Another Kiwi quake

manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Another Kiwi quake

Post  manurewa hammer on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Large 7.5 mag quake hit NZ this morning. Luckily centered in rural area at top of the South Island, Close enough to Wellington to close the city down for the day. Major damage to roads, Water and Sewer lines. 2 dead so far. Major civil defence action and also Tsumami warnings for many coastal areas.Many buildings damaged, some badly.Many roads closed indefiinetly, Schools closed  until they can be deemed safe.
    If this quake hade been centered about 200km north around Wellington, it would have been catastrophic. Dodged a bullet . Thoughts to all those folks affected by this. Aftershocks between 3-4 Mag still jolting the area. Folks pretty nervous as you would imagine.
    Campo
    1st team

Re: Another Kiwi quake

Post  Campo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Stay safe out there you kiwi types
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:47 am

Terrible news
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks for all your concern folks, Now the big clean up begins. Evacuation from the affected area now pretty much complete, thanks to Naval help from US, Canadian and Australian warships who just happened to be in NZ for joint exercises. Several buildings in central Wellington will now be demolished including a 10 story appartment tower. Its the Kiwi way, that folks will now put this behind them and get on with the job at hand. First main job is to get Power, water and gas restored to main affected areas. Second, to restore roads and rail lines. Keep ya posted.
    Stew
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:40 am

I,ve witnessed first hand what the affect an earthquake has on a country . I was bang in the middle of the SF one in 1989 changing a flat tyre on my car , the road I was on when the quake struck was like looking at big waves rolling towards you . I could not get home for 3 days and could,nt contact my wife as the phones were down , horrible time . All the best mate
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Isn't it wonderful how people pull together in times of sorrow and hardship. Thinking of all the kiwis struck by this awful disaster.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 am