West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth Empty West Ham United FC V Bournemouth

Post  Admin Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:36 pm

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth WH%20V%20Bourn_zpsyb0prosl

[size=34]West Ham v Bournemouth preview: Dimitri Payet set to start[/size]
    Dimitri Payet could be handed his first start of the season as West Ham prepare to host Bournemouth in the first ever Premier League game at the London Stadium on Super Sunday.
    The Frenchman was introduced as a second-half substitute during their 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on Monday night, but looks set to be named in the starting XI against the Cherries.
    Bournemouth were also beaten in their opening game last Sunday, but will take heart from the fact their first ever Premier League victory came away at West Ham last season.
    Team news
    West Ham boss Slaven Bilic looks likely to shuffle his pack after their Europa League play-off draw with Astra Giurgiu on Thursday night.
    Aaron Cresswell and Manuel Lanzini (both knee) are missing while Andre Ayew could miss four months with a thigh injury and Diafra Sakho (back) and Sofiane Feghouli (hamstring) are also absent.
    Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is expected to retain much of the team that lost to Manchester United last Sunday. Howe refused to be disheartened by their 3-1 home defeat, believing the game to have been "even".
    He remains without the injured Junior Stanislas, owing to a groin injury, while Tyrone Mings is not expected to return until September.
    Opta stats
    West Ham scored three times in both games against Bournemouth last season, winning one (3-1) and losing one (3-4).
    The Hammers' defeat to Bournemouth at Upton Park last season was their only home defeat in four meetings with the Cherries in all competitions, winning the other three (1929, 1990 and 1999).
    The Olympic Stadium will be the 55th venue to host a Premier League match. West Ham are the 10th Premier League club to play home games at two different stadiums.
    Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson scored a hat-trick in Bournemouth's win away at West Ham last season and is only one of four players to net a treble away at the Hammers in the Premier League.
    The Cherries have picked up just one point in their last six Premier League matches (W0 D1 L5).
    Benik Afobe scored three goals in his first four Premier League games for Bournemouth, but has netted just once in his 12 appearances since.
    Bournemouth won three of their five away trips to London in the Premier League last season (W3 D0 L2).
    Payet has had a hand in 11 goals in his last 13 Premier League appearances for West Ham (three goals, eight assists).
    Paul Merson's prediction
    West Ham will be hoping to avoid a repeat of last season, when Bournemouth ripped them to shreds! It shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, because I can't see anything other than a West Ham win this time.
    The Cherries have a lot of possession but don't really look like scoring and I think they need to change a couple of things.
    West Ham have the players and it's a nice game to open the London Stadium. Bilic has more match-winners on his team and that could make the difference.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Bournemouth

Post  mottinghammer Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm

Lets hope we get the team that beat Manure in tbe last game at the Boleyn and not that which looked lack lustre and disjointed against Astra this week. 
    I dont think this will be as easy as some of the pundits think. Eddie Howe is a shrewd cookie and will be looking to upset us on our first league game at tbe Tesco/Aldi/Olympic/London stadium.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:14 pm

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth Vbournemeouth_zps0hrw5lyo
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:16 pm

I'm not going to lie that side worries me.

Reid struggles, Ginge hasn't start the season well, Antonio couldn't have started the season worse then he has, Tore has done nothing to make me think he is worth buying so far and Valencia cant finish.

Time to prove me wrong.

West Ham United FC V Bournemouth 3953004961
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:27 pm

What worries mecis Valencia as a lone striker!! FFS id have more chance of scoring!!!! 
    Where is Carroll not even on the bench, no Payet=no invention, this has the look of a losing team to me
    West Ham United FC V Bournemouth 2723394577 West Ham United FC V Bournemouth 780148547
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:37 pm

Did you not see the news dude ? Carroll is out for 4-6 weeks after picking up an injury on that dodgy pitch in the week.

Poor management if that's true.

Poor pitch, injury riddled striker why risk him ?
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 21 Aug 2016, 3:49 pm

Hmm no mentionon the offish, this is going to be a shit season,  we're all doomed!!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm

Nothing of a first half really.

Bournemouth have offered nothing so they will get a dressing down at half time.

We have had something like 10 attempts with 1 on target.

Adrian hardly touched the ball apart from a couple of his standard long aimless balls up to the towering Tore and then Valencia.

Back 4 pretty solid apart from the odd bit of hesitation from Ginge or Reid causing their own problems.

Nordveit has had nothing to do apart from two pathetic smashed clearances with team mates all around him under no pressure !!!

Noble and Kouyate full of running.

Tore looking lively until he gets on a set piece.

I keep expecting Antonio to take a mask off to reveal he is actually Carlton Cole this season. Some of the stuff the blokes does I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Valencia up top offering nothing.

Second half can only get worse if Bournemouth score West Ham United FC V Bournemouth 3953004961
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 6:04 pm

The way we have been playing 3 points is all that matters after watching that.

Antonio probably deserved his goal after all that has gone against him so far this season....but picked as Man Of The Match by Sky ?
    The fans love him but if the team are to push on to the next level than he needs to be doing something special every game to cover up for the amount of poor quality he provides.

Maybe it was just the poor quality was catching because there was hardly any apart from the goal. 

I know its early days but from what I've seen so far the players we have bought in are just numbers, not really extra quality to take us on to another level from last season.

On to the next game now, hopefully we can get a bit of momentum going.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 21 Aug 2016, 6:31 pm

The officials Twitter nominations for man of the match ???

Byram, Antonio, Adrian or Tore ????
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 21 Aug 2016, 9:21 pm

My view is thank god we were playing Bournemouth!!! 
    Any half decent team would have taken us to the cleaners, Byram look ok(ish) Arthur was ok (ish) but offefs little going forward, the no 4 was poor, Kaoyate and Noble our best players, Valencia garbage, Tore not to hot, Antonio very poor MOTM youre having a larf!! Shows what a poor game it was. 
    We need our big players back and soon,, as Kray jnr states so well the newbies are numbers with no quality added, only bright spot is 3 ponits and only 37 more needed. Next league game Citeh away!!  With this side I'd be happy to not conceed more than 4.

Hopefully we can get a half decent result on thursday to give us a bit of momentum.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:43 am