of the training ground for a least 8-9 years, It appears SB has put his foot down and forced the move
    Good to see Slav display that forthright type of management. I wouldnt have expected anything less Jiggs.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Is the ground harder than it was 10, 15, 20 years ago then?? Puffs.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:Is the ground harder than it was 10, 15, 20  years ago then?? Puffs.
     Yes. Very much so; as are the main pitches
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:25 am

The balls and footwear are lighter though so it's swings and roundabouts really innit.
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:42 am

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:The balls and footwear are lighter though so it's swings and roundabouts really innit.

Erm not really. The balls and footwear are used for the execution of kicking the ball and not for the actual running, twisting, turning etc. The hard pitches take a toll on the soft tissues as there is not enough give in them. That is what I read somewhere anyway !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 am