West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Charlie Ham
Arran H
Jiggs
7 posters

West Ham V Southampton

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham V Southampton Empty West Ham V Southampton

Post  Jiggs Sat 24 Sep 2016, 3:19 pm

West Ham V Southampton 367                V                 West Ham V Southampton 392

SUN, 25 SEPT 2016    PREMIER LEAGUE

4.00pm    

Venue: London Stadium

From the BBC Sport Football

TEAM NEWS

West Ham are without a recognised left-back after Arthur Masuaku joined Aaron Cresswell on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Central defender Winston Reid will return, but Andre Ayew, Andy Carroll and Diafra Sakho remain out.

Southampton boss Claude Puel is expected to hand a start to Charlie Austin, who has scored four goals in his last three matches.

Fellow striker Jay Rodriguez is out with a groin problem.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: "The form guide says Southampton to win, with three victories in a row suggesting they're on the right track after an initially sluggish start under Claude Puel.

"Charlie Austin has scored in all those wins, and he'll relish the chance to net again against the club that publicly questioned his fitness last year after deciding against signing him.

"West Ham's problem lies at the other end of the field, and the problem is big' says Slaven Bilic.

"We might then reasonably expect a cautious approach from his side, with defensive discipline paramount.

"Talking of which, here's a quirky fact: referee Jonathan Moss has sent someone off in each of the last six Hammers games he has officiated!" jawdrop

Twitter: @Guymowbray

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "Injury-wise we look much better than at the beginning of the season. We have a good team and I expect us to be really good in every way on Sunday afternoon.

"I want the fans to be behind us, and they will be.

"We need them all the time, but especially now to help get out of this situation. I have no doubt they will be very positive."

Southampton manager Claude Puel: "We can see the good work on the training sessions and in every game, we are strong in defence and also with good possibilities on the counter-attack, playing good football, even with different players out on the pitch.

"All of the squad can take confidence from this, to show that it is possible to play these many games every three days, which is what we challenged the squad to do at the start (of the season).

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Southampton have the lowest shot conversion rate in the Premier League, just 6.45%. Shane Long is probably most to blame for that, but Charlie Austin is a finisher and, as he showed last weekend against Swansea, if he is picked and gets a chance, he will take it.

West Ham have been struggling at the back but they have been working hard to improve defensively, and it will come.

Prediction: 2-1
    Arran H
    Reserves

West Ham V Southampton Empty Re: West Ham V Southampton

Post  Arran H Sun 25 Sep 2016, 8:28 am

Hate to say it but I fear for us today , Southampton are starting to look good again and with our defence at the moment wouldn't surprise me if Austin carried on his scoring run today.

Think a point would be good result today considering both club`s form coming into the game.

Hoping that Slav does not start Antonio at Right back due to the injuries to Cresswell and Masuaku and instead starts Arbeloa at Right back and Ogbonna at Left back.

Big risk I know and it wont happen but I`d even take the risk and drop Collins and give Oxford a chance alongside Reid in defence today !
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 25 Sep 2016, 11:07 am

Just need a win any old way.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 25 Sep 2016, 6:01 pm

Can someone tell me what we had last season that we obviously dont have this season ?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 25 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

We had attacking flair and goals that managed to win us games but we always looked shaky at the back for me. This season we have bought in poor quality and our players from last season aren't doing it therefore we are getting shown up for our shit defending.

I saw the first goal they got in to easy down our right and both centre halves moved towards the ball leaving Charlie Austin to score. I had to go out so missed the rest of the shambles.

Heard somebody say today that Bilic has only had one good season at his previous clubs West Ham V Southampton 3953004961
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 25 Sep 2016, 8:29 pm

Don't really know what to say. Thought we might win today before they scored their first then it was all over. Bilic takes off Lanzini at half time replacing him with Feghouli so all second half we have trouble making any clear cut chances. We give the ball away for their second, then take off Nordtveit and replace him with a forward Fletcher and go and give another goal to them.
    Just can't work Bilic out but do know one thing, we are in trouble and look like a team that will go down this season.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 25 Sep 2016, 9:27 pm

Admin wrote:Can someone tell me what we had last season that we obviously dont have this season ?

Confidence
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 26 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm

Kray JR wrote:We had attacking flair and goals that managed to win us games but we always looked shaky at the back for me. This season we have bought in poor quality and our players from last season aren't doing it therefore we are getting shown up for our shit defending.

I saw the first goal they got in to easy down our right and both centre halves moved towards the ball leaving Charlie Austin to score. I had to go out so missed the rest of the shambles.

Heard somebody say today that Bilic has only had one good season at his previous clubs West Ham V Southampton 3953004961
    Antonio failed to track his runner for the 1st and 3rd goals. He is a liability when we don't have the ball. I would play him up top as he can score goals

As for Kouyate and Noble - this season they have both been dreadful. Time to give Obiang and Fernandes a run methinks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:05 pm