West Ham Cockney Boys

West Ham v Liver poo

westhamonkey
    Reserves

Re: West Ham v Liver poo

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm

so we're 9 wins and 11 losses at the O.S.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 7:14 pm

acres of space for Liverpool to attack

acres of space in the empty stands

westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's another early walkout from a dispirited London Stadium. The ground is half empty with 15 minutes to go, just as it was in the last home match against Brighton. Even considering West Ham have four strikers on the field, with gaps inevitable at the back, Liverpool are carving them apart at will. Amazing it is only 4-1.
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 7:22 pm

if Everton manage to beat Watford tomorrow we'll be back in the relegation zone...
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 9:15 am

I left at 4-1, just lost for words at the moment.
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 9:45 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    thank fupp... Noble is off... Artonovic is on in his place...

I'd have Noble over Obiang all day long at the minute, the bloke is a waste of a shirt what the fupp has happened to him ?
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 3:42 pm

So talksport have Slaven as a dead man walking, gone on the moro, sadly thet are also mooting Moyes as a potential replacement!!!! 

Bring back BFS,  at least he'll organise them and put a bit of heart in them, thats how desperate I think the situation is!! 
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 4:00 am

mottinghammer wrote:So talksport have Slaven as a dead man walking, gone on the moro, sadly thet are also mooting Moyes as a potential replacement!!!! 

Bring back BFS,  at least he'll organise them and put a bit of heart in them, thats how desperate I think the situation is!! 

wouldn't be the worst thing we could do
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

Post  westhamonkey on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 4:01 am

Kray JR wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

I'd have Noble over Obiang all day long at the minute, the bloke is a waste of a shirt what the fupp has happened to him ?

you'd be hard pushed to keep any of them after a display like that... you know my feelings on Hart... and he was probably our best player
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 9:09 am

Kray JR wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

I don't think anything has "happened to him". He has always been like that. He has always had that swashbuckling spirit about him. However, it got masked over the years when he had "legs" around him and a manager who coached his team properly

I watch Noble now and, when we don't have the ball, all I see is someone running around like a headless chicken chasing the ball like a kid in a playground; completely ignoring the player he is supposed to be marking. Against Liverpoool it was Emre Can. He gave him the freedom of Stratford while he ran around pointing at others to mark. Obiang got close to Wijnaldum and Noble got close to nobody

In possession I see him demanding the ball in deep lying positions and then doing absolutely nothing positive with it. His first instinct is to turn towards his own goal. He must be so easy to mark. Just press him and he will go backwards and the ball will end up with our keeper who has to hoof it long

When we have a free kick in our half, instead of sending the centre halves up and getting the ball into the box, he demands to take it, plays a one two with someone then it ends up with our keeper who has to hoof it long

I have never thought that Noble is anything other than an average - bottom half - midfielder. He has been forgiven the wrath that players like Nordtveit and other better midfielders have received just because he is "Mr West Ham"

Nowadays, more than ever, to be a good central midfielder in the Premier League, you need either pace, power or in the case of the top, top players - both. He has neither. Failing that you need to have the discipline to know your limitations and sit in front of the back four with the sole purpose of protecting your back four. Win the ball and then give it to the more gifted players. He hasn't got the discipline to to that. Only Obiang has

I believe that Bilic knows this and did leave him out when he had both Obiang and Kouyate available to play centrally. Sadly now, Kouyate is being wasted in the back line due to injuries & suspensions. It is not lost on me either that Bilic substitutes Noble most league games too. He had a decent second half against Spurs and Bilic made the mistake of starting him against Palace - based purely on loyalty. He looked tired from the first whistle and our midfield was completely over run as it was yesterday

Every England manager cannot be wrong. They have nothing personal against Noble. He is simply not what is needed in an international midfield. No pace, no power, no incisive range of passing, no goal threat, no heading ability. What would he offer an England manager who wants to pit his wits against the top sides in the world?

You have been a loyal servant to West Ham Nobes but the limitations you had 10 years ago are being highlighted and exposed more and more each week. It will be interesting to see what any prospective new manager does with him

COYI
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 1:32 pm

yeah that yeah that yeah that

Times up on Mr West Ham, even Sir Bobby had a sell by date and he was in a different universe to Noble.
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

Post  Charlie Ham on Wed 08 Nov 2017, 3:30 pm

I have said for the last 4 years that Noble at best is a bottom third PL players.

I think he could have been one of problems for Bilic and the best thing we can do is thank him for his service and let him go on a free transfer.
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 7:07 pm

Poor Nobes......Most of the time he has nobody to pass to  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:22 pm