West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Arsene Wenger

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Arsene Wenger Empty Arsene Wenger

Post  westhamonkey Wed 09 May 2018, 7:31 pm

I'm not a fan of other team's managers... and no one leaves after 22 years at the top of their game...

but...

I really don't want moyes at west ham past the weekend...

so...

if we're looking for a new manager... might Wenger be a decent choice for a couple of years to see if we can get ourselves stabilized?
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Arsene Wenger Empty Re: Arsene Wenger

Post  mottinghammer Wed 09 May 2018, 8:00 pm

No I think he's time is up. Should retire gracefully now. 

If Fulham don't go up the chap there looks pretty good, Benitizif they could prise him away from the barcodes, but why would any one want to work for our shister owners?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 09 May 2018, 8:57 pm

I don't think we have any chance of getting a proven manager and reckon Moyes is a done deal ..... 
    They're keeping it quiet until after deadline day for renewing season tickets.  I'd change my mind again and swerve
    it if he was confirmed before then.....as would loads of others. 

Maybe they should give a chance to some up and coming young manager, ala Dyche.  
    Bit of a risk, but the Cowley brothers come to mind.....What? eh? It could be a masterstroke.  nailbiter
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 10 May 2018, 1:52 am

Jiggs wrote:I don't think we have any chance of getting a proven manager and reckon Moyes is a done deal ..... 
    They're keeping it quiet until after deadline day for renewing season tickets.  I'd change my mind again and swerve
    it if he was confirmed before then.....as would loads of others. 

Maybe they should give a chance to some up and coming young manager, ala Dyche.  
    Bit of a risk, but the Cowley brothers come to mind.....What? eh? It could be a masterstroke.  nailbiter

i don't disagree at all... one of the most depressing things about being a West Ham fan is seeing so many other teams hiring managers no one has ever heard of or who have only a lower league pedigree and watching them to so much better than us...

like I posted in the match thread...

we are currently below....
    Burnely
    Leicester
    Newcastle
    Palace
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Brighton

and could conceivably end up below Hudderfeidl and Southampton...

yet apart from Benitez at the Toon... how many of those managers would we as fans have been happy with?

But yet all those teams stand a better than average chance of finishing higher than us

And yes, Wenger is finished... but in 22 years, this years 6th place is his worst ever finish isn't it?

I would never tout him as the future... but we need someone to stabilize the ship... stop all this relegation bullshit.

Unfortunately the "fans" decided that Allardyce was not their favorite (despite having been the only manager to ever get us promoted first time of asking, and at least understanding how to steady a ship) so what lies ahead for us?

To be honest.. I think trawling social media as I do and listening to the endless spouting of ridiculous ideas... we actually deserve Moyes... we deserve a manager without a clue who will get us nowhere but continually relegation flirting and piss poor preferences...

I just see no will at the club to push for anything better...

if we don't change our perceptions and expectations... nothing else will ever change.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 10 May 2018, 1:54 am

obviously we could still finish tenth... but still...
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 10 May 2018, 12:35 pm

Of the clubs you have shown I'd take the managers of Barcodes, Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley over what we currently have, but it aint gonna happen. Agree with the Jiggly one, Moyesxis a done deal, the shisters are just holding back on saying so to sucker more people into renewing their ST.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 10 May 2018, 3:07 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Of the clubs you have shown I'd take the managers of Barcodes, Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley over what we currently have, but it aint gonna happen. Agree with the Jiggly one, Moyesxis a done deal, the shisters are just holding back on saying so to sucker more people into renewing their ST.

agreed - until the club changes their thinking things aren't gonna change
    Stevenage Dave
    Stevenage Dave
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stevenage Dave Tue 15 May 2018, 5:18 pm

Wenger is strongly rumoured to be discussing terms
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 16 May 2018, 5:59 pm

well at least Moyes has gone.... so there's some good news at the end of the season...
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 16 May 2018, 8:50 pm

Yes but who follows him? Reports say the guy from Shakta? Other reports say he has already walked away after talking with Gollum Sullivan. Benitiz would be mad to go from one basket case club to another, and the rest of the half decent managers who in the past might have taken the job can see its a poison chalice while GSB are in charge. 

I think our best bet is either bill n ben or andy pandy because thats what we're becoming, a laughing stock

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:48 am