West Ham Cockney Boys


    Myclub and me

    Share
    avatar
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2514
    Join date : 2011-02-22
    Age : 61
    Location : Narf Naarfolk 140 miles from UP

    Myclub and me

    Post  mottinghammer on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 4:07 pm

    I started following West Ham United in 1967, I dont come from an East End background (should have been a gooner if anything) but in the wake of the 1966 world cup win, I like many other impressionable 10year old became a glory hunting Hammer. Not a bad time to support them, FA cup in 64, cup winners cup in 65 and the world cup in 66. Moore, Hurst and Peters in the side, what could go wrong. My first geme at upton park was a draw against Spurs and I was hooked, I really did grow up on the  North bank. 
    Since then I've had some magical highs and some despairing lows. The league cup run in 1972, two FA cup finals at wembley. The best game i ever saw againt Eintracht Fankfurt in the cup winners cup s-f. The boys of 86.players like Billy Bonds, Devo, sir Trevor, DiCanio, cole, Carrick, Ferdidnand. Ive watched sone horeendous rubbish as well under some poor managers, Roeder and Grant being the stand out shite ones. 
    I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years, and have made some fantastic friends at upton park and on this forum. 

    So why this boring tirade? After the games on Wednesday against one of the poorest and most out  of form Everton sides for a life time I suddenly felt like I'd never felt before. I was sick to my stomach about what was happening to one of the most constant and important things in my life. Its not just that we were so poor, been there before in the 80's,90's and 2000's,but that no one at the club other than the supporters gives  a toss.  The players are all millionaires, who will move on andmake pot loads elsewhere, the manager is in the last chance saloon and was the cheap option and the owners have made millions from selling our home, have at best a dodgy looking deal on our new home and are increasingly making us a laughing stock. Ournet spend in the transfer market was less than £10 million and we appear to have bought a load of shite again. 
    I feel for those going week in week out at least I dont have to any y more, (to far from Narfolkshire) but I know cant even watch in the tv, I dont want to talk  about football at work. GaS have ripped the heart out of my club more thanBrown and the icelanders ever did. I can only seeus doung a Sunderland and dropping like  a stone with a half empty white elephant hanging round our necks as a reminder of what they have done to us. 
    (we'll probably beatciteh 1-0 now!)
    avatar
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1336
    Join date : 2011-04-04

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  westhamonkey on Sun 03 Dec 2017, 7:09 pm



    we nearly did... but we showed some heart and a bit of backbone for the first time in a long while.

    we still lost (we're West Ham after all) but this was a much better performance than we had any right to expect given the shit we've been served up in the past couple of seasons.

    if it's a turning point then all is good

    if it just portends more of the same... we're in deep, deep doody
    avatar
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5304
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 59
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Jiggs on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:06 am

    Motty ...... 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This lot are sick of everything West Ham and mean business.   In only a week they have amassed a following of just under 10,000.00  

    They had a meeting tonight at the Boleyn Pub to discuss they way forward.  From letting off black balloons at a certain time during a televised match, black to represent the death of our club to stopping people access into the stadium store for starters. Then much bigger demonstrations and the like.  Headed by Andy Swallow, Micky Morgan, Bill Gardner and Moose they have solicitors, media people etc; and even scaffolders to erect platforms for them.

    They are going at the board in stages, and the first five points were thrown at them 27th November.
    1) Must take up full away ticket allocation 
    2) Memorial to be maintained regularly 
    3) The Hammer and Castle badge to be recognised with immediate effect on match programme and in future in the stadium 4) The owners to be more professional on social media ie remove the sullivan kids from speaking on the clubs behalf 
    5) The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half . 
    They club have 7 days to respond if they fail to deliver a full demo / march will take place . Now we need 5 action plan for the disabled / elderly / family. (Club have already responded to some, but I can't find where)

    Go take a look and join up

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


    _________________
    avatar
    westhamonkey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1336
    Join date : 2011-04-04

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  westhamonkey on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:59 am



    really?

    seriously?

    I mean... i'm not even gonna touch the fact that one of the representatives is called moose...

    those are the pressing issues?

    you mean it's more vital to people that they have a proper break to get a fupping cup of tea than the fact we con't own anything to give us any value?

    you mean it's more important that we shut up Sullivan's son (something I've actually been advocating since day 1) then figure out how we got a shit manager like Moyes 24 hours after Bilic was sacked thereby meaning there was no due diligence done on finding a better replacement - unless the whole thing was a stitch up?

    I've had my problems with fellow West Ham 'fans' for a long old time... but this surely is a joke... right?
    avatar
    Blakey
    Reserves

    Posts : 1233
    Join date : 2011-02-19
    Location : Norff

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Blakey on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 6:26 am

    westhamonkey wrote:

    really?

    seriously?

    I mean... i'm not even gonna touch the fact that one of the representatives is called moose...

    those are the pressing issues?

    you mean it's more vital to people that they have a proper break to get a fupping cup of tea than the fact we con't own anything to give us any value?

    you mean it's more important that we shut up Sullivan's son (something I've actually been advocating since day 1) then figure out how we got a shit manager like Moyes 24 hours after Bilic was sacked thereby meaning there was no due diligence done on finding a better replacement - unless the whole thing was a stitch up?

    I've had my problems with fellow West Ham 'fans' for a long old time... but this surely is a joke... right?

    I heard Andy Swallow talk on the West Ham Way podcast, talked an awful lot of sense. They are taking the slowly slowly approach which is entirely sensible. i.E. lets ask them for stuff that is fixable initially, like away allocation. The club have listened and will be taking full allocation and 10% that will be made available to those that don't have the requisite Priority Points, (you can only amass PP by buying away tickets). 

    Andy conceded that the 15 minute interval time was not something that can be done overnight but it was something that the people that go to games have raised with them time and time again. At least make the club aware of the issue. 

    Shutting up the Sullivans is something that has been required since the take over. Not just the kids either. 

    Oh, and if you seriously think that the board sacked Bilic without doing any background work you really are stupid. They knew and have known for some time that he was walking a very fine line and that when push came to shove, which it did, they had to have an immediate plan of action. Otherwise they would have been left in the same boat as Everton or having to go cap in hand to The King, (Pardew). Neither of those scenarios were acceptable.
    avatar
    Charlie Ham
    Reserves

    Posts : 1846
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : North West Kent

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Charlie Ham on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 10:37 am

    I
    mottinghammer wrote:I started following West Ham United in 1967, I dont come from an East End background (should have been a gooner if anything) but in the wake of the 1966 world cup win, I like many other impressionable 10year old became a glory hunting Hammer. Not a bad time to support them, FA cup in 64, cup winners cup in 65 and the world cup in 66. Moore, Hurst and Peters in the side, what could go wrong. My first geme at upton park was a draw against Spurs and I was hooked, I really did grow up on the  North bank. 
    Since then I've had some magical highs and some despairing lows. The league cup run in 1972, two FA cup finals at wembley. The best game i ever saw againt Eintracht Fankfurt in the cup winners cup s-f. The boys of 86.players like Billy Bonds, Devo, sir Trevor, DiCanio, cole, Carrick, Ferdidnand. Ive watched sone horeendous rubbish as well under some poor managers, Roeder and Grant being the stand out shite ones. 
    I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years, and have made some fantastic friends at upton park and on this forum. 

    So why this boring tirade? After the games on Wednesday against one of the poorest and most out  of form Everton sides for a life time I suddenly felt like I'd never felt before. I was sick to my stomach about what was happening to one of the most constant and important things in my life. Its not just that we were so poor, been there before in the 80's,90's and 2000's,but that no one at the club other than the supporters gives  a toss.  The players are all millionaires, who will move on andmake pot loads elsewhere, the manager is in the last chance saloon and was the cheap option and the owners have made millions from selling our home, have at best a dodgy looking deal on our new home and are increasingly making us a laughing stock. Ournet spend in the transfer market was less than £10 million and we appear to have bought a load of shite again. 
    I feel for those going week in week out at least I dont have to any y more, (to far from Narfolkshire) but I know cant even watch in the tv, I dont want to talk  about football at work. GaS have ripped the heart out of my club more thanBrown and the icelanders ever did. I can only seeus doung a Sunderland and dropping like  a stone with a half empty white elephant hanging round our necks as a reminder of what they have done to us. 
    (we'll probably beatciteh 1-0 now!)

    I've come to terms with going down due to the club being wrongly run and I will not be re-newing my season ticket next year.
    avatar
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

    Posts : 2514
    Join date : 2011-02-22
    Age : 61
    Location : Narf Naarfolk 140 miles from UP

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  mottinghammer on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 3:15 pm

    Jiggs wrote:Motty ...... 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This lot are sick of everything West Ham and mean business.   In only a week they have amassed a following of just under 10,000.00  

    They had a meeting tonight at the Boleyn Pub to discuss they way forward.  From letting off black balloons at a certain time during a televised match, black to represent the death of our club to stopping people access into the stadium store for starters. Then much bigger demonstrations and the like.  Headed by Andy Swallow, Micky Morgan, Bill Gardner and Moose they have solicitors, media people etc; and even scaffolders to erect platforms for them.

    They are going at the board in stages, and the first five points were thrown at them 27th November.
    1) Must take up full away ticket allocation 
    2) Memorial to be maintained regularly 
    3) The Hammer and Castle badge to be recognised with immediate effect on match programme and in future in the stadium 4) The owners to be more professional on social media ie remove the sullivan kids from speaking on the clubs behalf 
    5) The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half . 
    They club have 7 days to respond if they fail to deliver a full demo / march will take place . Now we need 5 action plan for the disabled / elderly / family. (Club have already responded to some, but I can't find where)

    Go take a look and join up

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Jiggs,
    Thanks for that have watched the video of the meeting, good to see that real supporters still exist. Unfortunately it was said, and is true, GaS dont give a monkies for the heart and soul of the club, they would have 50k tourists there to be ripped off rather than proper West Ham supporters.
    Its a start, some very good things said, its got to be done properly and together, otherwise it fails.
    But it did make me feel good to see there is still some passion about the club.

    avatar
    IronDane
    Reserves

    Posts : 1055
    Join date : 2011-03-25
    Age : 43
    Location : Maiden Denmark

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  IronDane on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 8:20 am

    Seems they are doing a good job and getting some results out of it. Keep up the good work and this club will be great again!  Bear
    avatar
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5304
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 59
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Jiggs on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm

    Blakey wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

    really?

    seriously?

    I mean... i'm not even gonna touch the fact that one of the representatives is called moose...

    those are the pressing issues?

    you mean it's more vital to people that they have a proper break to get a fupping cup of tea than the fact we con't own anything to give us any value?

    you mean it's more important that we shut up Sullivan's son (something I've actually been advocating since day 1) then figure out how we got a shit manager like Moyes 24 hours after Bilic was sacked thereby meaning there was no due diligence done on finding a better replacement - unless the whole thing was a stitch up?

    I've had my problems with fellow West Ham 'fans' for a long old time... but this surely is a joke... right?

    I heard Andy Swallow talk on the West Ham Way podcast, talked an awful lot of sense. They are taking the slowly slowly approach which is entirely sensible. i.E. lets ask them for stuff that is fixable initially, like away allocation. The club have listened and will be taking full allocation and 10% that will be made available to those that don't have the requisite Priority Points, (you can only amass PP by buying away tickets). 

    Andy conceded that the 15 minute interval time was not something that can be done overnight but it was something that the people that go to games have raised with them time and time again. At least make the club aware of the issue. 

    Shutting up the Sullivans is something that has been required since the take over. Not just the kids either. 

    Oh, and if you seriously think that the board sacked Bilic without doing any background work you really are stupid. They knew and have known for some time that he was walking a very fine line and that when push came to shove, which it did, they had to have an immediate plan of action. Otherwise they would have been left in the same boat as Everton or having to go cap in hand to The King, (Pardew). Neither of those scenarios were acceptable.

    Yep, you got it Blakey, slowly, slowly, catchee monkey. 

    Some of the members want to jump in heads first and demonstrate/march etc, but have been told to calm down and do as they are told, in no uncertain terms.


    _________________
    avatar
    Jiggs
    1st team

    Posts : 5304
    Join date : 2011-02-18
    Age : 59
    Location : Romford or Upton Park

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Jiggs on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 7:54 pm

    mottinghammer wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Motty ...... 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This lot are sick of everything West Ham and mean business.   In only a week they have amassed a following of just under 10,000.00  

    They had a meeting tonight at the Boleyn Pub to discuss they way forward.  From letting off black balloons at a certain time during a televised match, black to represent the death of our club to stopping people access into the stadium store for starters. Then much bigger demonstrations and the like.  Headed by Andy Swallow, Micky Morgan, Bill Gardner and Moose they have solicitors, media people etc; and even scaffolders to erect platforms for them.

    They are going at the board in stages, and the first five points were thrown at them 27th November.
    1) Must take up full away ticket allocation 
    2) Memorial to be maintained regularly 
    3) The Hammer and Castle badge to be recognised with immediate effect on match programme and in future in the stadium 4) The owners to be more professional on social media ie remove the sullivan kids from speaking on the clubs behalf 
    5) The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half . 
    They club have 7 days to respond if they fail to deliver a full demo / march will take place . Now we need 5 action plan for the disabled / elderly / family. (Club have already responded to some, but I can't find where)

    Go take a look and join up

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Jiggs,
    Thanks for that have watched the video of the meeting, good to see that real supporters still exist. Unfortunately it was said, and is true, GaS dont give a monkies for the heart and soul of the club, they would have 50k tourists there to be ripped off rather than proper West Ham supporters.
    Its a start, some very good things said, its got to be done properly and together, otherwise it fails.
    But it did make me feel good to see there is still some passion about the club.


    Oh they're passionate alright Motty.  They were around putting the kibosh on the Bond Scheme. Passionate and not to be messed with by all accounts cheesey grin


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Myclub and me

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:22 am