West Ham Cockney Boys

Wolves game

manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Wolves game

Post  manurewa hammer on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 6:29 am

Anyone going? Be interesting to see what team Slav puts out. Any thoughts?
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Re: Wolves game

Post  RichB on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 1:49 pm

Yep, I'm going hopefully to see a comfortable win. I suspect we will see a few changes from the last couple of weeks perhaps Reece Oxford getting a game. Hope to see Payet get a half too.

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 6:26 pm

Hopefully Bilic gives people like Hendrie a chance to play tomorrow , Not to fuss bout it Tbh , if we win then great if we lose then oh well in the long will be good for us
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:44 pm

Not sure I can see how going out of the FA Cup in round 3 can be good for us. Seems an odd attitude these days or perhaps I'm just getting old? Surely a winning cup run breeds a winning attitude throughout the club. I want us to win.

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:24 am

RichB wrote:Not sure I can see how going out of the FA Cup in round 3 can be good for us. Seems an odd attitude these days or perhaps I'm just getting old? Surely a winning cup run breeds a winning attitude throughout the club. I want us to win.

What I mean by being good for us in the long run is , the further we go the more fixtures we have and we all know what Our luck with Injuries is like , I can see us getting to the final etc but suffering a few injuries along the way which in turns damages our Position in the league

Of course I would love it for us to reach the final and even win it - it would be the perfect way to finish our last season at Upton Park !
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 9:38 am

I am going and looking forward to (hopefully) going all the way in the FA Cup. We have the squad to cope this season; we didn't last season

COYI !!
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 10:17 am

I agree with Tony, if we can avoid drawing any of the 'big' clubs, in the early rounds (3-5) we have the strength in depth to go a long way. The winning mentality is so important, win today that's 3 on the bounce , no defeat for 8-9? going into a difficult away game on Wednesday. Hopefully brings Payet nearer to full form, gives Antonio another chance to show what he can do and some more goals. Injuries happen, at least Slaven is trying to do something about avoiding needless injuries by moving training to Rush Green.

This would be the year to win the FA cup, what a way to leave the Boleyn Ground that would be! scarf scarf scarf
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 3:37 pm

Radio link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 8:18 pm

Glad we got through that , Love the FA cup. it is still right up there in terms of a cup competition for me.
    I reckon we should have a bloody good go at this cup, we a'int going down, we will be easily secure in the league, we are due a cup
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 11:45 pm

mottinghammer wrote:I agree with Tony, if we can avoid drawing any of the 'big' clubs, in the early rounds (3-5) we have the strength in depth to go a long way. The winning mentality is so important, win today that's 3 on the bounce , no defeat for 8-9? going into a difficult away game on Wednesday. Hopefully brings Payet nearer to full form, gives Antonio another chance to show what he can do and some more goals. Injuries happen, at least Slaven is trying to do something about avoiding needless injuries by moving training to Rush Green.

This would be the year to win the FA cup, what a way to leave the Boleyn Ground that would be! scarf scarf scarf

Tuesday night Motty. Wouldn't want you to miss it !
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:12 pm

Thats what you get living in the fast lane Tone,  time flis by!! 
    Thanks for the warning emot
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:27 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Thats what you get living in the fast lane Tone,  time flis by!! 
    Thanks for the warning emot

manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 5:19 am

Now we have Liverpool ( or Exeter) away! How do we fell now?
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 7:00 am

manurewa hammer wrote:Now we have Liverpool ( or Exeter) away! How do we fell now?

Assuming Liverpool win their replay we will have to do the treble over them.................or else we will have seen the last ever FA Cup game at The Boleyn.................and Jellyfish will go down in history as the last West Ham player to score an FA Cup goal there too

Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 7:37 am

Don`t ask me why , But I just have a feeling that we will have a trip to Wembley this year as I can see us going all the way to the final for some reason , thinks because We are taking it seriously and playing a strong team and also that a lot of other "BIG" clubs are not this year so I think we can be serious contenders to lift it come May
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 2:59 pm

The 'big' boys are all still there and I think utd,  city, le arse and cheatski will all be in the last 16. Add to that either us or the bindippers, Leicester or spuds, palace, stoke,  Bournemouth and watford would pretty much be the top half of the premier league in rd 5, I think then we may see a change in the teams put out, some may trip up, and we can beat any of them on our  day, its certainly not going to be an easy cup run if all of them edge through to the 'round of 16'.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:43 pm