West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
RichB
Kray JR
6 posters

Liverpool v West Ham

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Liverpool v West Ham Empty Liverpool v West Ham

Post  Kray JR Sun 11 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

Liverpool v West Ham Team_zpsjbvlrkar
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Liverpool v West Ham Empty Re: Liverpool v West Ham

Post  RichB Sun 11 Dec 2016, 4:05 pm

Bit disappointed that Andy Carroll's not playing, anyone figure that one out?

Also, is Kouyate injured?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 11 Dec 2016, 4:24 pm

Yes Kouyate is injured.

Carroll I think they are saving for the Burnley and Hull games coming up at home.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 11 Dec 2016, 4:36 pm

one defender went for the ball with his wrong foot, cross came in 3 defenders not marking the 2 Liverpool players 1-0 down already.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 11 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

Indeed, I didn't analyse the goal but rapidly came to the conclusion we really are shit!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 11 Dec 2016, 5:01 pm

unfortunately I analyse every goal lol

Payet joins the party to bring us level with a free kick. Liverpool v West Ham 780148547
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 11 Dec 2016, 5:05 pm

Well it's certainly looking a bit better now! Liverpool v West Ham 780148547
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 11 Dec 2016, 5:10 pm

That worked! Liverpool v West Ham 1343512671
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sun 11 Dec 2016, 6:47 pm

Bit quiet on here but anyway, a point away at Liverpool at this time has to be a good point. And personally I'd say Randolph earned us that point with is save from Henderson.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 11 Dec 2016, 7:03 pm

Agree with you on Randolph.  He was gutted being interviewed after the match, but showed guts to face the cameras. 

Overall happy with the point, especially as we were expecting a slaughtering.

So, Randy learning a lesson, Payet and Antonio both scoring and Andy Carroll making such a difference when he came on.  All fares well for our two home games this week, hopefully  Liverpool v West Ham 780148547

COYI
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:23 am

Proud of the boys yesterday. Could have crumbled after going behind so early - but didn't. Could have crumbled again after conceding so early in the second half - but didn't. However, we will keep leaking goals unless we get a proper defensive coach into the set-up and coach our defenders in organisation, communication and positioning - as they are awful at all three. Add to that a central midfield that has been being bypassed since Allardyce left and we will always leave our back four/five exposed. What worries me is that our manager - a defender - cannot see it or is too stubborn to do anything about it

Ogbonna is not good enough in my opinion and is always liable to mess up. Gangly, poor touch, no pace, positionally poor, too laid back and seems incapable of passing the ball to a member of his team. Collins is not the answer to play alongside Winston Reid either. Is Reece Oxford ready? I am not convinced. He is 17 years of age

We need a top DEFENDER to play alongside Reid. A no-nonsense centre half; a younger James Collins if you like. A talker. An organiser. A leader. We also need a proper right back. Byram is not ready. Arbeloa is WAY past his sell-by date and Antonio is NOT a right back

Our recruitment in the summer was all geared around bringing in "a world class striker". We failed miserably. However, what the board and Bilic should have been concentrating on was bolstering our defence. Our goals-against record at the back end of last season was shocking. In 8 of the last 12 PL matches we conceded at least 2 goals. That theme has continued this season. In 9 of our 15 league games we have conceded at least 2 goals. This has been compounded by the fact that we are not creating or scoring goals at the other end; something that got us out of trouble last season

The January transfer window is going to be one of the most important at our club for years
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Mon 12 Dec 2016, 10:55 am

Seems even more obvious to me that selling Tomkins was a ridiculous decision. Surely he should have been the natural replacement for Collins (as Collins is getting older). Reid & Tomkins for me would have been the way forward.

Personally I think Sam Byram is ready to be our first choice right sided full back and I cannot see why not to bring in Oxford. How old was Rio when he broke into the first team? And... in any case, what has age got to do with it, if you're good enough you're old enough.

Anyway, good point and I hope Randolph get praise for his save not castigated for his error. Wonder who will be in goal next game? p.s. On the subject of goalies what do we think of the idea that we might sign Joe Hart?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Mon 12 Dec 2016, 11:41 am

I never, ever want to see Nordtveit in a West Ham first team again. He is woeful. 

Due to his positional ineptitude, highlighted by Reid after their second, he will continue to cost us goals. 

He was a rabbit in the headlights from the first whistle to the last. 

In my opinion, we played with 10 men for the entire match. Other players were having to drop back to cover his right back position while he floundered around in between the centre backs. Yes, he made a couple of nice long passes up field, (when he had plenty of time to do it). Yes, he made some blocks in the box but I'm not convinced he actually knew what he was doing. 

Total, total, waste of money keeping him on the books. He needs to go in the January window. Talking of which, a quality Right Back should be top of our shopping list come January 1st. Pay the money required, lets not fupp about.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:01 pm

Tony P wrote:Proud of the boys yesterday. Could have crumbled after going behind so early - but didn't. Could have crumbled again after conceding so early in the second half - but didn't. However, we will keep leaking goals unless we get a proper defensive coach into the set-up and coach our defenders in organisation, communication and positioning - as they are awful at all three. Add to that a central midfield that has been being bypassed since Allardyce left and we will always leave our back four/five exposed. What worries me is that our manager - a defender - cannot see it or is too stubborn to do anything about it

Ogbonna is not good enough in my opinion and is always liable to mess up. Gangly, poor touch, no pace, positionally poor, too laid back and seems incapable of passing the ball to a member of his team. Collins is not the answer to play alongside Winston Reid either. Is Reece Oxford ready? I am not convinced. He is 17 years of age

We need a top DEFENDER to play alongside Reid. A no-nonsense centre half; a younger James Collins if you like. A talker. An organiser. A leader. We also need a proper right back. Byram is not ready. Arbeloa is WAY past his sell-by date and Antonio is NOT a right back

Our recruitment in the summer was all geared around bringing in "a world class striker". We failed miserably. However, what the board and Bilic should have been concentrating on was bolstering our defence. Our goals-against record at the back end of last season was shocking. In 8 of the last 12 PL matches we conceded at least 2 goals. That theme has continued this season. In 9 of our 15 league games we have conceded at least 2 goals. This has been compounded by the fact that we are not creating or scoring goals at the other end; something that got us out of trouble last season

The January transfer window is going to be one of the most important at our club for years

I cant believe the amount of hammers fans out there who are still banging on about we must bring in a striker in the window dude,

A leader at the back needed all day long for me Liverpool v West Ham 780148547
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:04 pm

Blakey wrote:I never, ever want to see Nordtveit in a West Ham first team again. He is woeful. 

Due to his positional ineptitude, highlighted by Reid after their second, he will continue to cost us goals. 

He was a rabbit in the headlights from the first whistle to the last. 

In my opinion, we played with 10 men for the entire match. Other players were having to drop back to cover his right back position while he floundered around in between the centre backs. Yes, he made a couple of nice long passes up field, (when he had plenty of time to do it). Yes, he made some blocks in the box but I'm not convinced he actually knew what he was doing. 

Total, total, waste of money keeping him on the books. He needs to go in the January window. Talking of which, a quality Right Back should be top of our shopping list come January 1st. Pay the money required, lets not fupp about.

It summed him up when under no pressure he calmly took a ball down on his chest and rather than side footing it up the line to Antonio he kicked it straight out for a throw. Liverpool v West Ham 2723394577
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 12 Dec 2016, 10:08 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    Tony P wrote:Proud of the boys yesterday. Could have crumbled after going behind so early - but didn't. Could have crumbled again after conceding so early in the second half - but didn't. However, we will keep leaking goals unless we get a proper defensive coach into the set-up and coach our defenders in organisation, communication and positioning - as they are awful at all three. Add to that a central midfield that has been being bypassed since Allardyce left and we will always leave our back four/five exposed. What worries me is that our manager - a defender - cannot see it or is too stubborn to do anything about it

I cant believe the amount of hammers fans out there who are still banging on about we must bring in a striker in the window dude,

A leader at the back needed all day long for me Liverpool v West Ham 780148547

I would even accept John Terry on loan until the end of the season. Yes, we are desperate
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 15 Dec 2016, 1:58 pm

yeah that
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 15 Dec 2016, 8:27 pm

Yet again Ogbonna showed just what a clown he is last night. Completely missing a clearance, tripping over the ball, being beaten in the air all night and continually passing to the opposition. Woeful
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 17 Dec 2016, 7:35 am

I think Ogbonna is a good defender but like a lot of our players this year he just seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence which causing them and him to make these silly Mistakes which at the moment are costing us Points.

A clean on Wednesday would of given the team a massive boost on top of the fact we got the 3 points and another 3 points today against Hull will get the confidence up even and the fact a win would take up to at least 13th if results go our way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 5:51 am