West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

West Ham v Man City

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Ham v Man City Empty West Ham v Man City

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 29 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm

We lost.......................Again.

Team is an utter disgrace.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

West Ham v Man City Empty Re: West Ham v Man City

Post  westhamonkey Mon 30 Apr 2018, 1:50 am

was working n a different timezone and so missed the game - which seems like a blessing on my part...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a little taste:

It is difficult to know which statistic should cause the most embarrassment for West Ham. Perhaps the one about this being the 15th time they have shipped at least three goals in this season’s Premier League will be your favourite. But we also need to remember they have the leakiest defence in the top flight, with 67 conceded in 35 games, and that their fourth 4-1 defeat in 2018 means they have let in three goals or more in 13 home fixtures since moving to the London Stadium two years ago.

or this...

The reason Moyes has mostly favoured a 3-4-2-1 system is because he does not trust his team to defend well enough in a 4-4-2 system. The Scot, who replaced Slaven Bilic in November, is not wrong. West Ham have vulnerable full-backs, a shortage of centre-backs, ponderous central midfielders, no fit wide players and strikers who do not work hard enough off the ball. They have mostly lined up without a traditional centre-forward under Moyes, with Marko Arnautovic often shouldering the goalscoring burden in an unfamiliar lone role up front.

or there's this from the BBC:

David Moyes' side did not help themselves with an error-strewn defensive display, epitomised by City's second goal, which bordered on slapstick.

Adrian rushed off his line but failed to win the ball, Angelo Ogbonna botched a headed clearance and then Declan Rice and Zabaleta contrived to put the ball into their own net.

West Ham had nine players in the penalty area yet still conceded.

Moyes, arms folded with a furrowed brow, cut a nervous figure on the touchline, aware of their position in the table.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 30 Apr 2018, 9:55 am

It what a lot of us have been saying for a couple of years in that the owners have not supplied the resources to complete in the PL.

We have to now rely on luck to stay up because we do not have the playing staff to gain the extra points we need.

What a sorry state we are.

The only good thing about West Ham are our supporters, everything else is a first class mess.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 02 May 2018, 8:07 pm

Well said Charlie....
    Are you renewing next season?
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 02 May 2018, 10:00 pm

Jiggs,

If we go down then no.

If we stay up then 50/50 chance.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 02 May 2018, 10:09 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:It what a lot of us have been saying for a couple of years in that the owners have not supplied the resources to complete in the PL.

We have to now rely on luck to stay up because we do not have the playing staff to gain the extra points we need.

What a sorry state we are.

The only good thing about West Ham are our supporters, everything else is a first class mess.
    yeah that Unfortunately so true Charlie  Sad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 05 May 2018, 9:28 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Jiggs,

If we go down then no.

We've been debating. Abbi is a definite no, which makes me think I should follow suit. The others are saying what else would we do on a Saturday/any other time sky decides. I'm thinking what else I could do with the money whilst fearing if I give it up I won't get it back.  Not exactly the best reasons to renew are they  cheesey grin
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 05 May 2018, 3:13 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Jiggs,

If we go down then no.

We've been debating. Abbi is a definite no, which makes me think I should follow suit. The others are saying what else would we do on a Saturday/any other time sky decides. I'm thinking what else I could do with the money whilst fearing if I give it up I won't get it back.  Not exactly the best reasons to renew are they  cheesey grin

Jiggs,
    See how you feel after today's game.
    It's just a pity we can't make up our minds till after the transfer window shuts.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 09 May 2018, 9:00 pm

The bastards! How well did they play on Saturday, even though Leicester have one foot on the beach.

Looks like I'll be renewing then  rofl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 8:15 am