West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019 Empty AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:33 pm

yes indeed, time to trot out once again my tales of travails with the ManUre drubbing and 3:30am wake ups...

today's birthday bonanza is at the much more civilized hours of 11:45am... but the mid-day kick-offs to tend to play havoc with the scheduling of the day...

anyways... here it is, the glory of the FA Cup...

just had to sit through Millwall dumping the Toffees out on their collective arses...

hopefully a similar fate does not await us...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019 Empty Re: AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:48 pm

Team News:

West Ham: Adrian; Antonio, Ogbonna, Diop, Masuaku, Obiang, Noble, Snodgrass, Diangana, Carroll, Hernandez.

Subs: Fabianksi, Fredericks, Rice, Coventry, Holland, Anderson, Perez.

so it's the Carroll/Noble West Ham out on display.. my least favorite of the West Ham's we have and the one that failed so miserably this time last week.

the news says Arnautovic has decided to stay - but I guess it's too much to expect him to actually play.

Chicharito gets a full game - or at least the chance of one...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019 Empty Re: AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:52 pm

it's qa horrible looking little ground, so the TV coverage is suitably low quality...

I'm not sure the 'chem flow end' is anywhere anyone would like to stand...

couple chances for the Wombles... they just missed a golden opportunity for a free shot on goal but hoofed it wide when it looked easier to score...

nice bum clencher to hopefully make us up our game... but I'm not holding my breath...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:55 pm

looking suitably crap at the back... several continuous errors lead to a Wombles free kick right on the edge of the box...

not looking sharp at all...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:56 pm

holy crap... took a good reaction save from Adrian to keep that out...

we're really under the cosh at the moment...

losing every 50/50 ball...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 7:58 pm

the Guardian sums it up well...

"10 min: Terell Thomas is again involved in the box and the defender does brilliantly to keep the ball in play. West Ham are sleeping, with Adrian in no man’s land as Thomas hooks the ball back into the box. Connolly, a new arrival from Dundalk, was waiting totally unmarked in the six-yard box. West Ham totally switched off there."

but as I c&P that, Chicharito almost gets in on goal but wins a corner...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:04 pm

Wombles fans singing 'can you 'ear the west ham sing...'

just about sums it up... we've got bugger all to sing about
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:08 pm

it's all Wimbledon at the moment... I think we should just give them a goal and get it over with... we've got nothing to show so let's just concede a goal and start over
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:20 pm

sorry for the lack of updates... to be honest, this is even poorer than last week's debacle...

we just have nothing..

I mean who thought a midfield of Noble and obiang would do anything...

and as I decide to type this... the Wombles go and score...

the better side is getting the reward for their endeavors...

it was actually a deflected own goal to get the ball past Adrian... but it's nothing less than Wimbledon deserve...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:22 pm

"GOAL! AFC Wimbledon 1-0 West Ham (Appiah, 34)

A kind deflection helps the ball past Adrian, but the hosts get a well-deserved goal. Kwesi Appiah’s shot is diverted by Angelo Ogbonna’s big toe and that’s enough to bamboozle Adrian, who had already gone to ground. Appiah, who scored a last-minute winner in the third round, has given Wimbledon the lead. West Ham cannot say it had not been coming. Carroll lost possession, Oshilaja then fed Wordsworth who, in turn, played a cute ball through to the Ghanaian forward. The rest is history."

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:27 pm

holy shit... this is a right old birthday present...

Wombles slice us open and slide the ball simply past Adrian...

embarrassing...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:31 pm

not really sure what's going on with this team at the moment... 1 minute of the 1st half to try to make amends...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:33 pm

"Scott Wagstaff just glided towards the edge of the box and slid it so coolly past the onrushing Adrian. Cool as you like. There is not enough physicality about West Ham right now and that is a massive goal. What an opening 45 minutes this could be."

"Are West Ham boycotting defending here? AFC Wimbledon are put under no pressure as a header goes all the way across goal with another player almost turning it home at the back post."

"It should be three-nil! A routine ball towards the back post reaches an unmarked Oshilaja. He nods across goal, but nobody can get on the end of it. If they were not already Wimbledon could have been in dreamland then. West Ham are all over the place. They have got what they deserved. Pellegrini surely has to change things at half-time."

Noble has to go.

Carroll has to go.

Obiang has to go.

can we ask to make more than 3 subs?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:51 pm

So... 2nd half starts up...

3 changes made by the manager... and not surprisingly, I called 2 of them...

Carroll off for Perez

Obiang off for Anderson

Diangana off for Fredericks...

and the Comms has not even finished listing the three changes before Wimbledon streak through our non-existent defense and score again...

so 46 minutes gone and we're 3-0 down....

yes... it really is that bad...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:53 pm

the West Ham fans are manfully singing bubbles...

how Noble is still on the park is a total mystery to me

Ogbonna has been terrible and should be out

Antonio has sone nothing although his nothing makes him probably our most active player.

I told you... we need more than 3 subs...

on the bright side, I guess I can cancel my ESPM+ subscription after this game...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:56 pm

oooh... we have a corner...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:01 pm

Perez puts the ball in the back of the net.

The silence around the ground is deafening...

Fredricks crossed the ball which evaded all the players and goalkeeper in the 6 yard box and Perez shoot from about 6 yards out...

but the Wombles are back on the attack...

3-1
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:08 pm

Antonio is trying - he's the only one... but he's trying.

25 minutes to go... can't see us getting out of this one..
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

terrible foul as a West Ham player is up-ended right on the edge of the box... free kick follows and Anderson slams the ball into the back of the net...

again, almost dead silence greets the goal... so there can't be (m)any West Ham fans in attendance - unless they all went home at half time (and who could blame them)

so... 15 minutes left... 3-2
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:32 pm

Wombles almost score... as they step up for the last few minutes of the game

and then in the follow up the actually score...
    a 19 year old with his first goal...

we are the softest touch of teams at the moment...

5 WHUFC defenders... but basically a free header for the goal...

4-2
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:35 pm

5 additional minutes of this shit to get through...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:41 pm

we miss three gilt edged chances inside the box...

what a shitshow...

happy birthday to me.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Jan 2019, 10:31 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

Antonio has sone nothing although his nothing makes him probably our most active player.

on the bright side, I guess I can cancel my ESPM+ subscription after this game...

No more subs dude ............ But happy birthday anyway  AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019 682077930
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 27 Jan 2019, 12:13 am

Jiggs wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

No more subs dude ............ But happy birthday anyway  AFC Wombles vs WHUFC (FA Cup) -- January 26th, 2019 682077930

thanks jiggs Smile

After the last game I wouldn't have had Carroll or Noble in the squad let alone in the first team... we really needed to change more than 3 players at half time... but hopefully Arnie will be back in the team next week - he's the only one who seems to be able to lead by example.

without him we seem lost...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jan 2019, 9:27 am

Most of those players who started were an embarrassment. Only Diop came out with any credit in the first half. Second half, Antonio and Snodgrass ran themselves into the ground, for nothing. Anderson, Perez and Fredericks made a real difference too

As for Noble, he got run ragged by a League One midfielder in Scott Wagstaff, who scored two and set up the cross for the 4th. Having Obiang alongside him meant we effectively had NO midfield

Having Antonio at right back with Ogbonna and Masuaku in defence meant we had no defence except for Diop

I am glad I won't have to see Adrian in goal for us again. The difference in ability between him and Fabianski is huge

Same goes for Masuaku. Unless Cresswell gets injured I hope I never see him in a West Ham shirt again. One of the worst left backs in the league, by a mile. Totally inept. To cap it all he got booked for diving

Carroll is finished. The injuries have finally caught up with him. He won ONE header first half when he nodded it down to Hernandez. He got totally bossed by two League One centre halves. His touch is awful and he can't pass water. Bye bye in the summer

Hernandez started brightly when he hit the post at 0-0. He thrives on service. With NO creativity behind him he just looked lost and disinterested most of time. There is no point playing him unless Nasri, Lanzini, Wilshere or Anderson are in the team

Diangana looked like a little boy playing in an adults game. Very poor. It was like playing with 9 men with him and AC doing nothing whatsoever first half

The worst thing last night? Our attitude. It totally stank the place out. Pellegrini must have a lot of those players (metaphorically or literally) knocking on his door asking why they are not starting games. Well lads, tonight you got your chance and you blew it; big time

The team Pellegrini put out there first half should have had more than enough to beat a side bottom of League One and STRUGGLING in League One. But the attitude was so poor that it wasn't. No wonder the manager is angry and embarrassed

So are we

Rant over

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:52 pm